• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

How long has he played with Madison so far? Half an hour? That's another avenue of interest to me, as our intricate work around the box featuring udogie and madders will have another element added to our forward play in that we will have genuine frightening pace to break through the lines. Son is quick, so is Kulu but Johnson is rapid....

We still haven't seen a single full game of Bissouma, Bentancur, Maddison, Johnson, Son, Kulu

The combination of ability in that midfield with that front three will be interesting

I saw a few people talk about one of our players not getting a win when starting.

Was it Johnson?

Played well on the right, took his player on and got the ball into the box

So unlucky not to score today
He looks more comfortable, and might integrate/settle in better down the right.

Of course, in theory it's Dekis position, so?

Better game, him being comfortable on right could solve a bit of problems, add flexibility for us.

Needs to work on his final ball/shot (will come with time)

I saw a few people talk about one of our players not getting a win when starting.

Was it Johnson?

Played well on the right, took his player on and got the ball into the box

So unlucky not to score today
Pretty sure it was Johnson who hadn't won a game as a starter until Sunday.
Once he starts playing regularly with Maddison I think we shall see even more end-product from him. Maddison's threat means there's likely to be a bit more space for Johnson to exploit as defenders are pulled in, and then Maddison's ability means a greater likelihood of Johnson being seen and found by a through ball.

His two shots against Saudi Sportswashing Machine were well executed, fine lines hitting the post twice.

Think he had 3 shots, one was more direct on, needed better power/placement.

It's fine lines but the system requires the wingers score regularly (8-10 a season), again, not bricking on the kid, because he's exactly that.

Looks really good when there's immediate space to be exploited and he can use his pace to good effect. Looks a bit lost, or just keeps it simple when facing the wrong way or there's no immediate space to be exploited.

Needs to find more consistency with his end product (still a very small sample so no real worries, has a good track record in that regard I think). To really step up he needs to find ways to be dangerous in various situations, when there isn't as much obvious space to attack.

Seems to be settling in nicely even though it's taking a little bit longer than it did for VdV and Udogie. And that's fine.

Looks really good when there's immediate space to be exploited and he can use his pace to good effect. Looks a bit lost, or just keeps it simple when facing the wrong way or there's no immediate space to be exploited.

Needs to find more consistency with his end product (still a very small sample so no real worries, has a good track record in that regard I think). To really step up he needs to find ways to be dangerous in various situations, when there isn't as much obvious space to attack.

Seems to be settling in nicely even though it's taking a little bit longer than it did for VdV and Udogie. And that's fine.

Being critical, it's the end product and being more consistently involved in games (he has quiet periods in games), think he has to work a bit harder

Our players always seem to do well when wearing masks.
Bunje being a notable exception after Hasselbaink elbowed him in the face.....

Back