• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Lightweight and doesn't score enough (to be an inside forward).

Neither did Willian but you wanted us to sign him.

Bernard is the exact sort of player we need. That guy who can dribble past players, that creative spark that can pull off an unreal pass that no one else could as well as pop up with a goal. Bernard on one wing, Bale on the other would be superb. Then we just need a midfield 3 of Pjanic, Dembele, Sandro.

about 15+ times.. mainly because I'm betting on Atletico MG games (free stream on bet365) and they're occasionally on ESPN.

hmmm i'm skeptical tbh.

I've never seen anybody on here mention him until the link, absolutely nothing was said about him. If he was "exactly the player we need" i'm pretty sure you would have mentioned his name as a potential signing at least once. Hell even when we were after Willian i didn't read anything about Bernard being an alternative. Now everyone seems to know exactly who he is after he's linked.

hmmm i'm skeptical tbh.

I've never seen anybody on here mention him until the link, absolutely nothing was said about him. If he was "exactly the player we need" i'm pretty sure you would have mentioned his name as a potential signing at least once. Hell even when we were after Willian i didn't read anything about Bernard being an alternative. Now everyone seems to know exactly who he is after he's linked.

What? I've been talking about Bernard on here for months. When the link come up that we were linked last month I was over the moon, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'd find it, if not, then I suppose you can believe what you want. I didn't start a thread on it because we hadn't been linked, I said this after I saw him about 5 or 6 times, he looked the absolute part.

Edit: Seems like months but it was acually 3rd of May when I mentioned it: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?3766-what-has-happened-to-the-transfer-section/page86 - I'm sure I've mentioned him on here before too. But that was before we were even linked I believe.

Last edited:
fm13-player-profile-bernard2-2012-profile.png

Good Dribbling, Technique, Flair, and he's quick. Levy go sign. \o/

hmmm i'm skeptical tbh.

To be fair to Murmorn I'm pretty sure he said we should sign Bernard in the 'Which positions should we buy' thread...

Edit:

Creative central midfielder (Pjanic, Roberto, Maher etc.)
Pick the locks attacker (Bernard, Lamela, Isco etc.)
Goalscoring striker (Benteke, Leandro, Osvaldo etc.)
A young goalkeeper (McCarthy)

Almost a month back.

He looks like the business in those videos. Strong on both feet, capable crosser, passer and finisher. Pace in abundance. He would fit right in here, might take a few months to get used to the kicking but he comes across as a more dynamic Coutinho (never seen anything else of him, mind).

Who would realistically be capable of offering more wages, us or Dortmund? That may well be what it comes down to, hopefully we have more financial muscle.

He looks like the business in those videos. Strong on both feet, capable crosser, passer and finisher. Pace in abundance. He would fit right in here, might take a few months to get used to the kicking but he comes across as a more dynamic Coutinho (never seen anything else of him, mind).

Who would realistically be capable of offering more wages, us or Dortmund? That may well be what it comes down to, hopefully we have more financial muscle.

I'm not sure how Dortmund are financially but I believe even the likes of Lewandowski are on peanuts (as opposed to what the big clubs can offer). I think it'd be a more personal thing for Bernard. Does he see himself wanting to live in London or Dortmund? Would he want to play with Dortmund, the Champions League runners up? or Tottenham? Maybe Sandro could have a word? He may prefer our training facilities or the vision of AVB?

Whoever ends up getting Bernard, in my view I doubt it will be down to who offers him higher wages.

I'm not sure how Dortmund are financially but I believe even the likes of Lewandowski are on peanuts (as opposed to what the big clubs can offer). I think it'd be a more personal thing for Bernard. Does he see himself wanting to live in London or Dortmund? Would he want to play with Dortmund, the Champions League runners up? or Tottenham? Maybe Sandro could have a word? He may prefer our training facilities or the vision of AVB?

Whoever ends up getting Bernard, in my view I doubt it will be down to who offers him higher wages.

I think a lot of the factors you've mentioned make it a very even contest between us and Dortmund, and I think that is what might make money the deciding factor. Especially if we can offer significantly higher wages than Dortmund.

However, Lewandowski is on £20k a week because that's the contract he's been on since signing from Lech Poznan for about £2m if memory serves. The price of £15m being mooted for Bernard represents how much higher his stock is, and I think his wage demands similarly will be much higher. So whether we will be able to blow Dortmund out of the water in this sense is uncertain.

[video=youtube;KISCw-7KrHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISCw-7KrHY[/video]

Known about Bernard since I first signed him on FM13 and he was the dog's gonad*s. The only problem I can see in signing him is where that leaves Lennon. IMO this has been one of his best seasons for us and I don't think he deserves to be replaced by an unproven youngster. This said, Bernard would give us a lot of depth in the squad so we could rotate a lot more, something Benitez got tactically spot on at Chelsea which got them through all their games at the end.

[video=youtube;KISCw-7KrHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISCw-7KrHY[/video]

Known about Bernard since I first signed him on FM13 and he was the dog's gonad*s. The only problem I can see in signing him is where that leaves Lennon. IMO this has been one of his best seasons for us and I don't think he deserves to be replaced by an unproven youngster. This said, Bernard would give us a lot of depth in the squad so we could rotate a lot more, something Benitez got tactically spot on at Chelsea which got them through all their games at the end.

He's young

Back