• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Their fans wanted Moyes out last week

Our fans will have you believe winning the Coca Cola, Lidl europa, steel bin trophy is the be all and end all

Dude every other post from you at the minute is a jab at "our fans" this or "our fans" that! What have we, the fans done to hurt you?

And I'm at a loss at the making out that it's a bad thing to want to win trophies so it's not even an actually negative generalisation to make but you don't seem mighty positive on your fellow yids at the minute.

Every club has spoiled / entitled fans as well as deluded happy clapper ones.

On the West Ham front what did you see to make you think "Their fans wanted Moyes out last week"? There may be a few but again it's a mass generalisation, clubs fanbases aren't monoliths, like us, some want to sell Kane, some don't etc...

Does seem a mess for West Ham though, to lose a key player for big money and have no signings coming in to a season with European football added in to the mix. Could be a bit of a fallout like there was with Parker / Bournemouth last season.

Dude every other post from you at the minute is a jab at "our fans" this or "our fans" that! What have we, the fans done to hurt you?

And I'm at a loss at the making out that it's a bad thing to want to win trophies so it's not even an actually negative generalisation to make but you don't seem mighty positive on your fellow yids at the minute.

Every club has spoiled / entitled fans as well as deluded happy clapper ones.

On the West Ham front what did you see to make you think "Their fans wanted Moyes out last week"? There may be a few but again it's a mass generalisation, clubs fanbases aren't monoliths, like us, some want to sell Kane, some don't etc...

Does seem a mess for West Ham though, to lose a key player for big money and have no signings coming in to a season with European football added in to the mix. Could be a bit of a fallout like there was with Parker / Bournemouth last season.

I will reel it in abit, I have realised it myself. But being honest I get we all love the club but there are also fans everywhere including on here where all they do is take Jabs at the club and try and find 1001 creative ways to say the same negative things but over countless threads. That said its not all fans, generally many great fans here and elsewhere, just a few and then countless on social media (have highlighted a fair few)

I mean we all know the club has faults and things are all not rosey but equally it doesn't make absolutely everything about out club sh1t

There is also a trend where is seems that praising Spurs and digging rivals is now alien and infact people seem to constantly wanna pull people up on why other clubs are so damn better than Spurs...happens all the time, so it works both ways TBH and it's equally weary

Like I say I will reel it in as I dont particularly wanna be thay bloke haha

I heard a West Ham fan on the radio the other day saying they look pretty fudged this season... but who cares. They won a trophy and won't forget Prague for a long time. Said they would be happy to start again from scratch and rebuild.

I suppose most fans WOULD say that to save face but it's actually refreshing to hear a fan speak honestly and not predict they are gonna win the league etc. He reminded me of when I was younger and we used to simply win some, lose some and you just had to enjoy the highs and the moments and the players you have while they are happening.

I will reel it in abit, I have realised it myself. But being honest I get we all love the club but there are also fans everywhere including on here where all they do is take Jabs at the club and try and find 1001 creative ways to say the same negative things but over countless threads. That said its not all fans, generally many great fans here and elsewhere, just a few and then countless on social media (have highlighted a fair few)

I mean we all know the club has faults and things are all not rosey but equally it doesn't make absolutely everything about out club sh1t

There is also a trend where is seems that praising Spurs and digging rivals is now alien and infact people seem to constantly wanna pull people up on why other clubs are so damn better than Spurs...happens all the time, so it works both ways TBH and it's equally weary

Like I say I will reel it in as I dont particularly wanna be thay bloke haha

Fair play. I appreciate that it can get tiresome hearing people slagging off the club at every opportunity, I'm on the fence as on the other hand making out that everything is brilliant comes off a bit sad as well but it's nice to have hope I imagine, there's probably a healthy middle ground in between the stances which I will endeavor to find..

