• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Would prefer a loan in isolation talking about him, because I think he has real quality and potential.

But a loan wouldn't bring in a lot of money to buy a replacement. Perhaps better if we can do a sale and get in a suitable replacement/upgrade?
Think if Gil leaves permanently and we get in a permanent replacement this will signify a likelihood of Conte straying beyond the summer along with the acquisition of Porro. Getting rid of a young prospect I don’t think would be ratified if we were unsure on Conte, but if he is staying this would look to me as if we are completely backing him getting rid of someone who he clearly doesn’t really believe in and replace with someone he wants say Zaniolo who he has been interested in for a while….

In the summer Conte was adamant that if one went, one had to come in.

Now unless we are hopeful Lucas can be reliable, Danjuma is in to take his place.

So Gil stays unless he's being replaced going by past Conte comments?

Would be dangerous going into the second half of the season with Kulusevski as our only real creative player/someone able to break down deep-set defences.

I will be very disappointed if we let Gil leave permanently.
I would be delighted if we could get back close to half of the fee we purchased him for. He has no stand out attributes that indicate to me that he’ll make it in the PL, even for a team with lower aspirations than our top 6 ones.

I would be delighted if we could get back close to half of the fee we purchased him for. He has no stand out attributes that indicate to me that he’ll make it in the PL, even for a team with lower aspirations than our top 6 ones.
I think he has bags of potential and would thrive in/with a settled midfield with a creative distributor. If he's not worth keeping (dependant on wages) while the likes of [several names] are, well, then I humbly disagree. To me he's very technically gifted, is great in close spaces and has good vision, and that he has most if not all the attributes needed to be a Cruijff-type player (first I could think of).

I think he has bags of potential and would thrive in/with a settled midfield with a creative distributor. If he's not worth keeping (dependant on wages) while the likes of [several names] are, well, then I humbly disagree. To me he's very technically gifted, is great in close spaces and has good vision, and that he has most if not all the attributes needed to be a Cruijff-type player (first I could think of).
If you have him and a “distributor” that’s two players who aren’t scoring goals in the attacking side of the team

Lamela was always massively over-rated on here IMO

Worked his nuts off, but end product and impact was massively lacking
For the record, I liked Lamela even though I thought he was next-level ineffective, usually dribbling himself into trouble because apparently he lacked awareness and vision. But I remember him as direct and someone who tried to make things happen. I think we need someone with his positive qualities or at least what I wanted Lamela to be, a wing-to-infield facilitator of sorts, and from what I've seen Gil is already a better Lamela than Lamela ever was. Gil is also direct, has good vision and is a much better dribbler in cramped spaces. For the moment Kulusevski is a shoe-in, but if Son's form hasn't turned for the better tonight I'd swap him for Gil for a period of time, or at least rotate them more.

Lamela was always massively over-rated on here IMO

Worked his nuts off, but end product and impact was massively lacking

There is one of Spurs media teams videos, might be Harry's first 100 goals or something like that.

You will be very surprised how many Lamela was involved in, either pass before assist, pulling the defender, or on the follow up just in case Kane didn't finish.

Very good player, just made of glass and not managed correctly.

I really hope that we don’t sell him. To me he’s a good young player that needs to work to get to the next level but is capable of doing that. He has shown enough in his cameos for me to know that I want him to stay and be involved within the squad.

Back