• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Looks like LIV ARS MNC are fighting for top 3, whilst AST TOT fight for 4th.
MNU will need a hell of a run to get back, and their form/spirit seems to change every week

51 LIV
49 ARS
46 MNC** AST
44 TOT
38 MNU
36 WHU
35 BRI
33 NEW
I’m not sure it’s too much of a stretch to imagine us or Villa losing a couple on the bounce as United win two in a row.

Indeed, but Utd have been up and down every week, it would be a huge turnaround to be up up up up up...
Won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 in all competitions. In the PL, won their last 2 on the bounce and drew with us before that.

I’m a bit worried they may be turning a corner. Could do with them losing their next league game.

Won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 in all competitions. In the PL, won their last 2 on the bounce and drew with us before that.

I’m a bit worried they may be turning a corner. Could do with them losing their next league game.

We just need to get our act together. What other teams do is up to them. We'll see where everyone ends up.

We just need to get better at putting teams away. Scoring goals doesn’t appear to be an issue for us, it’s the other end. Conceded nearly 40 goals already. Teams that win the league shouldn’t concede more than 25-30 goals in a season so talk of winning the league was fanciful.

Unfortunately MNU's luck shows no sign of changing. Luton literally gifted them a goal in the first minute, then a crap shot that was going wide, hit Hojlund in the chest and deflected in. SO lucky. Then they clung on for dear life in a basketball match.

So here we are after game 25

Obviously the top 3 is clear as day, with AST TOT MNU fighting for 4th and 5th

57LIV
56MNC
55ARS
49AST
47TOT
44MNU
38BRI
37NEW
36WHU
35CHE WOL

So annoying that Freiburg made it through in EL with a last minute goal to send the game to OT. And they won it in OT, which is an extra point for Germany. At least Frankfurt is out. England has been either the top ranked or second ranked country in the previous 4 years, but now that we need a good coefficient we're sitting 3rd. Arsenal better go through and the other English teams need to step up too.

Right now here's where things stand with regard to getting that 5th CL spot. 2023-24 is the only coefficient that matters.

1708641242345.png

If CL qualification comes down to hoping that L'arse do well in the competition to get in riding their coattails, I'm absolutely not that fudging bothered. I've said it elsewhere but if we cann't finish 4th or above in a season without any European football to use as an excuse we're probably not ready to make waves in the CL anyways.

If CL qualification comes down to hoping that L'arse do well in the competition to get in riding their coattails, I'm absolutely not that fudging bothered. I've said it elsewhere but if we cann't finish 4th or above in a season without any European football to use as an excuse we're probably not ready to make waves in the CL anyways.
Only difference being we'd be playing the CL the following year. By which time we might be significantly better, or perhaps significantly worse.

12 games to go 5 at home 7 away

When you look at our remaining fixtures I think finishing 4th is too much to ask, certainly based on recent form

Out of the 7 away we have Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool which will all be tough, then throw in Chelsea and West Ham which are tougher for us than other teams that go there as we appear to be their annual Cup finals

Amongst the home quintet of matches we entertain Arsenal and City

Thats 7 of the 12 where I can see us struggling to secure 3pts (across the 7 let alone in just one game). Which then puts massive pressure on the other 5 games to get maximum points

The 10pts buffer to the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton and Wolves should mean some form of European footballl next season. Hopefully, the morale-boost of another comeback win yesterday might see us 'kick-on' during the run-in, but it seems we still cannot fully take advanatge of no europe this season as we still keep picking up injuries on a weekly basis, as though the players are taking it in turn to pick up a niggle keeping them out for 2-3 games at a time

When you look at our remaining fixtures I think finishing 4th is too much to ask, certainly based on recent form

Out of the 7 away we have Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool which will all be tough, then throw in Chelsea and West Ham which are tougher for us than other teams that go there as we appear to be their annual Cup finals

Thats 7 of the 12 where I can see us struggling to secure 3pts (across the 7 let alone in just one game). Which then puts massive pressure on the other 5 games to get maximum points

The 10pts buffer to the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton and Wolves should mean some form of European footballl next season. Hopefully, the morale-boost of another comeback win yesterday might see us 'kick-on' during the run-in, but it seems we still cannot fully take advanatge of no europe this season as we still keep picking up injuries on a weekly basis, as though the players are taking it in turn to pick up a niggle keeping them out for 2-3 games at a time
Tough set of fixtures for sure, but we’re not going to be the only ones with a tough run. I just looked at Villa’s run in and it’s every bit as difficult for example, plus Europe.

Sunday is huge.

Hopefully they are little (or a lot) fatigued after their trip to Amsterdam on Thursday night. We need to do our bit next weekend, because something tells me we wont get any favours off West ham the week after

Tough set of fixtures for sure, but also fewer teams that will sit back. Which in theory should suit us better, despite higher quality opposition.

Hopefully they are little (or a lot) fatigued after their trip to Amsterdam on Thursday night. We need to do our bit next weekend, because something tells me we wont get any favours off West ham the week after

If we are on our game we can win. Just need to be on it.

Is porro expected to be back?

If we are on our game we can win. Just need to be on it.

Is porro expected to be back?

Commentators yesterday seemed to think he would be available for next sunday, which would be a nice boost. I would be tempted to start Sarr over Bentancur and I think Johnson has earned a start over Kulusevski

Not an easy run in. Definitely gonna have to pick up some points at some difficult grounds. Can’t complain too much though as we don’t have European football to deal with.

If we can get back to form we're very capable of getting fourth. Second half against Palace was our best half of football in some time imo. Hopefully we'll be able to build on that.

Aim should be fourth I guess. But for me the aim should mostly be to get to the best form and performances possible and see how far that takes us.

Back