• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I think he'll come good, but he appeared to hide a few times tonight.
Was occasions where Sarr had the ball looked right and came back inside. I wondered why and saw that Johnson had wandered infield jogging next to a defender.

Spot on. But for some, never let the reality of a situation get in the way of a knee jerk, emotional opinion.

true, but plenty of players have been in that position and showed up, Kane, Bale, Lennon, off the top of my head, you need to take the opportunity when it comes, it might not come around again

he wasn't some punt, we paid 50 odd million for him, he needs to show more

true, but plenty of players have been in that position and showed up, Kane, Bale, Lennon, off the top of my head, you need to take the opportunity when it comes, it might not come around again

Bad game today, but I think he’s been pretty good for the most part since joining. Don’t you then?

Said before that I like him. He gets into good positions but sometimes he makes the wrong choice (shoot or pass) - but he is not the only one that does that. It feels like he needs to grow in confidence. That will happen as long as his team mates trust in him.
I have noticed though that he does like a bit of Dele-like 'flick' from time to time. Did it last week early on against Everton, and Ange didn't look too impressed (well, he had his head hung down, which I interpreted as 'not happy'). And again tonight he did a back-flick that went straight to a Brighton player. I don't think he has the luxury to do that just yet.
Not good tonight, but then again, he wasn't on his own there.

He wouldn't be playing every game if we had another option, he's had to hit the ground running which is difficult for any transfer, even more so with a high profile one.

Yeah, hard to put too much fault at the door of our forwards given they're seemingly the only fit senior players in that area for what seems like an eternity

Plenty of players are not all players. Bale took AGES to come good. And Johnson's fee is current, at a time when prices are inflated from where they were before. When he came here he was not the finished article and is learning a new system.

A lot of the United team containing Beckham, Scholes etc were that age (or younger) when they won the league, if I recall it right? It’s not really an excuse.

That said, Johnson reminds me a lot of Bale; I think he’ll come good.
So do I - looks like he's lacking a bit in confidence and experience, plus he has been thrown into the deep end of a team trying to settle into a new style while ravaged by injuries.

I think once we settle more as a team (surely the injury/suspension list will normalise at some point), Johnson will come good.

A lot of the United team containing Beckham, Scholes etc were that age (or younger) when they won the league, if I recall it right? It’s not really an excuse.

That said, Johnson reminds me a lot of Bale; I think he’ll come good.
They were also playing in a team with other players of a consistent standard

It’s much harder coming into a team that changes every game by a couple of players

I don't see 'knee-jerk opinions'. The comments have a common theme that it's clear he has the goods, but just needs to offer a bit more at the moment.
I do. People calling him a coward and a bottle job because his levels are off, even when playing a few days after having his head sliced open.

Back