• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

HUGO. Not questions for me. Will play every week, captained France, and is probably our best player. Love the guy, and think he'd be an awesome damn captain. I'd go for Jan as vice captain, too.

Yeah - this is a direct quote: "It is important that we have many leaders in the group. It has been Younes and Hugo and maybe Hugo tomorrow, or another player."

So you agree, he didn't.

That's saying hat he's chosen in the past and what he might choose tomorrow. Beyond that he's given no clues.

Captain

So now the window is shut... who is our captain?

Who else thinks that we lack leaders? People who would die for the badge...

I think this is the main reason we lose so badly to the big teams. Our heads drop and we don't have a single player who can gee up the other 10 guys out there. No one. Even Lloris looks nervous against the top teams.

Sherwood was right - we are too nice.

Kalamity Kaboul is apparently our LEADER!

Re: Captain

But Kaboul won't play, so although he might be club captain, he won't be first team captain.

Club captain should be Brad Friedal.. talks well, has his head screwed on and IMO the sort of person a player can go to. Fantastic with the media too. Whilst he is still at the club maybe someone else may step up to the plate in that time.

[video=youtube_share;8O3P4mQeUmY]http://youtu.be/8O3P4mQeUmY[/video]

Team captain should be.. insert here.. don't know. Not Kaboul, I don't want him on the pitch. I don't like keepers being team captain, although reserve is fine for Lloris. I don't see anyone other than Vertonghen or Fazio. Sandro was the obvious choice for me.. but Levy fcuked that.

Last edited:
Fazio or Lloris the only two candidates IMO. Kaboul is probably 5th choice CB now that Chiriches is back.

Friedel is a good shout, as Lineker wrote the other day captaincy has very little to do with the on the pitch stuff

Back