• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Thought he had a nice little cameo for us yesterday, but I'm starting to doubt he'll ever be anything more than a sub for us. Love how he just runs at defenders, but he seems so brittle as well. Did well yesterday though.

Thought he had a nice little cameo for us yesterday, but I'm starting to doubt he'll ever be anything more than a sub for us. Love how he just runs at defenders, but he seems so brittle as well. Did well yesterday though.

There is a player there (with all the issues) and he helps our system (tempo matters, press/energy)

I suspect like PEH, he's just a player who can start elsewhere (Europe for him), I'm sure Ange doesn't mind him around, question is do we come to a decision that's best for his career?

Love his energy and intent. But he seems to be one of those players for whom great things always nearly come off, but rarely actually do. He wasn’t cheap, so I keep hoping he’ll take a step up. But I just don’t think he’s going to.

I suspect he’ll leave in the summer and we’ll bring in another wide player this window or next. Would love him to prove me wrong though.

Love his energy and intent. But he seems to be one of those players for whom great things always nearly come off, but rarely actually do. He wasn’t cheap, so I keep hoping he’ll take a step up. But I just don’t think he’s going to.

I suspect he’ll leave in the summer and we’ll bring in another wide player this window or next. Would love him to prove me wrong though.

He can't develop playing 15 mins here and there, we either need to get him a real loan or sell him

In my opinion, there is not a lot of talent difference between him and Johnson, and I'd argue while Johnson probably has the edge physically, Gil has the edge mentally, same age, so what's the difference?

- Johnson has played seasons with 40, 46 & 38 appearances and has 14 already this season with lots of those starts
- Gil? 23, 28 & 17 despite starting at pro level a season earlier, only 8 this season (2 starts?)

Sad but i don't see him making it with us. Hopefully it comes off.

Better for both parties, Werner means he will see even less play time

Still a player in there, and he gives his all, will wish him well if he moves on

Solomon is a direct runner with the ball - I'd say Gil is a "go back and skin him one more time" type.

The sort that drives forwards mad and will result in Werner being offside 1000 times a game.
Think Solomon is better suited to our system. At his best he's a really good player, but even before stepping up a level to us his consistency wasn't exactly a strong point for him.

Still very early for Solomon here, will be interesting to see how he does when fit again.

Gil to me would seem more suited to the Maddison role than a wide role, but not really that well suited to that role either and we have quite a few options there now when Maddison is back.

Probably best if he finds a new club, for his sake as much as ours.

Apparently he isn't pushing to leave this window now and wants to stay and fight for his place under Ange

Back