• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Re: West Ham

uyo.gif

Joke decision. West Ham shouldn't be bringing the courts into it but that shouldn't have even been a yellow.

First time I've seen that incident, it's not blatant, but there's no way on earth that was going to be rescinded, I think he could have meant it and the contact is clear as day.

Has anyone seen Allardyce on SSN? What a complete Prick.

Stating the diciplinary process is flawed and it is a massive injustice and West Ham have been wronged. In his opinion.

Bell-end.

I hate them. Was never bothered about them until a couple of years ago when two lads at football started making a load of noise about them and how Spurs were ****. Honestly, listening to their fans some days I get the impression that they would rather be relegated than see us make top 4 this year.

I read this earlier

http://gu.com/p/3mnet

and thought that the following was interesting

Towards the end of last year, Morrison was invited to a meeting with the football agent Mark Curtis to see if he wanted to become one of his clients. Curtis does this a fair bit with Allardyce's players. At West Ham, he either represents or has links with Allardyce, Kevin Nolan, James Tomkins, Jack Collison, Matt Jarvis, Andy Carroll, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Adrian. Look through his history and there is a fairly astounding pattern of players signing up to him from Allardyce teams. He also has a chequered past of his own, with an official warning from the Football Association after the 2008 investigation into Luton Town's illegal transfer dealings.

Morrison was not keen but, since then, his complaint is that he has felt under considerable pressure from Allardyce and Nolan to change his mind, claiming it is brought up on an almost daily basis. His grievance is that he wanted to go into training to learn and improve, not to have endless conversations about an agent he did not want to employ.

There's an ex-agent, whose name I forget, that regularly pipes up on the matter, but I think there are some legal stuff that prevents him from telling the whole story. He had clients stolen by the above mentioned combo.

I read this earlier

http://gu.com/p/3mnet

and thought that the following was interesting

I know someone who knows this story first hand and Morrison was well and truly tricked into a meeting, was invited to hotel by Nolan to chat and Sam was there with this agent saying "if you sign for Curtis we will get you a better deal from WHU", all very dodgy and it backfired on WHU as Ravel was not the money grabber they expected him to be.....

I know someone who knows this story first hand and Morrison was well and truly tricked into a meeting, was invited to hotel by Nolan to chat and Sam was there with this agent saying "if you sign for Curtis we will get you a better deal from WHU", all very dodgy and it backfired on WHU as Ravel was not the money grabber they expected him to be.....

Seconded. Heard this too. From a very solid source. BFS remains a total f ucking disgrace. My West Ham mates hate him as much as I do!

Seconded. Heard this too. From a very solid source. BFS remains a total f ucking disgrace. My West Ham mates hate him as much as I do!

I also heard the deal they had in mind would never have made it past the board and was turned down in principle by the board.

Dodgy stuff indeed. You wonder how much this goes on elsewhere..

What's in it for Sam if Ravel (or any player) signs with this agent? I don't get why this thing goes on. Surely he'd want the best deals from the club to be for the best players period?

Or is it to do with if Sam gets sacked, leaves, he has the power (through his agent) to take players away from the club (perhaps to his new club) en masse?

A Gooner I know said that they have only just purged David Dein's influence at the club, when in the last year the last of the players that were represented by his son was sold (can't remember who it was..)
Wonder if this is another of those scenarios?

Dodgy stuff indeed. You wonder how much this goes on elsewhere..

What's in it for Sam if Ravel (or any player) signs with this agent? I don't get why this thing goes on. Surely he'd want the best deals from the club to be for the best players period?

Or is it to do with if Sam gets sacked, leaves, he has the power (through his agent) to take players away from the club (perhaps to his new club) en masse?

A Gooner I know said that they have only just purged David Dein's influence at the club, when in the last year the last of the players that were represented by his son was sold (can't remember who it was..)
Wonder if this is another of those scenarios?

No specifically linked to this deal as I really do not know, but it is widely reported some managers arrange deals for players, in many cases managing to get them more and taking a kickback on the extra. Ravel for example after his form would be expecting a decent pay rise and you could speculate that Sam might want a slice of that, Ravel would get his deal, Sam a slice of the pie and also Ravel becomes one of Sam's boys and gets first team football on tap. Nolan gets big moves and is almost guaranteed pitch time regardless of form, even though many of my friends who are West Ham fans have said he is poor, he is almost always in the side.

No specifically linked to this deal as I really do not know, but it is widely reported some managers arrange deals for players, in many cases managing to get them more and taking a kickback on the extra. Ravel for example after his form would be expecting a decent pay rise and you could speculate that Sam might want a slice of that, Ravel would get his deal, Sam a slice of the pie and also Ravel becomes one of Sam's boys and gets first team football on tap. Nolan gets big moves and is almost guaranteed pitch time regardless of form, even though many of my friends who are West Ham fans have said he is poor, he is almost always in the side.

I must say this is truly more shocked by this kind of corruption than the other types we hear/think related to the higher echelons such as those rumoured to be linked to oligarchs, Dein etc
Saw that Nolan was on MOTD tonight interviewed about his goal (what's so special about him??)

I also must say that one could also wonder if a pattern appears with some of the semi-mediocre English managers who always get good gigs: Allardyce, Warnock, Redknapp8-[

Perhaps this topic needs it own thread...

I must say this is truly more shocked by this kind of corruption than the other types we hear/think related to the higher echelons such as those rumoured to be linked to oligarchs, Dein etc
Saw that Nolan was on MOTD tonight interviewed about his goal (what's so special about him??)

I also must say that one could also wonder if a pattern appears with some of the semi-mediocre English managers who always get good gigs: Allardyce, Warnock, Redknapp8-[

Perhaps this topic needs it own thread...

I think we need to be careful about this kind of speculation. And we certainly shouldn't mention the needless purchase of right backs.

Manager signs player and has it written into his contract that he's entitled to a cut of any profits if the player is sold. Said manager then takes over a different club and signs same player at an inflated price...

Wonder how much this kind of thing happens. :-k

Such a shame that we now won't be in a position to potentially relegate them come May 3rd/4th but I can only hope that Sherwood manages to remind the players of what happened against them both times earlier this season and what happened back in 2006. This is a chance to right that particular wrong at a similar stage to that season, with just as much at stake and hopefully that will be impressed upon the current squad by Sherwood and players who experienced it such as Lennon and Dawson.

Manager signs player and has it written into his contract that he's entitled to a cut of any profits if the player is sold. Said manager then takes over a different club and signs same player at an inflated price...

Wonder how much this kind of thing happens. :-k

Hahaha, Crouch deal made me laugh with Pompey..

So what's going on with this? Is same being investigated or has he not actually broken any rules?

Also, was it Morrison who broke the story?

Back