• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

This is the main reason we are interested in him isn't it?
So we can unload some of our/ Levy's deadwood.
If that's the case , we are our purchasing a player for all the wrong reasons.
Can be the right reasons and some wring reasons in the mix.

If we get him then we sort out some problems in other areas - that's good.

The converse could and most likely happen given our track record.

We want to buy johnson in order to sell sanchez? Is that what you are suggesting?
Or a.nother and to help the HG quota.
Our Deadwood are at Forests level ( or worse).
Seems to be more about squad management than buying a player that will actually improve the first eleven.

Can be the right reasons and some wring reasons in the mix.

If we get him then we sort out some problems in other areas - that's good.

The converse could and most likely happen given our track record.
Precisely.
Could end up another misfit that we can't get rid of in two years time with Levy loathe to take a loan or a £30-40m loss.
Can't make any more mistakes trying to get us out of the big squad mess we are already in.

I mean , is Brennan Johnson any better than Cole Palmer ?
If not , then why aren't we in for Palmer ?
Maybe because City would laugh if we offered them any of our deadwood in p/x ?

Or a.nother and to help the HG quota.
Our Deadwood are at Forests level ( or worse).
Seems to be more about squad management than buying a player that will actually improve the first eleven.

Hg and a utility player that can play a couple of positions.

If you haven't read the thread i have said that i'm not sure it's the right move. But probably best if we don't reopen that can of worms.

Exactly why we are only in for certain players. Has to meet the criteria of cash + player.

So essentially means we’re only likely to get someone from a low(er) team.

Looking like the following boxes need to be ticked for a forward purchase before Friday.

HG
Lower team
Will take 1+ of our players as part of deal
Can play through middle
50m max

When you lay it all out you can see why we landed on Johnson and why the pool
Is quite small.

Exactly why we are only in for certain players. Has to meet the criteria of cash + player.

So essentially means we’re only likely to get someone from a low(er) team.

Looking like the following boxes need to be ticked for a forward purchase before Friday.

HG
Lower team
Will take 1+ of our players as part of deal
Can play through middle
50m max

When you lay it all out you can see why we landed on Johnson and why the pool
Is quite small.

Can't see us trying a swap deal on the last day of the window. Too many moving parts that can go wrong.

Hg and a utility player that can play a couple of positions.

If you haven't read the thread i have said that i'm not sure it's the right move. But probably best if we don't reopen that can of worms.
Only read bits and pieces. Just not sure we are doing it for the right reasons. We have lots of "ok" squad options. We need to improve the starting eleven up front , possibly RW and definitely another CD. Then those first teamers in those positions become good squad options.
Seems like Levy is trying to be too clever , trying to solve multiple issues ( HG, squad depth and outing the deadwood) but is the actual purchase going to improve the first eleven ?
Surely for that amount the purchase needs to instantly improve the first eleven.
Maybe he will. GHod knows. I think I will just let it ride now and let Levy do his thing.

Only read bits and pieces. Just not sure we are doing it for the right reasons. We have lots of "ok" squad options. We need to improve the starting eleven up front , possibly RW and definitely another CD. Then those first teamers in those positions become good squad options.
Seems like Levy is trying to be too clever , trying to solve multiple issues ( HG, squad depth and outing the deadwood) but is the actual purchase going to improve the first eleven ?
Surely for that amount the purchase needs to instantly improve the first eleven.
Maybe he will. GHod knows. I think I will just let it ride now and let Levy do his thing.

Levy aint going to drop £50m on a whim. Ange said in a previous presser that he has final say on transfers (to the extent of who comes in or leaves).

If we do go for johnson it will be because it's the type of player ange wants (pace, can press). But also fills a hg quota. Possibly we could also ofset the cost with outgoings.

As i said before if that's who they want, i will support him and hope he is amazing. Some pundits think he will be.

Levy aint going to drop £50m on a whim. Ange said in a previous presser that he has final say on transfers (to the extent of who comes in or leaves).

If we do go for johnson it will be because it's the type of player ange wants (pace, can press). But also fills a hg quota. Possibly we could also ofset the cost with outgoings.

As i said before if that's who they want, i will support him and hope he is amazing. Some pundits think he will be.
I'm not down on Johnson. I think he's a decent player.
Goes missing for spells but can be very effective as he is for Forest but in a counter attacking team that normally gets pummelled for large parts of the game.
Ange ball is supposed to press and scare the hell out of teams isn't it ?
What I've seen so far ( apart from the Brentford game who sat very deep and countered us) is ding dong , end to end games with no team in full control although we've had some semblance of control for the majority of the games.
Then it comes down to who is more clinical with their chances and who plays the better final pass.
Johnson may well give us that.
Tbh , I'm happy with anybody decent at this late stage.

Good question, Palmer looked good in the community shield and is pretty highly rated.

Palmer is outstanding
I can’t work out why we wouldn’t want him
Assume it’s £££

£40m fee and I'd assume City would prefer to sell him to us over Chelsea (that's me guessing) as Chelsea are probably more likely to challenge them for the title in the next few years.

£40m fee and I'd assume City would prefer to sell him to us over Chelsea (that's me guessing) as Chelsea are probably more likely to challenge them for the title in the next few years.
Lots of City fans think he's not going to be good enough for them, and that £40m for an unproven (and apparently quite lazy) player is daylight robbery

Back