• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 23/24

We shouldn't laugh because it could affect our chances of being in the CL, but it was funny watching Saudi Sportswashing Machine last night.

60 mins of blowing smoke up the team and crowd. 'What an atmosphere' 'Sends shivers down your spine' 'Wait till those players come out of the tunnel' 'What a noise' 'Best supporters in the league they deserve this' 'Oh the atmosphere' 'This amazing stadium' 'They are playing some amazing football' oh and did we mention the atmosphere?

Then as soon as the 2nd Milan goal went in, 'This Saudi Sportswashing Machine team ravaged by injuries' 'They are out on their feet having to play every single minute of every game' 'You have to feel for them playing all these games'

We probably need an English winner in the CL with the other team reaching the S/fl and the same in the EL to grab some points back to ensure a 5th English spot.

No doubt if it stays at 4 spots it will be us that finishes 5th, when if there was any karma it would Man United or Newc@astle. Obviously if Liverpool were to finish 5th I am sure UEFA would discover an undisclosed loophole which lets them in

Surely that extra place is still safe. Arse and City cruised through in the CL, The 3 Europa sides and also Villa in the Conference have all breezed through their groups, I mean Liverpool and City are probably still favourites right?

I'm not sure how they point it. But for the cl there are:
2 english teams through
3 german teams
4 spanish teams
3 italian teams

So at the moment it would be spain and either germany or italy that get the extra places.

Surely that extra place is still safe. Arse and City cruised through in the CL, The 3 Europa sides and also Villa in the Conference have all breezed through their groups, I mean Liverpool and City are probably still favourites right?

Here's one. If City win the CL beating Arsenal in the final and Brighton or West Ham win the EL beating another team in the final that should be enough points to guarantee a 5th spot.

Provided Birghton or West Ham had not finished in the Top 5, would we then have 6 teams in the CL for next season, or in that scenario does the 5th place team fall into the EL, and the EL Winners take the 5th spot instead

We shouldn't laugh because it could affect our chances of being in the CL, but it was funny watching Saudi Sportswashing Machine last night.

60 mins of blowing smoke up the team and crowd. 'What an atmosphere' 'Sends shivers down your spine' 'Wait till those players come out of the tunnel' 'What a noise' 'Best supporters in the league they deserve this' 'Oh the atmosphere' 'This amazing stadium' 'They are playing some amazing football' oh and did we mention the atmosphere?

Then as soon as the 2nd Milan goal went in, 'This Saudi Sportswashing Machine team ravaged by injuries' 'They are out on their feet having to play every single minute of every game' 'You have to feel for them playing all these games'

We probably need an English winner in the CL with the other team reaching the S/fl and the same in the EL to grab some points back to ensure a 5th English spot.

No doubt if it stays at 4 spots it will be us that finishes 5th, when if there was any karma it would Man United or Newc@astle. Obviously if Liverpool were to finish 5th I am sure UEFA would discover an undisclosed loophole which lets them in
So so true !!
It's nauseating, like their TIFO before the game, it's like they became good of their own accord not because they got brought out by a fudging country and a scummy one at that

Here's one. If City win the CL beating Arsenal in the final and Brighton or West Ham win the EL beating another team in the final that should be enough points to guarantee a 5th spot.

Provided Birghton or West Ham had not finished in the Top 5, would we then have 6 teams in the CL for next season, or in that scenario does the 5th place team fall into the EL, and the EL Winners take the 5th spot instead

You can theoretically have 7 teams. Win both cups then finish outside the top 5.

You can theoretically have 7 teams. Win both cups then finish outside the top 5.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that 6 was maximum. In the scenario you described, the cup winners and top 4 would qualify, and the coefficiency spot would go to 3rd best country.

Also the coefficient has screwed things up as we can’t have a straight knockout competition which is much easier to engage with.

Champions league is getting a bit silly now. Its basically England, italy, Germany and Spain and that is it anyway. Group games are just there for money and TV. Richer teams and leagues just getting richer and richer every season.

16 teams. only 4 are from outside the big 4 European Cartel. And it will get worse in the coming seasons.

New format looks absolutely awful, super league anyone?

More big games that we don't need. The same big teams play each other too often already and combined with all the hype for mediocre games, I can't be bothered to watch anything other than Spurs any more.

More big games that we don't need. The same big teams play each other too often already and combined with all the hype for mediocre games, I can't be bothered to watch anything other than Spurs any more.

there's a whiff of yanky playoffs in there too, finish 9-24th and still have a crack at the trophy!

Arsenal get Porto and City get Copenhagen (as expected), that should see them both through which will help with the push for 5 spots

Last edited:
Back