• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Blade runner" shoots girlfriend

Famous person gets off, stop the presses.

This.

I was listening to Radio 2 on today. Had to give a massive "F*CK OFF!", when Jeremy Vine said that he wondered if he'd ever see him run again! Reeva Steenkamp sure won't. I hate the way the victim always gets forgotten in all of the hype.

Any-one that fires four bullets through a door, knowing that some-one is inside is at the very, very least very, very reckless. If he doesn't go down now for manslaughter, there is something very wrong.

This.

I was listening to Radio 2 on today. Had to give a massive "F*CK OFF!", when Jeremy Vine said that he wondered if he'd ever see him run again! Reeva Steenkamp sure won't. I hate the way the victim always gets forgotten in all of the hype.

Any-one that fires four bullets through a door, knowing that some-one is inside is at the very, very least very, very reckless. If he doesn't go down now for manslaughter, there is something very wrong.

They were talking about this on Sky News last night. If he gets off, which I'm convinced he will now and decides to run again depends on the public's reaction to the verdict. I'm not sure he's the type of character who could compete in an Olympics with half the stadium booing him.

I feel sorry for him with regardless to his life story, but that's really not the point. A woman has lost her life at the hands of his recklessness to put it kindly.

They were talking about this on Sky News last night. If he gets off, which I'm convinced he will now and decides to run again depends on the public's reaction to the verdict. I'm not sure he's the type of character who could compete in an Olympics with half the stadium booing him.

I feel sorry for him with regardless to his life story, but that's really not the point. A woman has lost her life at the hands of his recklessness to put it kindly.

Nah, I think he'll defenitely get manslaughter. It's a big case for the judge and the legal system in SA has been under almost the same amount of scrutiny as OP has. If she acquitted the case all hell would break loose.

Why the **** didn't he consider the person in his toilet was his girlfriend who was sleeping with him that night and was not in the bed? I still don't get that? Was that ever answered? Why would he just assume it was a burglar?

Why the **** didn't he consider the person in his toilet was his girlfriend who was sleeping with him that night and was not in the bed? I still don't get that? Was that ever answered? Why would he just assume it was a burglar?

He knew it was his gf, he knew she was in there, he knew if he wanted her gone he could shoot her and would get away with it and he has, bingo...

He knew it was his gf, he knew she was in there, he knew if he wanted her gone he could shoot her and would get away with it and he has, bingo...
The judge in summing up agreed with the defence that it was credible that he thought his girlfriend was in the bedroom.

What made him think there was an intruder in the first place? Why not check wifey hasn't gone for a **** before running round with a gun taking pot shots through a door?

On the basis that neither you nor I have sat through all of the evidence, I think that we have to accept her verdict.

very true, I wonder if Oscar wouldve got off if he was a shop worker rather than a world famous athlete and icon

very true, I wonder if Oscar wouldve got off if he was a shop worker rather than a world famous athlete and icon
I don't know. I haven't heard or read all of the evidence. Being wealthy and being able to afford decent legal representation obviously give you an advantage over the man in the street though.

On the basis that neither you nor I have sat through all of the evidence, I think that we have to accept her verdict.

This is what has ****ed me off a little throughout the whole thing. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't think his explanation is that ridiculous. I've thought about it objectively, and although I do think he did use undue force even if it was a burglar, I can understand how his story could stand up in a court of law.

I've spent the past few weeks in work arguing with people convinced that 'he's guilty' whenever they don't even know the basic simple facts about the case. One person tried to argue that he would have noticed a burglar walking past him on the way into the bathroom so he would have known it was a burglar and not his GF. I mean, come on. If you are going to argue so strongly about something, at least read into the basics.

By the letter of the law the judge has no choice but to acquit him of 1st degree murder whether he has done it or not. Because the prosecution could not present enough evidence to remove all doubt that he didn't do it.

This is what has ****ed me off a little throughout the whole thing. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't think his explanation is that ridiculous. I've thought about it objectively, and although I do think he did use undue force even if it was a burglar, I can understand how his story could stand up in a court of law.

I've spent the past few weeks in work arguing with people convinced that 'he's guilty' whenever they don't even know the basic simple facts about the case. One person tried to argue that he would have noticed a burglar walking past him on the way into the bathroom so he would have known it was a burglar and not his GF. I mean, come on. If you are going to argue so strongly about something, at least read into the basics.

By the letter of the law the judge has no choice but to acquit him of 1st degree murder whether he has done it or not. Because the prosecution could not present enough evidence to remove all doubt that he didn't do it.

He said he got the gun from under his bed. Could he not also look above the bed and notice Reeva wasn't there?

They argued, she packed her bags to leave, they argued more, she feared for her life and screamed which was heard by neighbours, they had a physical struggle ( the signs of which are what first raised the alarm with police at the scene), she hid in the bathroom, he got his gun, and he blew her away.... Almost beyond doubt, that is what happened. The 1% or higher of reasonable doubt means he can't be convicted of second degree murder (I doubt it was premeditated).

He has to go down for culpable homicide....Johnny Cochran can't get it right twice!

He said he got the gun from under his bed. Could he not also look above the bed and notice Reeva wasn't there?

Absolutely, but his testimony says that he didn't and the prosecution did not provide sufficient evidence to suggest otherwise so as I said, by the letter of the law he could not be found guilty of 1st degree murder.

Back