In an ideal world we'll manage to get more unity back within the fanbase as well as feeling a proper connection with the team. People being prickly (not aimed at you!) on a Spurs forum during the summer following a disappointing season is to be expected, hopefully next year will be a different vibe rather than one of a smug "I told you it was going to be a trainwreck" rhetoric.

Fair play. I appreciate that it can get tiresome hearing people slagging off the club at every opportunity, I'm on the fence as on the other hand making out that everything is brilliant comes off a bit sad as well but it's nice to have hope I imagine, there's probably a healthy middle ground in between the stances which I will endeavor to find..

In an ideal world we'll manage to get more unity back within the fanbase as well as feeling a proper connection with the team. People being prickly (not aimed at you!) on a Spurs forum during the summer following a disappointing season is to be expected, hopefully next year will be a different vibe rather than one of a smug "I told you it was going to be a trainwreck" rhetoric.

Amen bro

I hope for a half decent one....lets see haha

I think I’m quite closely aligned with your views re our fanbase. It’s grating to see and hear endless negativism but it’s also quite comical seeing absurdly positive/borderline denial level posts given how poor things have been for the last 3-4 years. Like you, I hope Ange can bring some togetherness back to the club. As much as I don’t like saying it, our rivals down the road are unified and are all pulling in the same direction, you can’t put a price on that.

I think I’m quite closely aligned with your views re our fanbase. It’s grating to see and hear endless negativism but it’s also quite comical seeing absurdly positive/borderline denial level posts given how poor things have been for the last 3-4 years. Like you, I hope Ange can bring some togetherness back to the club. As much as I don’t like saying it, our rivals down the road are unified and are all pulling in the same direction, you can’t put a price on that.

Yeh I know I miss the beat some of the time, but I agree with this. I think its possible to be in the middle, be optimistic but acknowledge the faults. Like you say the togetherness is something that should be worked towards in a period of reset under any manager...

I think its about living the moment not the past, I try to, but need to get better with it too

Last edited:
City are apparently in for Paqueta now.

They're having a shocker of a window at the moment.
That would be hilarious.
Their squad isn't bad. But the only stand out player is Paqueta.

Maguire and Ward Prowse are decent for them (albeit waaay over paying), but don't add much.
Although I have a suspicion Maguire might be good for them.

That would be hilarious.
Their squad isn't bad. But the only stand out player is Paqueta.

Maguire and Ward Prowse are decent for them (albeit waaay over paying), but don't add much.
Although I have a suspicion Maguire might be good for them.

They thought they were being ultra smart coming out and saying Rice was for sale, literally straight after the Final. I can't help think it's bitten them on the arse. Everyone taking them to the cleaners now

Paquette is off then. He is decent, West Ham are going to hurt badly this season

According to the Twitter Journos he would love to leave West Ham for City (Can't blame him), However he has a release clause that only becomes active after this coming season.

According to the Twitter Journos he would love to leave West Ham for City (Can't blame him), However he has a release clause that only becomes active after this coming season.
I'm sure he'll go on strike to get the deal done.

There are definitely some half full / half empty vibes, in real life (IRL as my 10 year old tells me!) I'm sure some of this negativity is a defence mechanism to fear the worst and insulate against disappointment and hoping to be wrong/ surprised.

In my Spurs peer group I often find myself dampening heightened expectations but becoming a cheer leader when it feels like there is a negative feel. Pre season though, you have to have a tiny bit of hope imo!

There are definitely some half full / half empty vibes, in real life (IRL as my 10 year old tells me!) I'm sure some of this negativity is a defence mechanism to fear the worst and insulate against disappointment and hoping to be wrong/ surprised.

In my Spurs peer group I often find myself dampening heightened expectations but becoming a cheer leader when it feels like there is a negative feel. Pre season though, you have to have a tiny bit of hope imo!

Hahah exactly, somewhere in the middle is just right.

And if we can't sample the delights of sticking it in our rivals without someone saying "we Spurs ain't much better" then football life is just worth living hahaha

Back