• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bring on any team

Think berbatov was our best striker since Klinsmann, i know the i a lot of hate for him these days but honestly he was amazing for us jut a shame how he left.

I agree that Berbatov was amazing for us but I just think that Soldado will prove to be a better finisher and score more goals.

Think berbatov was our best striker since Klinsmann, i know the i a lot of hate for him these days but honestly he was amazing for us jut a shame how he left.

For me to be confident of beating anyone i think we need a playmaker or at least give carroll more of a chance because i think like townsend he can hold his own. But more importantly i think we need a better strike option from the bench.

I would agree that Berbatov was our best striker since Klinsmann and was a better striker than Soldado has proven to be...so far.

I think the perspective is provided by what people could see last season.

In many ways we looked more impressive against good sides than against average to poor sides last season. We weren't great when we had to dominate games and looked better when we could attack on the break instead of having to break down bus parking sides ourselves whilst defending against counter attacks.

I think, like most here I believe, that the additions we've made so far will make us even better against the better sides. Paulinho, Capoue and Soldado will all thrive in those big games I think and I imagine we will continue putting in impressive performances against good sides.

The positive thing is that even without Bale or his replacement and very early in the season with 3-4 new players involved in games we look considerably better against the bus parking sides too. At least in my opinion.

Yes, getting penalties is perhaps a bit lucky or random events that will happen sometimes, but I also think that the penalties we've gotten have been partly because we've been better at getting our dangerous players on the ball in the box than last season. In a way that illustrates the progress being made that makes people positive - in context.

have we played one of those yet? if palace was one of those bus parking sides they too were a team we failed to really make a significant impression on before we went ahead. although we did manage to get behind them thanks to lennon...we werent incisive enough and we lacked real clear direction how to get beyond them frequently.

i think it all boils down to ability of the players. it isnt anyones fault, we just lack the players and the chemistry to frequently penetrate teams IMO. or at least even to frequently show a threatening posture in the final third

swansea definately arent a park the bus team...and something weird about that game was how swansea managed to find space to pass and move even though we were allegedly pressing. this is why i am interested in the arsenal game ...i want to see if we can dominate possesion and suffocate them and stop them from showing threatening posture against us

have we played one of those yet? if palace was one of those bus parking sides they too were a team we failed to really make a significant impression on before we went ahead. although we did manage to get behind them thanks to lennon...we werent incisive enough and we lacked real clear direction how to get beyond them frequently.

i think it all boils down to ability of the players. it isnt anyones fault, we just lack the players and the chemistry to frequently penetrate teams IMO. or at least even to frequently show a threatening posture in the final third

swansea definately arent a park the bus team...and something weird about that game was how swansea managed to find space to pass and move even though we were allegedly pressing. this is why i am interested in the arsenal game ...i want to see if we can dominate possesion and suffocate them and stop them from showing threatening posture against us

I think Swansea was one of those teams yes. Perhaps most clearly illustrated by how much the game changed after we went ahead and they had to change their tactics. Yes they were able to pass through some of our pressure, they're among the best (and bravest) in the league at doing just that, but they can still park the bus as an overall tactic. We had a solid dominance on possession up until the goal, showing just how different from their normal style they played until the goal.

Yes we didn't create a lot of clear cut chances against Palace, but I thought we were about at the same level or slightly better than similar games last season.

Certainly there are potential signings we can make that will make us stronger in that regard.

I think Swansea was one of those teams yes. Perhaps most clearly illustrated by how much the game changed after we went ahead and they had to change their tactics. Yes they were able to pass through some of our pressure, they're among the best (and bravest) in the league at doing just that, but they can still park the bus as an overall tactic. We had a solid dominance on possession up until the goal, showing just how different from their normal style they played until the goal.

Yes we didn't create a lot of clear cut chances against Palace, but I thought we were about at the same level or slightly better than similar games last season.

Certainly there are potential signings we can make that will make us stronger in that regard.

I think the only thing i disagree with in that post is that swansea parked the bus. not a chance IMV. i do think that we did a decent job wrestling then into keeping the ball in non troubling areas but park the bus? thats not what i call park the bus at all...i think we will see that more against non footballing teams at our home ground.

definately dont count swansea as a park the bus team and i didnt see that yesterday either

I think the only thing i disagree with in that post is that swansea parked the bus. not a chance IMV. i do think that we did a decent job wrestling then into keeping the ball in non troubling areas but park the bus? thats not what i call park the bus at all...i think we will see that more against non footballing teams at our home ground.

definately dont count swansea as a park the bus team and i didnt see that yesterday either

For me parking a bus means essentially two things: Don't commit many players forward when attacking to minimize the chance of getting counter attacked against. When defending get 9-10 outfield players back inside your own half and allow the opponents to keep the ball in their own half.

I haven't been this happy with a Spurs team in a long long time.

Not only do we have a goalscorer up top, we have a dominating midfield stacked with talent of all varities and we actually look solid defensively, whenever a team is on the break I have no fear. Sure, we've only played Palace, Tbilsi and Swansea and we should get a test at the weekend against Arsenal but I am quietly confident we may be able to get something from that game.

I was VERY happy with the Swansea game.

For me parking a bus means essentially two things: Don't commit many players forward when attacking to minimize the chance of getting counter attacked against. When defending get 9-10 outfield players back inside your own half and allow the opponents to keep the ball in their own half.

Swansea can definitely count as a park the bus team IMO. Especially under Laudrup. They will always be good passers but under Laudrup they are a lot more willing to defend deep and cede possession. Under Rodgers they would come to play at any ground but under Laudrup they adapt a bit more.

So yeah, the fact that we can control the game against them and penetrate, it was a very good sign for the season to come.

I don't really feel that confident in our goalscoring, I don' think we create enough clear cut chances for Soldado to latch on to. £26 mil for a striker who can score, but who is very reliant on service is a big gamble. His movement is excellent but he's not that big and not that quick so we need to make sure that we put chances on a plate for him, as it will be hard for him to fashion his own ones.

I don't really feel that confident in our goalscoring, I don' think we create enough clear cut chances for Soldado to latch on to. £26 mil for a striker who can score, but who is very reliant on service is a big gamble. His movement is excellent but he's not that big and not that quick so we need to make sure that we put chances on a plate for him, as it will be hard for him to fashion his own ones.

We created chances against Swansea, we just couldn't score.

Paulinho should have scored a hattrick. First with Williams blocking it on the line, the volley he kicked into the ground and the one at the end although that was pretty tricky. We also had a penalty decision turned down. Dembele had his effort well saved by Vorm. Townsend had a great shot from the edge of the box.

each to his own i guess. i've seen bus parkers and that doesnt qualify, otherwise under harry we parked the bus ALOT away from home.

what swansea did to me was set up a counter attacking style. allowed a decent home team to come on top of them and hit on the counter. that was not bus parking

when i see one of those i'll be sure to think of you.

infact i suspect we will see that against stoke when they come to us

Still a week to go. Who knows what Levy has got up his sleeve?

added to calling lennon gervinho

some well placed reverse pyschology only arsenal fans would do

confirming transfers after the humiliation of the willian situation.

and i am sure others have stuff in their memory

Definitely hope we sign a proper No 10 Mata type playmaker before the window closes to feed the ball to Soldado... Against Swansea he didn't have a single shot on or off target from open play despite us dominating for most of the game.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...er-stats/17926/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Back