• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

With Gil now looking like taking the Lucas role in future, still think we need a disrupters style centre forward to play with / instead of Kane. Someone good in the air and can hold the ball up. E.g. A Toney, a Mitrovic or ( younger version) of that WetSpam battering ram in order to complete our forward selection of 6.

I think Richy looks more comfy in that role than wide TBH

I think Richy looks more comfy in that role than wide TBH
Agreed
And he is a thug when he wants to be
But then we would lose cover for son
i suggested sarr again last night and thinking about have Richarlisons role, sarr IMO goes up a notch as an option as he can play left or right. Don’t see it happening though as we don’t buy from the championship and he will end up at someone like Leicester and then get brought by pool when he is 28

Did anyone else notice the key difference in our forward play between the first and second halves? In the first half , the forwards seemed chained to their starting positions - Son on the left, Gil on the right, Kane central and up top. In the second half they swapped and interchanges so much better and we looked much more fluid as a result.

Would love to see heat maps of each player for both halves to prove my point.

Getting a lot of hype for a good 20 minutes football. I think we need to chill out a little, we big these players up so high that when they do badly the fall hurts a lot.

Getting a lot of hype for a good 20 minutes football. I think we need to chill out a little, we big these players up so high that when they do badly the fall hurts a lot.

Not sure, we brick on the players/coach/club a lot. Gil has a lot of promise, always has, he needed to show it more in a game that matters, he did.

His only real flaw is a physical attribute that with time he will learn how to compensate for. This is the kind of player (along with Sarr) that when they emerge at other clubs our fans complain "how come we don't find these kind of players". We need to give him time, need to understand that he will have the occasional bad game but his ceiling is high and he is a different type of player, something we need.

Thought he was dreadful in the first half, looked a boy playing a man’s game. Some good moments in the second half though.

That was my impression as well last night. First half headless chicken, second suddenly all the deft footwork was paying off and he was finding space, rather than running into the first Palace player. Really want him to do well.

I thought we moved the ball quicker last night but it wasnt coming off in first half, in the second our forwards were swapping around more with confidence and the passing improved because of that.

Did anyone else notice the key difference in our forward play between the first and second halves? In the first half , the forwards seemed chained to their starting positions - Son on the left, Gil on the right, Kane central and up top. In the second half they swapped and interchanges so much better and we looked much more fluid as a result.

Would love to see heat maps of each player for both halves to prove my point.

Confidence instead of playing within themselves. Game opening up as for the first time in ages we were in a situation where the opposition couldn't focus mainly on defending.

Gil contributed to this too. He does a bit of what Kulusevski does. Combining play, getting out of tight areas, making himself available. Makes a big difference imo.

why so difficult for a pro sportsperson to put on some bulk?

I don't think adding bulk is difficult. Adding bulk without a negative impact on stamina, acceleration, speed, agility, technique is more difficult and usually takes time I think.

Defo need another forward/attacking player but we're kind of at that awkward juncture where we only need one (lets say Gil gets his chance from here) so we need to be buying the right player - that may mean we need to wait till summer for priority targets. Would like a loan in if possible but not expecting too much

I agree on needing one more attacking player. As always getting the right player is off utmost importance.

If Gil gets and continues to take his chances now we have 5 forwards with a decent balance imo (ignoring Lucas because Lucas). Range of ages, range of qualities, range of experience. Richarlison will hopefully have his 5 best years ahead of him. Both Kulusevski and Gil are young players.

I don't think we need to be getting the right player for the future at this point. Someone who can do a job right now if Gil takes time, if injury problems persist.

He's definitely had moments apart from those 20 minutes. Including the rest of the game he played against Palace.

He's a very talented player now starting to use that talent to good effect in the Premier League. I think some hype is warranted. Then time will tell how he develops from here.

He does a bit of what Kulusevski does. Combining play, getting out of tight areas, making himself available. Makes a big difference imo.

Yes, and in the absence of an out and out playmaker, we need a number of players who can move the ball quickly. Kulu (or Gil as stand-in), Bentancur, Perisic and Kane are all good in this regard. Even Doherty plays a lot of 1-2s. Would certainly help a lot if Gil develops as a viable alternative off the bench of cover for Kulu

Our problem comes more when we have, say, Royal and Sess as wingbacks, Bisouma/PEH as the CM combo etc

I don't think it was a good 20 mins, he was one of our better players in the first half. Others around him were blunting him, as often happens with kane. Once others were doing their jobs properly it clicked.
First half only gil, perisic and probably Lloris looked anything like the players they can be.
Once the first goal went in everything became easy.

Playing 2 games in 4 days and making meaningful contributions should make his physical condition and confidence the world of good. Feeling part of the team rather than a bit player helps everyone in life.
It's only the physicalness of the league he needs to get used to....his fitness is second to none in this team.

And thinking about it, CL is less physical, so more ready for that at the very least.

'Born to play football'

Couldn't agree more AC....dragged in from the street every night by his Mum after endlessly calling him to come in....that's Bryan for sure.

With Gil now looking like taking the Lucas role in future, still think we need a disrupters style centre forward to play with / instead of Kane. Someone good in the air and can hold the ball up. E.g. A Toney, a Mitrovic or ( younger version) of that WetSpam battering ram in order to complete our forward selection of 6.
Richarlison might be that guy. He's certainly physical.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Maybe rather than telling everyone to chill out a bit you could spend some time thinking before you post, just a suggestion but carry on as you are if it pleases you.

The kid's looked lively and energetic in all of his appearances, how he didn't have a couple of assists in the CL is beyond me and he hasn't got a lot of decisions in his favour from the ref (imo because of his stature). Gill is a promising talent and it's nice to see him get back to back starts and prove he is an option, which is invaluable as Kulu is going through injuries.

If you see posters going overboard with high hopes feel free to quote them and open a conversation but fighting against a general positive vibe around our players (especially young ones looking to settling in) is a pretty fudging stupid position to take, and that is putting it mildly.

Loved seeing him get an assist in the PL, it was always coming - Next up to bang in a worldy from the outside of the box but hope that thought doesn't upset @Yiddo 's yearning for pessimism too much.

Last edited:
Back