• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Can't be bothered to track through the rest of this thread so may have the wrong end of the stick but has a discussion on our new captain turned into a religous debate? F me, only on GG :lol:

I'd personally go for Lloris due to his experience of being a skipper at the highest level but I might go for Sandro as well, though admittedly it may just be because of my borderline obsessive admiration of him...

English fans love a chest thumper. There's no problem on the football field that cannot be solved with more passion.

I think you are under-rating it to be honest. Of course, you need technicaly gifted players, but you need leaders too (whether they wear an armband or not).

Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry, Puyol, Ramos, Gerrard -- all very aggressive, passionate players who can lead their teams. I think there is something to it, especially if you look at Utd under Fergie (the most relevant example to us, as they have been the most successful Premier League side), they have always had the "chest thumper" edge running through their squad, from the manager on down.

Look at VdV for us, and how he'd take the lead in the derby games.

English fans love a chest thumper. There's no problem on the football field that cannot be solved with more passion.

I have nothing against a chest thumper but its not a must for a captain, my problem is how the hell can so many fans can tell by Jan's " body language" that he can not be bothered, what uni do you go to to get that degree. :-k

I have nothing against a chest thumper but its not a must for a captain, my problem is how the hell can so many fans can tell by Jan's " body language" that he can not be bothered, what uni do you go to to get that degree. :-k

Was the same with Berbs, some people's body language is just different...

I agree 100%

Was the same with Berbs, some people's body language is just different...

Some players are just laid back, Jan is one of them but the " body language" experts say he does not care,it always makes me laugh when i hear them say that.

If I agree too does the universe implode?

Implosion_Wallpaper_twri.jpg

Time to ressurect this thread I guess. So who gets the position??

If we are really getting rid of Kaboul then I guess we need to go for Lloris or Verts imo. Even if Kaboul is here after the transfer window closes he likely won't be first choice at CB, so the question then becomes who gets the new vice captain position?

Back