• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

I bet none of you saw this coming....

West Ham’s on-loan striker Simone Zaza set to return to Juventus
• Italian has made 11 appearances for London club with no goals
• Slaven Bilic denies that Dimitri Payet is to join Manchester United

West Ham paid £5m to take Simone Zaza on loan from the Serie A champions Juventus. Photograph: Rob Newell/CameraSport via Getty Images

Guardian sport

Friday 16 December 2016 16.22 GMT

Simone Zaza’s less-than-successful loan spell at West Ham United will come to an end in January, his agent, Vincenzo Morabito, has reportedly claimed.

West Ham paid £5m to take Zaza on loan from the Serie A champions, with the deal automatically becoming a long-term one, at a cost of a further £20m, if he made a set number of Premier League appearances for the club this season. Having made 11 in all competitions and failed to score, the London club look set to cut their losses.

Juvenews reported that Morabito said: “Zaza will definitely go back to Juve, because West Ham do not want to keep him. He could well stay in Turin, given that Juventus might need another striker. If not, there are plenty of other options.”

One player who will not leave West Ham in January is Dimitri Payet, according to the manager Slaven Bilic. Reports in France recently claimed the midfielder could be on his way to Manchester United, with his fellow Frenchman Anthony Martial heading in the opposite direction.

“I can’t see any truth in that,” Bilic said before Saturday’s visit of Hull City. “Regarding Payet, not regarding Martial. He is a good player, a great player. But I don’t see this happening.

“Do I expect Payet to stay? Of course. Great players are always the centre of interest. Payet is one of the best in the world and they are always the ones who are linked with the big clubs. But I hope, and I expect, he will stay with us.”

While speculation about Payet’s future is likely to be a continuing theme of next month’s transfer window, West Ham have tied down another talent in the shape of Reece Oxford. The defender was a target for Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United but marked his 18th birthday by signing a four-and-a-half-year contract at the London Stadium.

“It is great news for us,” Bilic said. “It is great news to sign one of the best talents, for him to stay with us for the long term, and it is a great thing for him as well. This is the best club for him to continue his development.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/16/west-ham-striker-simone-zaza-juventus

They have 50,000 on their season ticket waiting list, I can't understand why they have to advertise "Kids for a Quid" and £15 for Adults for their F.A. Cup tie against Emirates Marketing Project, it's hardly a duff fixture.

Back