• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I’ve been catching up on a few news items and seems the BLM message is indeed being slightly lost now due to the extremity or at least the extreme extremity of the some of the groups views.

Terry Crews having a run in is interesting and a few becoming vocal at the more leftists views coming to the fore

So, turns out BLM Inc. are anti-Semitic:

The Premier League release a statement that they “don’t support the organisation“...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328
The message should never have been the name of a political organisation in the first place. What’s wrong with “kick it out” or “equality for all races” or something.

They literally have the BLM logo on the sleeve, are they saying they didn’t know what the group stands for until now? That’s impossible.

Last edited:
So, turns out BLM Inc. are anti-semitic:

The Premier League release a statement that they “don’t support the organisation“...
The message should never have been the name of a political organisation in the first place. What’s wrong with “kick it out” or “equality for all races” or something.

They literally have the BLM logo on the sleeve, are they saying they didn’t know what the group stands for until now? That’s impossible.
I said to mates at the time that this link to BLM from the Prem (name balzened everywhere) will be something they look back on with regret. It just felt a bit off that they’d back a movement that defaces Churchill’s statue, attacks police and wants them defunded, now the anti-Semitic links are coming out. Something just didn’t smell right about it all from the start.

like you say, what was wrong with “kick it out” ? At least you know that is just about racism and is something everyone can get behind and endorse.

I said to mates at the time that this link to BLM from the Prem (name balzened everywhere) will be something they look back on with regret. It just felt a bit off that they’d back a movement that defaces Churchill’s statue, attacks police and wants them defunded, now the anti-Semitic links are coming out. Something just didn’t smell right about it all from the start.

like you say, what was wrong with “kick it out” ? At least you know that is just about racism and is something everyone can get behind and endorse.

It was such a token gesture by the prem, this is an organisation that is suppose to support “kick it out” but has allowed players to continue as normal after they have spouted racism of some form.

Alas it seems the good nature of the message that black lives do mater has morphed into something more and the Premier League in its rush to look good is now back tracking.

Interesting that Scara highlighted the issues off the kind of messaging coming out of the BLM machine and it seems he was right

So, turns out BLM Inc. are anti-Semitic:

This IS anti-Isreal, NOT anti-Semitic.

black lives matter is an idea, a sentiment, a statement

there is no central organisation directing things, I don't know who blacklivesmatteruk are but they are subverting the general message for their own agenda

This IS anti-Isreal, NOT anti-Semitic.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

there is no central organisation directing things, I don't know who blacklivesmatteruk are but they are subverting the general message for their own agenda
They are the main fundraiser for BLM in the UK.

Pretty much, but I think it’s actually the other way around in that the organisation were the first to popularise the statement “Black lives matter”. Most people saw this and reasonably thought “yeah, I agree their lives definitely matter” without realising it’s the name of an organisation.

BLM does have a central organisation that dictates the aims.

Also, I’m sure they do a lot of good as well as the controversy. just pointing out that the statement/idea came from the organisation. When the PL are using the organisations logo — raised fist graphic — it seems clear that represents the organisation.

Pretty much, but I think it’s actually the other way around in that the organisation were the first to popularise the statement “Black lives matter”. Most people saw this and reasonably thought “yeah, I agree their lives definitely matter” without realising it’s the name of an organisation.

Also, I’m sure they do a lot of good as well as the controversy. just pointing out that the statement/idea came from the organisation. When the PL are using the organisations logo — raised fist graphic — it seems clear that represents the organisation.

I thought it started in the US after the George Zimmerman trial?

That’s a good point that being anti Zionism isn’t inherently wrong.

However to say that British politics is gagged from discussing it, implies that some nefarious Jewish voices are stopping them discussing it. (They also only focus on the bad points of Zionism)

This seems exactly like the type of negative stereotyping they get upset about other people doing.

Isreal played the Labour party like a cheap fiddle.

Keir has to be very careful. He must not stifle proper and undeniable Israeli criticism under the misguided "anti Semitism" banner.

I thought it started in the US after the George Zimmerman trial?

Ah, yes you are right. I'm being dumb.

It started as the hashtag, then the organisation of the same name was created which has spent money popularising the statement to promote itself.

Pretty messed up really.

I agree with "Black lives matter" but don't support "Black lives matter Inc." what does one do? lol

the pl have set a precedent here that they'll regret for a long time imo

Last edited:
Ah, yes you are right. I'm being dumb.

It started as the hashtag, then the organisation of the same name was created which has spent money popularising the statement to promote itself.

Pretty messed up really.

I agree with "Black lives matter" but don't support "Black lives matter Inc." what does one do? lol

you just try to live your life as best you can - try not to let subconcious racism influence what you do or say, and thats about it. theres nothing more you can do.

the public shaming and silencing of invididuals by the blm movement is abhorrent, and needs to come to an end asap. the vast majority of people arent proactively racist - yes they may make mistakes based on subconcious factors, but that can only be fixed over time through education - society had been on a very good path recently on this front and i worry that the blm movement may have set back the progress. no-one should be punished for crimes committed by previous generations, whether financially or through new positive discrimination measures. its unfortunate that historic behaviours have heavily influenced the current status quo that we live in - but like i said, the only way to resolve this is through having equitable policies across all races, and over time, the issue of historic racism will be erased.

So many so quick to virtue signal and jump on the bandwagon and it's backfiring massively

I think some of you need to read up on the progress thats been made in the US alone with police policy and general education, inspired by the BLM movement, before rubbishing it as a step backwards just because it's convenient to do so and its easy to read a headline that marries up with our prejudices and leanings. There's a lot of accusations thrown at the youngsters/twitter users/snowflakes etc on here, but they're the ones inspiring change that my/our generation can't even get close to.

I think some of you need to read up on the progress thats been made in the US alone with police policy and general education, inspired by the BLM movement, before rubbishing it as a step backwards just because it's convenient to do so and its easy to read a headline that marries up with our prejudices and leanings. There's a lot of accusations thrown at the youngsters/twitter users/snowflakes etc on here, but they're the ones inspiring change that my/our generation can't even get close to.

but at what cost? if the blm movement was the catalyst for these changes, was it even worth it? maybe i'm wrong, but i would like to think that whatever progress that has happened post George Floyd would've happened anyways (and not at a particularly long time scale either)

also i wouldnt be to quick to underplay the influence of previous generations. Racism isn't an issue that is going away overnight - and the actions that previous generations took explains why racism today is less of an issue than it was a decade ago, same with the previous decade etc etc. The speed at which society is becoming more equitable for all is getting ever faster, and fascist movements like blm are only a hindrance to a fairer society for all imo.

for the most part, everyone knows what is right and wrong. we're never going to be able to address those who chose to be outright racists unfortunately.

the space we can improve in is addressing how unconscious racism affects minority communities. this is done through education, and not via advocating white guilt on today's generation who have done little wrong (unfortunately this is a big part of the blm movement imo).

Back