• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I mentioned in the OMT that I feel he really needs to toughen up and show more. He backs out of any kind of 50/50 challenge and there were several times today his lack of effort broke down good attacking chances, and also turned the ball over allowing Everton to break.
He is clearly a bloody talent, but needs that little bit more.

I mentioned in the OMT that I feel he really needs to toughen up and show more. He backs out of any kind of 50/50 challenge and there were several times today his lack of effort broke down good attacking chances, and also turned the ball over allowing Everton to break.
Agreed, he's a bit too timid. Has some great attributes, but doesn't have that fight and bite to win at all costs.

I will cut him some slack today, not brilliant but a cracking assist. After the knock last week he probably was not 100%

I really like him but there were times today where he got bullied off the ball far too easily. He needs a bit more confidence but also needs a bit more toughness as well.

I really like him but there were times today where he got bullied off the ball far too easily. He needs a bit more confidence but also needs a bit more toughness as well.

It's a little more than that, my observation in a minute, I'm really on the fence on Johnson, he has moments, he finds himself in good positions but .. (and that could be just development time, hopefully)

But watching him yesterday, he's not brave, at 22, he's not willing to go for it, he's not willing to put his body into a 50/50 and that for me is pretty bad thing.

Now maybe he's just settling in, and maybe with the stiches he was a little tentative, but right now he's the obvious first team upgrade when everyone is fit.

It's a little more than that, my observation in a minute, I'm really on the fence on Johnson, he has moments, he finds himself in good positions but .. (and that could be just development time, hopefully)

But watching him yesterday, he's not brave, at 22, he's not willing to go for it, he's not willing to put his body into a 50/50 and that for me is pretty bad thing.

Now maybe he's just settling in, and maybe with the stiches he was a little tentative, but right now he's the obvious first team upgrade when everyone is fit.
When everyone is fit he's probably not even playing (almost certainly not on the right) that's Lulu's place and Ange has shown that he would rather play him there then anyone else. I truly Johnson was bought for his versatility but primarily to play on the left which is where he was starting when we had a fitter squad.

He gets more involved in the match and is a little more forceful on that side. He's still able to deliver quality balls from that side but he gets shots off.the left hand side is where is see him blossoming for us.

Just looks like a lad finding confidence and his place. Yeh he is slightly timid at the moment but you can see from both goals why Ange wanted him and what he brings. Like most new players it takes time to adapt. He will be brilliant for us, of that I'm sure

Looks great to me, settling in and getting better each game. Does lack a bit of confidence but he's stepped up from Nottingham Forest for 45m, quite a leap into a squad that's not settled itself. Top talent for me who can also play anywhere across the front 3.

When everyone is fit he's probably not even playing (almost certainly not on the right) that's Lulu's place and Ange has shown that he would rather play him there then anyone else. I truly Johnson was bought for his versatility but primarily to play on the left which is where he was starting when we had a fitter squad.

He gets more involved in the match and is a little more forceful on that side. He's still able to deliver quality balls from that side but he gets shots off.the left hand side is where is see him blossoming for us.
Lulu, that gave me a chuckle!

He has been brave
Hence the 16 stitches in his head
Yesterday he wasn’t because that may well be playing on his mind

He wouldn't be playing every game if we had another option, he's had to hit the ground running which is difficult for any transfer, even more so with a high profile one.

Back