• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carroll to start over Parker at Swansea?

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Carroll looked good again in his cameo - sped up play, added creativity and made us more joined up. Parker was frustratingly wasteful and ran like he has lead in his boots.

I'd move Dembele back to the deeper of the two and in bring Carroll.

Thoughts?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: LLORIS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
WALKER:::::: DAWSON :::::::::: VERTONGHEN :::: EKOTTO
LENNON:::::: PARKER ::::::::::: DEMBELE ::::::::: BALE
::::::::::::::::::::::::::: DEMPSEY :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::: ADEBAYOR ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

for Swansea hopefully.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Bale:::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::
Bale:::: Bale::::::::::Bale:::: Bale
Bale:::::: Bale:::::::::: Bale:::::::::BALE
::::::::::::::::::::::::::Bale:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::Bale:::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::

I do not want Parker to start any more games. I don't know how fit Dembele is but he is not exactly impressing me either. I am not sure about Carroll but he was a bright spark today.
My knee jerk decision would be Carroll instead of Dembele.

Absolutely. I like Parker. He's given us something we never had with his drive. But he and Dembele as a partnership is crippling us. Carroll's a smart player and I am liking him more and more. Clearly got a good head on him and he unlike most in our side at the moment knows not when to be elaborate.

Anyone would be fine. I just have enough of watching Mr.Parker aka the ballerino keep driving forward insanely and ended up with no production.

I think Tom's playing style will easily get his teammates involved , just what we are missing.

Last edited:
Not wanting Parker to start is one thing, but putting in a child who offers fudge all as a replacement is not the right answer.

Not wanting Parker to start is one thing, but putting in a child who offers fudge all as a replacement is not the right answer.

Don't know mate, but I liked Carroll today and from his previous displays. What I like is the fact he just gives it easy and get's the players who can hurt the opposition the ball. Did you catch the game today? What did you think of Carroll's cameo today?

We are going to be away to a solid ball-posession side. This will be one of our most difficult away games this season, probably made harder by their loss to Arsenal (they'd want to prove a point imo).

We will need to be solid first and creative after we have won the midfield battle. We wont win that initial battle with Carrol at the beginning, more likely with Parker. We should just use Carrol fromm the bench if need be. In fact starting him at home may have more merit.

Understand the thinking behind this suggestion however but it might be too risky at Swansea...

Very harsh on Carroll who came on and took control of the midfield today. His passing was good, he wanted the ball, could very easily have had an assist and did several positive things.

-----------------------

What we mustn't do is play Parker every game in a tough schedule like the one we've just been through. Hopefully England won't need him to start and he can get a couple of weeks off now. We saw the same thing last season, Parker faded badly as the season wore on, just too many games seemed like an issue for him. We've seen him get back into decent shape after his injury now and he put some good performances, but 120 minutes on Thursday and starting today after the fixtures we've been through in recent weeks was at least one bridge too far.

Don't know mate, but I liked Carroll today and from his previous displays. What I like is the fact he just gives it easy and get's the players who can hurt the opposition the ball. Did you catch the game today? What did you think of Carroll's cameo today?

Don't expect him to answer

I dont think it would be fair to throw Carroll in at such a crucial time as this as his inexperience will show and he'll quickly get slated if he starts costing us points. I like him and think hes a decent player but without Parkers defensive work we'll get completly overrun. Thought when Holtby joined that Carroll would be the one to lose out though so maybe AVB thinks differently.

yes

Parker seems to take on the creative role when played alongside Dembele which quite frankly he is fudging useless at so id much rather see Carroll in there who showed more ingenuity in his cameo today than Parker ever has for us.

I've not seen Carroll today, but I'll hazard a guess that the team were that flat, void of ideas and couldnt give a brick, that Carroll may have stood out, heck even Livermore may have looked decent today.

I dont think it would be fair to throw Carroll in at such a crucial time as this as his inexperience will show and he'll quickly get slated if he starts costing us points. I like him and think hes a decent player but without Parkers defensive work we'll get completly overrun. Thought when Holtby joined that Carroll would be the one to lose out though so maybe AVB thinks differently.

I kind of agree.

I think AVB is smart to limit Carroll to sub appearances for now.

If there was a time to start him it would have been today, 120 minutes against Inter on Thursday for both Dembele and Parker. At home against a Fulham side that aren't particularly physical, nor particularly good. Swansea away will be a tougher game that will require more defensively from our central midfielders. With AVB not starting Carroll today I would be surprised to see him start away against Swansea.

Back