• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Can he even speak English ??

English speakers are still the majority group of our squad (actually more so since the departures of Sandro, Gomes and Falque, and the arrivals of Davies and Dier), but they still only make-up a third. I don't think it would be an issue to have a French or Spanish speaker though considering the sizable groups of those we have:

English/American/Welsh - BF, BD, DR, KW, KN, ED, RM, AT, AL, HK (10)
French/Walloon - HL, YK, BS, NB, EC, MD, NC, EA (8)
Spanish/Portuguese - FF, P, EL, CC, RS (5)
Dutch/Flemish - MV, JV (2)
Other - VC, CE (2)

fazio?? he has just signed for the club:lol: .........i think there will be a double announcement on mon. Jan Vertonghen, signs new contract and is made the new captain;)

The departures of Dawson and Sandro have left a massive vacuum. Leaders standout a mile off. I see no reason at all why Poch wouldn't give it to Fazio, or even Stambouli, if they are the right type of personalities.

The departures of Dawson and Sandro have left a massive vacuum. Leaders standout a mile off. I see no reason at all why Poch wouldn't give it to Fazio, or even Stambouli, if they are the right type of personalities.

there is no way Stambouli or Fazio will be installed as captain ahead of Lloris, Vertonghen or even Kaboul.......maybe next summer one of them will be given the captaincy once Lloris and Verts leave:(

there is no way Stambouli or Fazio will be installed as captain ahead of Lloris, Vertonghen or even Kaboul.......maybe next summer one of them will be given the captaincy once Lloris and Verts leave:(

Lloris is maybe too introverted. Verts maybe doesn't rise to adversity. Kaboul is our 5th best CB now.

There's no outstanding candidate. And one of the new boys may tick all the boxes. A fresh face might also help Poch with his culture change - give us the backbone that was so absent last season.

Lloris is maybe too introverted. Verts maybe doesn't rise to adversity. Kaboul is our 5th best CB now.

There's no outstanding candidate. And one of the new boys may tick all the boxes. A fresh face might also help Poch with his culture change - give us the backbone that was so absent last season.

Kaboul is 5th sorry whose ahead of him?

also why wait till monday to make the big announcement. Its so odd, we have a game on tomorrow. If it was so simple for Poch to choose Fazio or Stambouli then he would have done it by now. Thats what makes me think it will be a double announcement of Verts new contract and him being named captain............anyway, youve said on countless occasions that the role of the captain is no longer as vital as it once was, that the days of players responding to big characters like Tony Adams are long gone. You say that Lloris is too introverted, well i always thought Ledley was that way inclined too but still he led us for all those years.

also why wait till monday to make the big announcement. Its so odd, we have a game on tomorrow. If it was so simple for Poch to choose Fazio or Stambouli then he would have done it by now. Thats what makes me think it will be a double announcement of Verts new contract and him being named captain............anyway, youve said on countless occasions that the role of the captain is no longer as vital as it once was, that the days of players responding to big characters like Tony Adams are long gone. You say that Lloris is too introverted, well i always thought Ledley was that way inclined too but still he led us for all those years.

I would guess Kaboul starts tomorrow as captain, be maybe Poch doesn't see him as a long term captain. Not that any of this really matters.

I would guess Kaboul starts tomorrow as captain, be maybe Poch doesn't see him as a long term captain. Not that any of this really matters.

possibly, but if it doesnt really matter then why doesnt Poch just name the captain now

Kaboul is 5th sorry whose ahead of him?

Verts, Fazio, Chiriches and Dier.

Kaboul isn't an EPL level player anymore the way he's been playing this last 12 months.

youve said on countless occasions that the role of the captain is no longer as vital as it once was, that the days of players responding to big characters like Tony Adams are long gone. You say that Lloris is too introverted, well i always thought Ledley was that way inclined too but still he led us for all those years.

Fair point.

Maybe we should just give it to Townsend or Kane - someone who bleeds navy and white and has spent their whole life at the club.

possibly, but if it doesnt really matter then why doesnt Poch just name the captain now

Captains are more about PR than anything to do with the team

Gutter boy your hilarious chiriches struggles to get in the team whoever manages us, and Dier has played a few games for us mostly at rb

I think this is one of our issues at the moment. Lack of leadership on the pitch. Can't remember where I read it but it was a top player or manager saying along the lines of, the more captains you have on the pitch the better. They will all drag each other along and all demand that bit extra from each other when needed. Look at Chelsea at the moment. Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Matic could all put the band on and that is their spine. There's no hiding from them all if your on the same pitch. I felt against Liverpool we were a bit leader-less and today the last 15 mins we could have done with a Dawson style character.

The offical team photo was done today I believe, perhaps they will announce the captain the same time that is released?

It's surely Vertonghen? I think it's telling that lloris didn't wear the armband Saturday. Kaboul will be vice captain.

The offical team photo was done today I believe, perhaps they will announce the captain the same time that is released?

There's some stuff on twitter that neither Kaboul or Verts were sat in the captain's place for the photo, and Poch was stood in the way of the mystery person. It was getting down to boot identification.

Back