• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Gotta love people writing players off after watching a game. A game where they scored twice in 4 minutes and then sat back until they had a man sent off and Johnson was taken off for a defender.

Gotta love people writing players off after watching a game. A game where they scored twice in 4 minutes and then sat back until they had a man sent off and Johnson was taken off for a defender.
Yeah
I mean who would trust ange ans be decisions now

Almost as bad as those who've only seen him a few times and wanting the club to pay £50m for him.

I do hope this is a feint to scare Ghent into reducing the price for Orban. Solomon looks excellent and he hasn't even got on the pitch yet. We still have Gil. We need another striker, not another winger.
Maybe we have already made a decision on gil

I do hope this is a feint to scare Ghent into reducing the price for Orban. Solomon looks excellent and he hasn't even got on the pitch yet. We still have Gil. We need another striker, not another winger.

What do you mean Solomon hasn't gotten on the pitch yet?

Almost as bad as those who've only seen him a few times and wanting the club to pay £50m for him.

Haven’t seen any posts suggesting that we must sign him, just the he’s the right profile. He’s clearly got some talent, you can see that from watching the Premier League regularly last season.

Haven’t seen any posts suggesting that we must sign him, just the he’s the right profile. He’s clearly got some talent, you can see that from watching the Premier League regularly last season.

Not saying he isn't a decent player but he doesn't look like a striker to me more a wide forward with a greater goal threat than Deki, even at Forest they don't play him as striker.

Not saying he isn't a decent player but he doesn't look like a striker to me more a wide forward with a greater goal threat than Deki, even at Forest they don't play him as striker.

Fair enough. I think he suits Ange's system perfectly on the right wing. Our other main wingers like to cut in, Johnson would sit wide and work very well with Porro and the RCM bombing forward.

It feels like many people are convinced we need a 20-goal-a-season striker, when Ange has never really relied on that. It's all about every player chipping in with their fare share. We'll probably end up with 3 or 4 players around 8-15 goals, which is a sensible place to be after relying on Kane (and Son) for so long.

Fair enough. I think he suits Ange's system perfectly on the right wing. Our other main wingers like to cut in, Johnson would sit wide and work very well with Porro and the RCM bombing forward.

It feels like many people are convinced we need a 20-goal-a-season striker, when Ange has never really relied on that. It's all about every player chipping in with their fare share. We'll probably end up with 3 or 4 players around 8-15 goals, which is a sensible place to be after relying on Kane (and Son) for so long.

I'm convinced that richarlison needs to do better with the chances he gets, or should be replaced in the starting 11.

I'm convinced that richarlison needs to do better with the chances he gets, or should be replaced in the starting 11.

He hasn't really had many chances. The front 3 hasn't clicked at all yet, but once it does I think he'll score his fair share. As I say, I'd be expecting around 10-15 for him in all comps.

If we have a squad that has Son/Soloman - Richy/One other - Deki/Johnson that would be the end to a frankly phenomenal window in my eyes.

Pace, direct and a goal threat from the right with NF who would be better here.

Lets see how it pans

He hasn't really had many chances. The front 3 hasn't clicked at all yet, but once it does I think he'll score his fair share. As I say, I'd be expecting around 10-15 for him in all comps.

15 starts in a period of 3 managers/4 if you include Ange, injuries, a WC in the middle of the season and an overhauled system. Im wiling to give him more time whilst acknowledging the need for depth.

15 starts in a period of 3 managers/4 if you include Ange, injuries, a WC in the middle of the season and an overhauled system. Im wiling to give him more time whilst acknowledging the need for depth.
Completely agree, this is basically his first run in the side. It’s not been great, but I think he’s doing a hell of a lot of the dirty work very well so far.

I dont get why we arent going big on Leonardo. He looked fantastic at the U20 WC - scored double what Veliz did. A natural finisher like Orban but with much more of a footballing brain as well

Back