• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He is a good footballer, technical ability is there, his first touch is amazing

I don't agree (said it before) that he needs weight/bulking up, he needs game time, I used the comparison to Johnson (same age), I think Gil has talent and mentality levels above Johnson, Johnson has pace and physicality above Gil. Big difference? Johnson has 3 seasons with more games than Gil's best season (and Johnson has a lot of developing still to do).

I think Gil at his best does work for us, he is high energy, he does press, he can float positionally, he's always open for a pass. The problem is he isn't going to get enough game time to develop to that player with us.

Agree with the best for everyone summary, I suspect at 27/28, he will smash it up in Europe ...
Could be. I agree that he has a lot of talent. I agree that he would have benefited from regular games. But like you I don't see that happening now for us. And part of that now imo is that he's not a great fit for the wide attacking roles imo.

Ange has shown a trust in younger players we haven't seen since Pochettino. But we haven't really seen that trust in Gil. And we rather quickly in January signed a more experienced and higher profile option for the roles he has featured in. And immediately chucked him in ahead of Gil.

I think that's because Snge too doesn't see Gil as a great fit, despite his talent.

Bryan will tick all the boxes Ange requires bar one...and it's the obvious one of physical strength.

And there is only so much Ange and his team can do about that.

Because of that I think Bryan could be more suited to a central role but I don't think that opportunity is going to come his way with this team.

It's a shame he doesn't play for a 'lesser' country as he may get an opportunity in that role for them.

Waive the loan fee (in exchange for first refusal on Ferguson)

Yer but he is the next silva that we need to build the team around ...

fudge spurs this would never have happened if Mason was in charge ... while supporting Chelsea under pochettino

With Mitoma injured (and away with Japan in case he recovers before the tournament is over), they've needed someone all month really. Seems there are some fresh rumours that Arsenal want him (Mitoma) in the summer. Brighton might get more interested then.

It's not for lack of trying on Gill's part and I do think he's looked decent enough at times, unlucky to have not got the odd goal / assist.

It's a cliche which Modric proved wrong but probably as the exception, it's a real tough league to be so slight of build in. Another player springs to mind who was at Modric levels whilst only being a little fella was David Silva. The point being that you have to be a very special player to not let a diminutive stature hinder you imo. Zola another player who comes to mind...

I bet Bryan will look great once he gets a permanent move back to Spain. If he did indeed turn loans down to have a crack at it here then fair enough, but he isn't getting in the team ahead of Werner / Johnson. It's only going to be in a real injury crisis where he'll get a chance.

It probably didn't change anything but it seemed a lot of money alongside a fan favourite for the transfer, maybe he'd have done better if Nuno had stayed longer but he's the opposite of a Conte archetype player. If / when he gets his move I'll wish him the absolute best, a fit Solomon will replace the impact that Gill has squad wise, so the funds can go where they're needed.

It's not for lack of trying on Gill's part and I do think he's looked decent enough at times, unlucky to have not got the odd goal / assist.

It's a cliche which Modric proved wrong but probably as the exception, it's a real tough league to be so slight of build in. Another player springs to mind who was at Modric levels whilst only being a little fella was David Silva. The point being that you have to be a very special player to not let a diminutive stature hinder you imo. Zola another player who comes to mind...

I bet Bryan will look great once he gets a permanent move back to Spain. If he did indeed turn loans down to have a crack at it here then fair enough, but he isn't getting in the team ahead of Werner / Johnson. It's only going to be in a real injury crisis where he'll get a chance.

It probably didn't change anything but it seemed a lot of money alongside a fan favourite for the transfer, maybe he'd have done better if Nuno had stayed longer but he's the opposite of a Conte archetype player. If / when he gets his move I'll wish him the absolute best, a fit Solomon will replace the impact that Gill has squad wise, so the funds can go where they're needed.

IMO it’s a bit of a myth that Modric was slight. Short, maybe. But look at these legs:

1712608237945.jpeg

I think Gil is unusually lightweight.

Better for him to move on, I think he will do well in less physical leagues

Always felt there was a player there, just never happened. Probably the second worst financial deal we have ever done behind Ndombele

The only one that Paratici has got badly wrong.

I'd be more tempted to let him go to Spain on a free transfer but with a 50% sell on fee, as there is a bit of a chance that he does OK back in the far less physical Spanish league and gets a reasonable sized transfer in a few years' time.

The only one that Paratici has got badly wrong.

I'd be more tempted to let him go to Spain on a free transfer but with a 50% sell on fee, as there is a bit of a chance that he does OK back in the far less physical Spanish league and gets a reasonable sized transfer in a few years' time.
Not sure who would ever pay a big enough fee to warrant that gamble

Back