• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
just checked

Collymore has a youth career at walsall and wolves, and his senior career started at Stafford Rangers, then southend, then Palace, and then Forest....blimey what a route he took

just goes to show how many old skool top strikers had humble beginnings

andy cole was one Arsenal let slip thru their fingertips

I had never anticipated Collymore going through so many clubs. I thought he was at Villa before Liverpool? Had that partnership with Savo Milosevic?

We are all forgeting Defoe

Solid PL striker no matter the context

Indeed, look at the list we have managed to come up with though - I think it fair to say your observation RE Utd's Striker buying policy is nothing of the sort. More an "Every club in the premiership" Striker buying policy

I made the observation looking at Welbeck recently and tried to name another one of their recent academy striker products. Then discovered how little it is. I'm sure every other PL club can name at least 1-2 decent products over 20 years!

Good shouts. Were Southampton a premiership club when Shearer came through?

Kevin Phillips springs to mind (still doing well for Blackpool incidentally).

Ian Wright? Robbie Keane?

Kevin Phillips started at non-league, I think it was Baldock Town and then Watford signed him when they were in Division 2 (League One now) for about 10k. I remember the price cos my Watford mates were saying that they'd manage to sign a goalscorer for the same amount as some awful players at the time were being paid as a weekly wage.

Kevin Phillips started at non-league, I think it was Baldock Town and then Watford signed him when they were in Division 2 (League One now) for about 10k. I remember the price cos my Watford mates were saying that they'd manage to sign a goalscorer for the same amount as some awful players at the time were being paid as a weekly wage.

Correct and at the beginning he played as a full back!!

Didn't Teddy start at millwall, then to forest then dream move.

Southampton were a top flight club for years until the recent relegation, so Shearer started in the top flight.

I'm actually not sure what the question is though?!

Could be right. A bit of a flavour of the month thing.

I remember Man U fans were disgusted by his lack of effort for the first year, and I think thats why he was eventually dropped for good. I honestly believe he went there thinking he was top dog, like he was at Spurs, but found out nobody was in awe of him.

Anyway, it couldnt have turned out better as far as Im concerned.

Good point. You need more than ability to play for Man United. Hunger, desire, work rate. United fans simply won't accept players that don't try, and Fergie doesn't accept it either, hence why he doesn't play Berbatov more. Someone on the old GG forum actually criticised Tevez for "running around like a headless chicken" whilst defending Berbatov's style of play!

Don't think he misses us, but I miss him.

I would gladly get rid of Ade in a heartbeat for Berbatov.

Me too. Love Ade, but Berbs was special, goals, free kicks, link up play and he was a cool as could be.
Loved him - and despite the manner of his leaving, I'm prepared to believe it was over hyped in the press.

Get him back

Yeah lets bring him back!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...gate-slams-Dimitar-Berbatov-article53185.html

Maybe Woody and Segers were just jealous of his uber sublime squirrel f#cking abilities

"If you are at Spurs and you could play for Manchester United in the Champions League, which he has always wanted to do, then fair enough.

But there are ways of going about it."

That's the bottom line for me. The rest of the quotes from Woodgate are pretty damning as well and don't leave much room for interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back