• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I've seen him have some excellent performances and I am excited about the signing but a little confused with the plan as Kulu seems to have the RW spot nailed down.

There presumably is a plan for him just being beyond back up for Deki as no doubt Johnson can play across the front line, not sure I want to see him central as he isn't exactly a tank but with tge right setup it could work. It probably does seem odd for Solomon and even Gill though as unless there's a deluge of injuries neither look like seeing much football given how few games we have this season.

Either way welcome to the club Brennan and I hope you smash it. It's not your baggage but it'd be lovely to have an "expensive" transfer go well.

I've seen him have some excellent performances and I am excited about the signing but a little confused with the plan as Kulu seems to have the RW spot nailed down.

There presumably is a plan for him just being beyond back up for Deki as no doubt Johnson can play across the front line, not sure I want to see him central as he isn't exactly a tank but with tge right setup it could work. It probably does seem odd for Solomon and even Gill though as unless there's a deluge of injuries neither look like seeing much football given how few games we have this season.

Either way welcome to the club Brennan and I hope you smash it. It's not your baggage but it'd be lovely to have an "expensive" transfer go well.

Perhaps it's that Kulu will cover Maddison too (as a better option than Lo Celso), as well as being first RWF? So between the 3 of them they cover ACM and RWF

Gives more of a chance for Son to play up top if Richarlison doesn't push on, I'd imagine.

This guy is a player Ange really wanted, a primary target. I don't think any of the current front 3 have their place 'locked down' really, none of them have been pulling up any trees. Johnson is versatile and can play anywhere in the forward line, I know what you mean about his physicality but he is capable of playing centrally especially as we tend to keep the ball on the ground more now.

Have followed this guy from his Championship days onwards and he is a very exciting prospect especially with the way Ange likes to play.

Personally I think he will spend the next couple of months being rotated from the bench, but by the end of the season he will be considered one of the starting XI. Who that will be in place of is the interesting question....

A few have said he will cover the front 3, but can he play as a striker?

Thought he would fight/cover for Son, Kulu and maybe Maddison

Whats that then?

"Whilst we’re obviously going to miss Brennan and the memories he’s given so many of us when he’s lit up the City Ground on the right wing, we’re extremely proud of him and we’re pleased that he’s got this move as he enters the next stage in his career.
Everyone knows how great he is on the pitch, but what many people don’t see is the kind, humble and genuine young man he is off it. He was always learning, always showed great humility and had a superb nature in the way he interacted with his teammates and staff."

Not the typical 'we wish him well' statement

"Whilst we’re obviously going to miss Brennan and the memories he’s given so many of us when he’s lit up the City Ground on the right wing, we’re extremely proud of him and we’re pleased that he’s got this move as he enters the next stage in his career.
Everyone knows how great he is on the pitch, but what many people don’t see is the kind, humble and genuine young man he is off it. He was always learning, always showed great humility and had a superb nature in the way he interacted with his teammates and staff."

Not the typical 'we wish him well' statement
Seems to be a trend in the players we’ve bought this summer, personality seems spot on. Vicario, Maddison, VdV now Johnson. All come across very well.

Back