• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Captain Next Season?

What's the difference (from an outside perspective) between someone who is sulking and someone cool enough not to display their emotions externally?

There's 9,570 results for "vertonghen sulk" on a google search. I cant't be making it up.

Most people would argue they recognising someone sulking if they see it. Usually they refuse to make eye contact with those around them.

Regardless the guy isnt suitable for captaincy. Remember when it leaked out that he couldnt take some simple banter from his teamates about playing left back.
I suspect most people see what they want/expect to see in non-committal body language.

And I think you're reading way too much into an article that is nothing more than the opinion of a journalist writing for one of the worst 'news'papers this country has.

I suspect most people see what they want/expect to see in non-committal body language.

And I think you're reading way too much into an article that is nothing more than the opinion of a journalist writing for one of the worst 'news'papers this country has.

I think some of his performances last season were 'non-contract-year-adebayor-esque'. Whether there was any sulking involved, I have no idea -- certainly half-arsed compared to his first season.

I think some of his performances last season were 'non-contract-year-adebayor-esque'. Whether there was any sulking involved, I have no idea -- certainly half-arsed compared to his first season.
I'm not arguing that he was up to his best last season - far from it.

Although he was often played out of position and often had different partners. Anyone who's played in defence will tell you how much that can affect your performance.

I'm not arguing that he was up to his best last season - far from it.

Although he was often played out of position and often had different partners. Anyone who's played in defence will tell you how much that can affect your performance.

Hopefully we can sign another senior centre-half to play alongside him -- couple that with having 2 left-backs in the squad, we should see improved performances from all of our defenders.

I'd still choose Lloris as captain though. I think he's our best player, he shows a lot of guts (wanting to carry on after that f**king great whack in the head last season) and those 2 factors means he would command a lot of respect from his team-mates (imo). Plus, he's just signed a 5 year deal hasn't he?

It's OK, I prayed for it not to harm me.

As soon as GHod is done slaughtering babies in Africa and the Middle East, I'm sure he'll get right onto it.

I don't believe in a personal GHod, but it's comments like yours that give atheists the smug, self righteous reputation they have.

I don't believe in a personal GHod, but it's comments like yours that give atheists the smug, self righteous reputation they have.
I don't doubt that I sound smug and self-righteous. After about 2000 years isn't it our turn? It also doesn't make me any less right.

I need to set up some kind of bot that just quotes Scaras posts and adds the clapping smiley

if I wasn't posting mobile this one would have that Morgan freeman jpg

What's the difference (from an outside perspective) between someone who is sulking and someone cool enough not to display their emotions externally?

Good question, i have heard several Spurs fans say that Jan's body language shows he did not care last season, the fact that he is a laid back guy does not come into apparently. I wonder how these fans become such experts on body language. :-k.

Good question, i have heard several Spurs fans say that Jan's body language shows he did not care last season, the fact that he is a laid back guy does not come into apparently. I wonder how these fans become such experts on body language. :-k.
English fans love a chest thumper. There's no problem on the football field that cannot be solved with more passion.

Back