• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

[

The fudge are you talking about domestic cups for in the west Ham thread kid, they won a European one.

It seems like you and Scara have a competition in place to be the most seemingly entitled / arrogant Spurs fan despite all real life evidence. You actually have no right to be picking and choosing what's best to win. Hopefully it'll be the same for City with the FFP charges but we simply don't know unless you're done kind of top level lawyer involved in the case which I doubt.

these trophies are defined by the prize, and this one holds the same as the English domestic cups, a Europa league place

there is a hierarchy in play, it's not picking and choosing

these trophies are defined by the prize, and this one holds the same as the English domestic cups, a Europa league place

there is a hierarchy in play, it's not picking and choosing
...and the prize for this cup is to spend an entire season in another cup nobody wants to be a part of. If they win that, then they qualify for something that counts.

David Moyes will stay on as West Ham manager after winning the Europa Conference League.

Moyes' future had been the subject of huge speculation throughout the season.

On three occasions, the Scot appeared to be one game from the sack, however, each time, West Ham won and eventually secured their Premier League future with two games to spare.

The Hammers have since gone on to end their 43-year wait for a trophy by beating Fiorentina in Prague.

And it has now been decided Moyes, 60, will stay in his job as West Ham look forward to European football for the third successive season for the first time in their history.

Moyes will have to cope without skipper Declan Rice, who is set to leave the club this summer, but is eager to build on their Conference League triumph.

"I hope we can continue to make progress. I think we have done over the last two or three years and last night was progress because we won a trophy. It was massive for us to win a trophy," Moyes said when interviewed during West Ham's open-top bus parade in London on Friday.

"It's very hard to compete at the top end every season but all you can do is try your best every season and that's what we do - and next season that's what we'll do.

Gotta be odds on to be out by the end of September.

But until the end of time will be recorded as the man who won a European trophy with them. There's probably better odds on Poste leaving at that time.

I self imposed a four day ban on the forum as I felt I went in a bit hard in our last discussion but it's absolutely not the case, you're straight up deluded in a delightfully infuriating way.

But until the end of time will be recorded as the man who won a European trophy with them. There's probably better odds on Poste leaving at that time.

I self imposed a four day ban on the forum as I felt I went in a bit hard in our last discussion but it's absolutely not the case, you're straight up deluded in a delightfully infuriating way.

Yep, him and Redknapp.

Yep, him and Redknapp.

Make it make sense at least. Which competitive European trophy has Redknapp won for West Ham? I can't recall but please enlighten me.

You being an arse hs stretched this bumping of the West Ham thread out btw when it could have been dead and buried.

Make it make sense at least. Which competitive European trophy has Redknapp won for West Ham? I can't recall but please enlighten me.

You being an arse hs stretched this bumping of the West Ham thread out btw when it could have been dead and buried.

The intertoto cup, in 1999, which qualified them for the UEFA cup.

The intertoto cup, in 1999, which qualified them for the UEFA cup.

Was it recognized as a a competitive European trophy at the time?

The way things are set about now suggests there are currently three major European trophies but i can imagine it gets a bit hard in terms of labelling and a lot of it is for marketing purposes.

I'm happy to be wrong on semantics as in effect they won a trophy we were in contention for under Conte and didn't even qualify for this time around. My thought process doesn't compute in your protective bubble of the idea that winning things is bad.

Was it recognized as a a competitive European trophy at the time?

The way things are set about now suggests there are currently three major European trophies but i can imagine it gets a bit hard in terms of labelling and a lot of it is for marketing purposes.

I'm happy to be wrong on semantics as in effect they won a trophy we were in contention for under Conte and didn't even qualify for this time around. My thought process doesn't compute in your protective bubble of the idea that winning things is bad.

Yes, a full UEFA competition.

There is one major European trophy, and two minor ones, which are steps towards it.

It's not that winning things is bad, its that some things are not worth putting resources into when you have a shot at a greater prize, especially when your resources are limited but those of your peers are not.

Their fans wanted Moyes out last week

Our fans will have you believe winning the Coca Cola, Lidl europa, steel bin trophy is the be all and end all

Winning anything domestic or Europe would be nice though wouldn't it, you'd enjoy it.

Moyes will be gone by Christmas, though owners not doing him any favours, not signed anyone and sitting on a big pile of cash.

I would, I am being overly trashy about bit, I won't lie

But that trophy is trash, but I would take it

away from that I thin Moyes is a decent manager, given a few years of stability he would have them doing ok IMO...

Winning anything domestic or Europe would be nice though wouldn't it, you'd enjoy it.

Moyes will be gone by Christmas, though owners not doing him any favours, not signed anyone and sitting on a big pile of cash.
There's a bit of a rift between Moyes and their recently appointed sporting director, who's made his name doing well in spotting up and coming young players around Europe. But Moyes seem to only want established players with PL experience. Won't end well for Moyes.

Back