• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bring on any team

Calm it down people (rich coming from me I know)

We are a heavy NLD defeat away from doom & gloom amongst some.

I am really pleased with how we are shaping up and maximum points but its early days and all Spurs fans should realise the danger of mouthing off too soon.

oooooo im becoming quite the killjoy.

I pray we can keep our winning streak going. COYS!

Oh yes, would be very nice to go into the International break UNDEFEATED. Fingers crossed, wood touched. [-o<

I know this started as a tongue in cheek thread (didn't it?), but I'm seriously surprised by the levels of positivity coming from some of you??!!
I see us as having s****ed 6pts with two pen decisions that could've easily not been given. We failed to kill both teams off and aside from a **** poor Georgian outfit, have created very few clear cut chances for our striker.
Our full backs gave ball away cheaply today, and our midfield trio, whilst promising, have appeared to get in each others way a lot so far!
Oh and Dembele is NOT a number 10-role player.

I know we need time to gel, but I fear if we play the way we have so far in prem games next Sun, we'll get brought back down to earth very very quickly and painfully!!!

The positive for me is that having not been that amazing, we have somehow earnt maximum points. A bonus, but nothing else.

Nope, this didn't start as a tongue in cheek thread. I just have full belief in our players, management and staff here and think they can achieve great things together.

I appreciate the idea of not getting carried away, after all I encourage others not to get too carried away...but... We are in the best shape that we have been for a long time.

I know the team is still evolving so of course there will be weaknesses but which top team does not have weakness? Emirates Marketing Project lost against Cardiff today, Barcelona struggled to play against a hard working Atletico Madrid.

In our games, we have deserved to have won by more goals. We have attacked well, albeit sometimes the incisive pass hasn't been there, but we have forced saves from the keeper and hit the frame of the goal.

I guess the Acid test will start with the London derby next Sunday and from there, we'll know just how good this team is.

Last season I could see us losing at the Emirates. I predicted that we would lose 5-1, I could tell that things weren't right. Yet, this season, I think it will be a tight battle. I can't assume we will win, derby games are always a bit different, but I know we have a good chance of taking the points and we will put in a good account of ourselves whatever happens.

I can't wait for next weekend to come around!

I know this started as a tongue in cheek thread (didn't it?), but I'm seriously surprised by the levels of positivity coming from some of you??!!
I see us as having s****ed 6pts with two pen decisions that could've easily not been given. We failed to kill both teams off and aside from a **** poor Georgian outfit, have created very few clear cut chances for our striker.
Our full backs gave ball away cheaply today, and our midfield trio, whilst promising, have appeared to get in each others way a lot so far!
Oh and Dembele is NOT a number 10-role player.

I know we need time to gel, but I fear if we play the way we have so far in prem games next Sun, we'll get brought back down to earth very very quickly and painfully!!!

The positive for me is that having not been that amazing, we have somehow earnt maximum points. A bonus, but nothing else.

I really like how specific these complaints can get...

People complained about a lack of clear cut chances before the penalty against Palace, I could agree up to a point. Against Swansea we could have been two or three goals up at half time quite easily, then the complaint changes to us not creating clear cut chances for our striker...

Dembele did not play a number 10 position. It was a 4-3-3.

Somehow? Perhaps by being the best team on the pitch in both games and by creating considerably more than our opponents?

have to give it to the WHL supporters to give a good welcome to our new players.

can't wait for the 3rd sept and to nail down the final team, and where we stand amongst the challengers.

that said it could be a very frantic last week and who knows what kind of offers may come our way (buying AND selling).

I agree we look really strong at the moment, but I wonder how we'll fare in games where the opposition just sit back all the time. The two areas I feel that need real work are set pieces and delivery from our full backs Set pieces should be crucial with the power and height we have now and we should really exploit this.

Calm it down people (rich coming from me I know)

We are a heavy NLD defeat away from doom & gloom amongst some.

