• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Changing Broadband provider

Have you looked into satellite broadband?

Terrible upspeeds but downspeed is pretty good.
I'd never heard of satellite broadband, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look into it.
Although according to connecting Devon and Somerset, I may be able to get fibre in January...... I'll believe it when I see it.
2.5 mb/s is painful though!

I think a good internet connection would be one of my top requirements in any new property I was considering moving to.
Never thought I'd have said that. Id love to move to a more rural area but it does come at a price.

I didnt buy a really nice house once as it had brick internet. It was only a 1 year old property and the surrounding areas had virgin but not this development. It all worked out great, im in a better house now with 100mb internet.

Depends what you like to do. I use the internet a lot especially for online gaming, so its vital to my life.

Some people wouldnt buy a property that has poor internet connections, can actually devalue your house

we got screwed by virgin in our current house, we ordered cable before we moved in then the day before our move they called to say sorry, turns out we can't do that actual address, fudgers, we wouldn't have moved there had we known it was adsl

although, so far it's not been anywhere near as bad as I had feared

Looking at new internet providers for a new flat. Is the BT Sports pack worth considering?

Other options are TalkTalk, Virgin, Sky. Virgin's "up to" speed is 50mbs way higher than the 17mb of the others. Currently using Virgin as the speed has been good. All around £25 a month.

Edit 2 more optiosn:

• SSE are £4 a month less with same 17mb speeds. Never heard of them.
  • Virgin Media Vivid listed as upto 100mbs and only 50p more than the standard line rental.

So is BT Sports good to have? And is Virgin Vivid much different to standard 50mb Virgin?

Last edited:
Back