• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Interesting reading through the posts, has anyone read this book -
I thought it was a great read looking at how people/culture/society has formed over time.

I'm working through it at the moment, really good work and the man himself is impressive. The bit about rice/cereal crops takes a little while to slog through. There's so many interesting and insightful points raised with what appears to be sound analysis of a number of issues

Although this specific instance seems to arise from Ethiopian issues rather than the broad BLM movement.

tbh it’s not a particularly BLM related post in the absence of a topping statue thread.

The broader point remains that we seem to be entering a phase where people feel injustice, taking the law into their own hands is becoming common place.
What next?

There is loads more you can do; be more aware for a start as opposed to some shoulder-shrugging, "Well, I do my best so that's that" attitude. Perhaps re-evaluate certain things one does or engages with in life; nothing wrong with that is there?

no there isnt - thats what i, and other have been advocating.

And who's talking about "punishing others for crimes committed prior"? How about just being aware and accountable for them? What's the issue with that? Since when did greater awareness become "punishment"?

Affirmative action punishes people today for crimes committed in the past by others. its a delicate and unfortunate situation but im a firm believer that the best course of action is for everyone to act in an equitable manner from now onwards. showing a bias towards one demographic, due to past biases will simply lead to a never ending cycle of confrontation.

Of course that last bold-face sentence is what everyone is aiming for, but sadly, as has been shown for hundreds of years, people don't DO anything unless there is anger involved...

we'll have to agree to disagree here. i'd like to think that the past few decades is where most progress on racism has been made (globally), and theres probably been the least amount of racially caused anger during this period.

Erm HELLO

When did this happen?

I have always liked you so im going to give you a the benefit of my expertise. Lay behind her like your spooning, kiss her neck on one side while you play with her clit. Then gently rub your rooster into her bum. She will cum all over your fingers. Then she will be ready for the custard.
Thats what i like about Chich...............so generous with his advice....if only more people were like that.

Thats what i like about Chich...............so generous with his advice....if only more people were like that.

The teenagers at work are often regaled by my shenanigans of yester year.

Were going to do a works trip to the crown and anchor in shoreham when it reopens. Also at the arts centre in town they do a poetry open mic night every year on sussex day. Was going to do my poem: The squirter by the seaside.

It seems we might see Spurs step away from the BLM endorsement

Really the was nothing wrong with kick it out.

That racist scumbag police officer in america brought race relations to the fore again so it is right we show solidarity with black people but lets stick to kick it out.

Also as someone said earlier in the thread the fa dont take it that seriously or they would have kicked Terry out.

Really the was nothing wrong with kick it out.

That racist scumbag police officer in america bought race relations to the fore again so it is right we show solidarity with black people but lets stick to kick it out.

Also as someone said earlier in the thread the fa dont take it that seriously or they would have kicked Terry out.
As I'm getting tired of saying, "Don't be racist" should be everyone's aim.

Not only is it relevant but it's really easy to achieve - I do it all the time.

As I'm getting tired of saying, "Don't be racist" should be everyone's aim.

Not only is it relevant but it's really easy to achieve - I do it all the time.

You'd like to think so.
Should it also be everyone's aim to call out racism when they hear it?
I try to, depending on the circumstances (I'm not brave enough with total strangers, to my shame) but it doesn't win any popularity contests.
It's one thing I am not looking forward to if/when I go back in the pub - I can already imagine how the BLM topic will be discussed.

You'd like to think so.
Should it also be everyone's aim to call out racism when they hear it?
I try to, depending on the circumstances (I'm not brave enough with total strangers, to my shame) but it doesn't win any popularity contests.
It's one thing I am not looking forward to if/when I go back in the pub - I can already imagine how the BLM topic will be discussed.
I've had to call people out on it in a boardroom before - I was a junior director at the time.

It wasn't something said with racist intent, it was a very outdated phrase about a woodpile used entirely not in regard to race. Not an easy situation and for my shame it was only the second time it was said that I piped up.

I have to say though that, at least in my company, that's the only time I've heard someone say anything racist in at least a decade. Racism has long been all but removed from polite society, the working classes still appear to be catching up.

feels like kick it out have been pretty useless overall

i agree that their impact isnt huge, but what more can they realistically do? within the professional game, they have little jurisdiction in terms of handing out punishments. i dont see how they can do much more than continue being another voice in the fight against racism.

Accountable?
For what exactly?
Yes great injustices have happened in the past and are still happening today, why should we as individuals who neither support nor participate be accountable?

The question revolved around "punishing others for crimes committed" and BLM is trying to heighten awareness of the disparities and prejudices the black community has suffered. The initial postee inferred that in doing this, BLM was "punishing people for the crimes of others". I was saying I think it is laughable to think of greater awareness, and holding oneself to a standard of accountability in acknowledging it exists, was "punishment".

I know (in reading over) what you thought it was about, but you'd have to read the initial post again. Just to give you his sentence in full - "no-one should be punished for crimes committed by previous generations, whether financially or through new positive discrimination measures."

Again, admitting that such things have happened, and that we currently will do our best to address such issues, does not -in my book- equal "punishment" it equals a greater sense of knowledge, responsibility and collective work on systemic problems.

The question revolved around "punishing others for crimes committed" and BLM is trying to heighten awareness of the disparities and prejudices the black community has suffered. The initial postee inferred that in doing this, BLM was "punishing people for the crimes of others". I was saying I think it is laughable to think of greater awareness, and holding oneself to a standard of accountability in acknowledging it exists, was "punishment".

I know (in reading over) what you thought it was about, but you'd have to read the initial post again. Just to give you his sentence in full - "no-one should be punished for crimes committed by previous generations, whether financially or through new positive discrimination measures."

Again, admitting that such things have happened, and that we currently will do our best to address such issues, does not -in my book- equal "punishment" it equals a greater sense of knowledge, responsibility and collective work on systemic problems.
Is there anyone credible denying they happened?

Back