I am really pleased with how we are shaping up and maximum points but its early days and all Spurs fans should realise the danger of mouthing off too soon.

oooooo im becoming quite the killjoy.

I pray we can keep our winning streak going. COYS!

I could see us losing by a goal, but no way IMO will we see another 5-2 showing. Our midfield will just not let that happen.

a bit of perspective is needed though

we have just played crystal palace and swansea......and another low level continental team. And in both games we show a lack of creative know how in the final third. we are resolute and sometimes very tidy in knocking the ball around though. but i personally am not getting carried away just yet

actually lets come back to this thread after the NLD. i wouldnt mind seeing what people have to say then

a bit of perspective is needed though

we have just played crystal palace and swansea......and another low level continental team. And in both games we show a lack of creative know how in the final third. we are resolute and sometimes very tidy in knocking the ball around though. but i personally am not getting carried away just yet

actually lets come back to this thread after the NLD. i wouldnt mind seeing what people have to say then

I think the perspective is provided by what people could see last season.

In many ways we looked more impressive against good sides than against average to poor sides last season. We weren't great when we had to dominate games and looked better when we could attack on the break instead of having to break down bus parking sides ourselves whilst defending against counter attacks.

I think, like most here I believe, that the additions we've made so far will make us even better against the better sides. Paulinho, Capoue and Soldado will all thrive in those big games I think and I imagine we will continue putting in impressive performances against good sides.

The positive thing is that even without Bale or his replacement and very early in the season with 3-4 new players involved in games we look considerably better against the bus parking sides too. At least in my opinion.

Yes, getting penalties is perhaps a bit lucky or random events that will happen sometimes, but I also think that the penalties we've gotten have been partly because we've been better at getting our dangerous players on the ball in the box than last season. In a way that illustrates the progress being made that makes people positive - in context.

I think we are generally improved at regaining possession too. The way that Paulinho, Dembele and Capoue were hounding down the opposition yesterday was a good example of how our defending has improved. We will concede 10+ goals less in the league than we did last season. I know that's a big number but I think it's achievable.

14 teams finished below Liverpool last season. Beat those home and away and you will have 84 points. Under Ferguson, title winning Utd teams always put away the minnows. They were simply too strong. Now while I would admit that we have not been free flowing and full of goals thus far, we have been strong. Very strong. Winning the league is not about being better than your immediate rivals, it is about winning against teams you should beat when you are expected to win anyway.

14 teams finished below Liverpool last season. Beat those home and away and you will have 84 points. Under Ferguson, title winning Utd teams always put away the minnows. They were simply too strong. Now while I would admit that we have not been free flowing and full of goals thus far, we have been strong. Very strong. Winning the league is not about being better than your immediate rivals, it is about winning against teams you should beat when you are expected to win anyway.

True. One season Man U managed 58 points out of 60 against those sides that finished bottom half of the table, needless to say they won the league that year.

Even without Bale this team looks far stronger than last season. Love the midfield trio of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho and in Soldado we have our best striker since Klinsmann. I agree that there are bigger tests to come but this is going to prove our best team for many seasons and to think that we may still bring in more players before the transfer deadline is unbelievable. We are probably now just 2 players away from a serious title challenge and those 2 players could be Lamela and Hulk.

Even without Bale this team looks far stronger than last season. Love the midfield trio of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho and in Soldado we have our best striker since Klinsmann. I agree that there are bigger tests to come but this is going to prove our best team for many seasons and to think that we may still bring in more players before the transfer deadline is unbelievable. We are probably now just 2 players away from a serious title challenge and those 2 players could be Lamela and Hulk.

Think berbatov was our best striker since Klinsmann, i know the i a lot of hate for him these days but honestly he was amazing for us jut a shame how he left.

For me to be confident of beating anyone i think we need a playmaker or at least give carroll more of a chance because i think like townsend he can hold his own. But more importantly i think we need a better strike option from the bench.

Back