• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berlin terror attack

39 killed in an Istanbul nightclub by one lone nutter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-38482606

President Erdogan: Turkey will 'do whatever is necessary'

"Turkey is determined to continue to fight to the end against terror and to do whatever is necessary to ensure the security of its citizens and secure peace in the region," President Erdogan's statement said.

The country, which is fighting against both the Islamic State group and the Kurdish PKK group, has seen repeated attacks in recent times, many on crowded places packed with civilians.

Here is a list of some of the most deadly ones in 2016:

10 December: Twin bomb attack outside a football stadium in Istanbul kills 44 people, Kurdish militant group claims responsibility

20 August: Bomb attack on wedding party in Gaziantep kills at least 30 people, IS suspected

30 July: 35 Kurdish fighters try to storm a military base and are killed by the Turkish army

28 June: A gun and bomb attack on Ataturk airport in Istanbul kills 41 people, in an attack blamed on IS militants

13 March: 37 people are killed by Kurdish militants in a suicide car bombing in Ankara

17 February: 28 people die in an attack on a military convoy in Ankara

Very sad.:(
Istanbul is our favorite holiday destination.
Specially, as Turkish Airline have a direct daily flight from Mombasa to Istanbul

2017 maybe a bastard bigger than 2016

Who is Sacha Saeen and why should I (or you, or anyone) take that person's evaluation of this at face value?

The conversation between Harris and Murray was published as a podcast episode of a bit over 2 hours. I would urge you to actually listen to it (or at least parts of it) and make your own mind up on what Harris said that was so reprehensible.

If you have actual quotes that shows what Harris said that was problematic (with a bit of context and not just quote mined) that would be a starting point I could accept too.

Some twitter random making a claim and people taking it at face value is part of the problem with the current level of discourse on important topics as far as I'm concerned.

Are you saying that his data are wrong or are you assuming the data are correct and that it's just wrong to say it?

Who is Sacha Saeen and why should I (or you, or anyone) take that person's evaluation of this at face value?

The conversation between Harris and Murray was published as a podcast episode of a bit over 2 hours. I would urge you to actually listen to it (or at least parts of it) and make your own mind up on what Harris said that was so reprehensible.

If you have actual quotes that shows what Harris said that was problematic (with a bit of context and not just quote mined) that would be a starting point I could accept too.

Some twitter random making a claim and people taking it at face value is part of the problem with the current level of discourse on important topics as far as I'm concerned.

To both of you. I am happy to listen to the whole podcast. Will do. I took the tweet at face value but I guess I should really look in to it.

What are your opinions on what he says?

To both of you. I am happy to listen to the whole podcast. Will do. I took the tweet at face value but I guess I should really look in to it.

What are your opinions on what he says?

I happen to know a thing out two about both intelligence testing and the scientific process. But I haven't read up on the specific claims made in the podcast. And as I'm sure you can tell from your own reaction the entire topic is one a lot of people shy away from.

My experience with Sam Harris leads me to believe he would have read up on the controvercy and asked the right questions if there were reasons to doubt the basic science. But it's one podcast (long enough) and I have no insight beyond what is being claimed. My instinct reaction was "socioeconomic factors" and I'm not convinced either way that those have been controlled for well enough. The basic finding is interesting whatever one thinks of the reasons for it.

As far as the intentions and character of the two I have to say Harris spoke well on a difficult topic. As did Murray. Never heard of Murray before, but he seemed genuine and nothing like the racist/biggot/nazi he's been claimed to be.

Back