• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I love how people get on their high horse about the price like its coming out of their wallets. The club have obviously got people in mind and although we may think other players maybe available that are better we are not in charge of running the club, we do not know the situation. The players we like may not be available, may not want to join or the manager may not even like that player, you just have to go with the flow and trust the system. If you are going to get upset with the club spending their money on something they want instead of what you want, then i’m afraid you are going to be upset every transfer window.

Solomon isn’t a right sided player in reality
And Johnson is probably being looked at as a pacey central option too

Agree. Been interesting to see Peri first cover for Son so far but I think in time it will be Son/Solomon and then maybe Deki/Johnson.

As you say, Johnson will be ticking a few boxes, HG, Deki cover, central cover.

Johnson could easily force his way into a starting slot quite quickly.

I’m not a massive fan of wide players playing on their traditional side (rather than inverted) but Johnson has looked pretty good doing it a Forest.

Agree. Been interesting to see Peri first cover for Son so far but I think in time it will be Son/Solomon and then maybe Deki/Johnson.

I’m not a massive fan of wide players playing on their traditional side (rather than inverted) but Johnson has looked pretty good doing it a Forest.

Gil back in the mix in 5-6 weeks too. It'll be interesting to see what Postie makes of him, he has a bit more craft than all the others (bar Kulu)

This lad is a quality young player
Exactly the kind we stopped signing for some stupid reason
If people are unhappy that we’re creating competition in the squad then the club should maybe just give up

I dont remember paying that sort of money for any of the young players we took a punt on other than Sanchez.

I love how people get on their high horse about the price like its coming out of their wallets. The club have obviously got people in mind and although we may think other players maybe available that are better we are not in charge of running the club, we do not know the situation. The players we like may not be available, may not want to join or the manager may not even like that player, you just have to go with the flow and trust the system. If you are going to get upset with the club spending their money on something they want instead of what you want, then i’m afraid you are going to be upset every transfer window.

Then your happy with the current situation where we have several highly priced players on the books who cannot get in the first team and nobody wants to buy?

Then your happy with the current situation where we have several highly priced players on the books who cannot get in the first team and nobody wants to buy?
Yeah, why wouldn’t i be? Its not my money. If i go into a shop to buy something, i’m not worried about the stock they can’t offload, i enjoy the experience and the situation i am in control of.

I dont remember paying that sort of money for any of the young players we took a punt on other than Sanchez.
philrileysings-redflag.gif

Gil back in the mix in 5-6 weeks too. It'll be interesting to see what Postie makes of him, he has a bit more craft than all the others (bar Kulu)

Yeah, good shout. I can see Ange being a fan of Gil. Works hard and would obviously be better in a possession based team.

I’d love to see him develop into an 8 (like David Silva) but think that’s unlikely - at least while we have Madders playing as an advanced 8.

Yeah, good shout. I can see Ange being a fan of Gil. Works hard and would obviously be better in a possession based team.

I’d love to see him develop into an 8 (like David Silva) but think that’s unlikely - at least while we have Madders playing as an advanced 8.

He's quite a bit younger than Maddison, and one thing we never had previously was rotation or succession planning for Eriksen in that role.

Seems our manager IS a big fan of it though.

Playing for a 5th to 10th placed Spanish club the moment we can get his net book value back IMO.

Back