• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

Who was vice captain under Dawson?

We don't really have any long standing players that would suit it any more.. Hugo is a good shout, beyond that Vertonghen.

IIRC Kaboul was vice captain whilst Dawson was captain. Now Daws has gone I'd assume Kaboul would take the club captain title despite Fazio likely being 1st choice alongside Verts.

IIRC Kaboul was vice captain whilst Dawson was captain. Now Daws has gone I'd assume Kaboul would take the club captain title despite Fazio likely being 1st choice alongside Verts.

What's Kaboul like as a person - is he quite serious/mature/good at PR etc.?

Because that's as much, if not more, the role of the captain these days, rather than balling out on the pitch.

For me Lloris is the standout - universally respected, squeaky clean and has a very steely determination about him.

I think people, especially British media and fans, put way to much into this captain thing. It's not really that important who chooses head or tail in the coin toss.

I think people, especially British media and fans, put way to much into this captain thing. It's not really that important who chooses head or tail in the coin toss.

Agree - it's a PR/media role, rather than annointing a leader.

And it's not like cricket or rugby where there's a tactical role as well.

It seems Dawson was well liked by his colleagues, quite a few foreign players have taken to social media to bid him farewell, so obviously as club captain he plays his part in helping players settle. Will be interesting to see who is announced as club captain now. The obvious choice for me would be Lloirs, for his constant presence in the team as well as a global reputation as a great player, but we don't know how the players act and behave off the field. He could be a very quiet introspective person when really the opposite. We will just have to have faith Poch makes the right call.

Maybe he won't announce a club captain, will be whoever he sees fit from week to week if Kaboul picks up an injury.

Tottenham's new skipper will be decided after the transfer window shuts says Pochettino

Last year’s Spurs captain Michael Dawson, who made 324 appearances for the White Hart lane club in nine years, joined Hull in a £3 million deal on Tuesday.

So far new Spurs boss Pochettino has used defender Younes Kaboul as captain in both league games, which his side have won, this season, while French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris led the side in the Europa League against AEL Limassol.

Spurs face the Cypriot’s in the second leg of their play off round tomorrow night, and Pochettino said: “We decided to let Michael go because it was the best thing for him.

“He would not get regular games this season.

“In the end we decided it was a good thing for him and us.

“I had to take a decision, but I wish him all the best. He is an unbelievable man and was a very important player.”

The Spurs manager, who is poised to sign Sevilla centre back Federico Fazio centre back for £8 million in the next 48 hours, added: “We will make a decision on the captaincy after the window is closed.

“We have many leaders and we will decide in the next few days. You need many leaders in your squad. People will have to wait.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ter-the-transfer-window-shuts-says-Pochettino

Tottenham's new skipper will be decided after the transfer window shuts says Pochettino

Last year’s Spurs captain Michael Dawson, who made 324 appearances for the White Hart lane club in nine years, joined Hull in a £3 million deal on Tuesday.

So far new Spurs boss Pochettino has used defender Younes Kaboul as captain in both league games, which his side have won, this season, while French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris led the side in the Europa League against AEL Limassol.

Spurs face the Cypriot’s in the second leg of their play off round tomorrow night, and Pochettino said: “We decided to let Michael go because it was the best thing for him.

“He would not get regular games this season.

“In the end we decided it was a good thing for him and us.

“I had to take a decision, but I wish him all the best. He is an unbelievable man and was a very important player.”

The Spurs manager, who is poised to sign Sevilla centre back Federico Fazio centre back for £8 million in the next 48 hours, added: “We will make a decision on the captaincy after the window is closed.

“We have many leaders and we will decide in the next few days. You need many leaders in your squad. People will have to wait.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ter-the-transfer-window-shuts-says-Pochettino

A hint that Kaboul might not be at the club come Tuesday?

Or that Fazio or Schneiderlin might be made captain?

I trust Poch with this. He was a good captain in his playing days so I can imagine he knows which attributes are needed in a person to fulfil the role.

Where was that hint?

“We will make a decision on the captaincy after the window is closed."

That either means a potential candidate is coming in or going out.

Otherwise he'd've just said something about considering his options for a while now that Dawson has departed.

“We will make a decision on the captaincy after the window is closed."

That either means a potential candidate is coming in or going out.

Otherwise he'd've just said something about considering his options for a while now that Dawson has departed.

To be honest I just took that as a we will decide once we know exactly who is in the squad....anything is possible whilst the window is open. Incomings/outgoings can happen that you didnt plan for.

Not sure there is any subtle hint re Kaboul there, but who knows....

Back