• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Celtic Fans

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
Was watching a full blooded EPL game with lots at stake for both teams between Wigan and Tottenham. Neither side showed composure when it mattered. Celtic, when push comes to shove, would have both of them in their pocket- Gareth Bale and all.

I reckon if Celtic were thrown in at the deep end they'd finish above teams like Spurs, I'd say we'd finish 4th straight off and would be EPL championship contenders thereafter.

Frantic stuff delivered by the EPL at the best of times. Celtic would nail the huge majority of them. Maybe the EPL is going through a trough, it appears to me the standard there is fairly low by comparison to the rep it has.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133152

Deluded or what?

Based on our performance against Wigan, I think it's a justified comment..

Had he been watching against Emirates Marketing Project, his opinion may have been different ..

Sigh.

They live in this bubble of Scottish football where they don't realise how good their team really is or how good other teams are because most of the time they are against pub teams. They lost 3-1 to Motherwell at the weekend, but had already won the title so perhaps they didn't really bother with it. But they also lost:

Celtic lost 3-2 to Ross County in March.
Motherwell, 2-1 in February.
Hibernian, 1-0 in December.
Inverness, 1-0 at home in November.
Kilmarnock, 2-0 at home in October.

They have shown that the players lift themselves for a one-off cup final type of game in the Champions League but to say something like 'we'd have both in our pocket' is ridiculous. Juve smashed them to bits, Barcelona had already qualified, Benfica beat them. Spurs are closer to the level of these teams than Inverness Caley Thistle and Kilmarnock and Celtic didn't even 'nail' them.

Sigh.

They live in this bubble of Scottish football where they don't realise how good their team really is or how good other teams are because most of the time they are against pub teams. They lost 3-1 to Motherwell at the weekend, but had already won the title so perhaps they didn't really bother with it. But they also lost:

Celtic lost 3-2 to Ross County in March.
Motherwell, 2-1 in February.
Hibernian, 1-0 in December.
Inverness, 1-0 at home in November.
Kilmarnock, 2-0 at home in October.

They have shown that the players lift themselves for a one-off cup final type of game in the Champions League but to say something like 'we'd have both in our pocket' is ridiculous. Juve smashed them to bits, Barcelona had already qualified, Benfica beat them. Spurs are closer to the level of these teams than Inverness Caley Thistle and Kilmarnock and Celtic didn't even 'nail' them.

Sums it up. =D>

Based on our performance against Wigan, I think it's a justified comment..

Had he been watching against Emirates Marketing Project, his opinion may have been different ..

Exactly, he's taking what was a somewhat average performance by us (in a game that was a lot tougher than perhaps he thought) and comparing it to their best level or something close to it.

If Celtic are so good you should expect players from Celtic to transfer into the EPL and take the league by storm and you would expect average PL players going to Celtic to struggle. I think what happens is quite the opposite.

Bored because they have no real challenge any more. Their league will die.
They made their bed, let them lie in it.

To be fair, the quality in the premiership is not that elite, I have no doubts they'd be around 7th-9th in their first season especially with the novelty of a new challenge and big home support. I think the main argument would be with the huge increase in tv money and sell out crowds each week, theyd rise to the top and its hard to argue against that which is why they'll never be allowed in.

Celtic and the SPL are brick and they would struggle in the championship and seeing as most of there best players either go to or from a championship team they have no basis for that argument.

Also surely if they did get drafted over to the English league they should start at the bottom?

Celtic and the SPL are brick and they would struggle in the championship and seeing as most of there best players either go to or from a championship team they have no basis for that argument.

Also surely if they did get drafted over to the English league they should start at the bottom?

You seriously think they couldnt compete with the likes of West Ham, Stoke or Villa etc If I was a neutral I think it would have fantastic for the league to bring in Rangers and Celtic a few years back as you'd get two more big stadiums and intense atmospheres added, instead of a team like Wigan who struggle to fill their stadium but as a Spurs fan I wouldnt want to see us having another threat to our ambitions.

You seriously think they couldnt compete with the likes of West Ham, Stoke or Villa etc If I was a neutral I think it would have fantastic for the league to bring in Rangers and Celtic a few years back as you'd get two more big stadiums and intense atmospheres added, instead of a team like Wigan who struggle to fill their stadium but as a Spurs fan I wouldnt want to see us having another threat to our ambitions.

I really do not rate them and i feel West Ham and Stoke would walk the SPL as its so poor.

I really do not rate them and i feel West Ham and Stoke would walk the SPL as its so poor.

That's a seperate argument though. If Celtic or Rangers were in the EPL they would surely be a bigger draw for quality players than Wigan, Stoke, WBA etc. the stadiums, the city, global fanbase, history are all bigger and better than what those clubs can offer. Of course they would need to rebuild their squads to EPL standard.

That's a seperate argument though. If Celtic or Rangers were in the EPL they would surely be a bigger draw for quality players than Wigan, Stoke, WBA etc. the stadiums, the city, global fanbase, history are all bigger and better than what those clubs can offer. Of course they would need to rebuild their squads to EPL standard.

May aswell chuck over the successful Irish clubs why we are at it then?

Back