• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were interested in Berbatov since his Leverkusen days

We were the only club which made a solid offer at the time. He has admitted that numerous times and no party has denied it.

Perhaps they didn't want to take the risk and see how he does first in the Prem and also paying 3 times more in the end.

He's always bought his strikers in the Prem. Always. Welbeck would be the first academy product which has made it since I can recall

They were interested in Berbatov since his Leverkusen days

We were the only club which made a solid offer at the time. He has admitted that numerous times and no party has denied it.

Perhaps they didn't want to take the risk and see how he does first in the Prem and also paying 3 times more in the end.

He's always bought his strikers in the Prem. Always. Welbeck would be the first academy product which has made it since I can recall

Solskjaer, Forlan, Van Horseface, Hernandez

Could be right. A bit of a flavour of the month thing.

I remember Man U fans were disgusted by his lack of effort for the first year, and I think thats why he was eventually dropped for good. I honestly believe he went there thinking he was top dog, like he was at Spurs, but found out nobody was in awe of him.

Anyway, it couldnt have turned out better as far as Im concerned.

It could - we could've gotten ?ú50 million for him, while he flopped as badly as Torres has done. :D After all, Berbatov has not really failed that miserably: 49 goals in 106 games for Manure is pretty decent, I'd say. 27 goals in his last 42 PL appearences is not bad at all.

He's still a clam though.

IAfter all, Berbatov has not really failed that miserably: 49 goals in 106 games for Manure is pretty decent, I'd say. 27 goals in his last 42 PL appearences is not bad at all.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good flimflam story

Anyone who's been half following the Prem would know what he's done for them considering his status in the team

i dont think we are in any position to judge, we are on our 4th manager since then:D

Look at the managers they have sacked though:

Claudio Ranieri - May, 2004
Jose Mourinho - September, 2007
Avram Grant - May, 2008
Luiz Felipe Scolari - February, 2009
Carlo Ancelotti - May, 2011

In our case, Santini walked out, Jol took over as caretaker, but stayed on. Then it was a complete overhaul of the sytem with Ramos and a DoF, then Harry.

No really comparable

Rooney
Yorke
Cole
Berbatov
Saha
Teddy
Hughes
etc.

You name it

Hughes was from Barca via Bayern Munich

Yes Fergie mainly buys strikers from English clubs, but he isnt averse to buying from abroad if the striker fits the criteria

Look at the managers they have sacked though:

Claudio Ranieri - May, 2004
Jose Mourinho - September, 2007
Avram Grant - May, 2008
Luiz Felipe Scolari - February, 2009
Carlo Ancelotti - May, 2011

In our case, Santini walked out, Jol took over as caretaker, but stayed on. Then it was a complete overhaul of the sytem with Ramos and a DoF, then Harry.

No really comparable

yes they have pointlessly sacked some excellent managers

Hughes was from Barca via Bayern Munich

Yes Fergie mainly buys strikers from English clubs, but he isnt averse to buying from abroad if the striker fits the criteria

You misunderstood my point completely

I said he always buys his strikers in the Prem - i.e. during the PL era, not that he only buys from the Prem

I dont think anyone is doubting his contribution, bit of a straw man there Arcy.

I also think his stats arent "good" but great - near 1 in 2 is a fantasic return.

We all know Utd tried to gazump us when we bought him.

I think (unless totally mistaken) the point is more why did Fergie buy him when he did?

At this point Berbatov never seemed an appropriate fit to their side (there was countless comment to that effect here), and his lack of game time (or faith shown in him) seems to bear this out. Despite his fantastic return he still cannot establish himself in the team.

After all, Berbatov has not really failed that miserably: 49 goals in 106 games for Manure is pretty decent, I'd say. 27 goals in his last 42 PL appearences is not bad at all.

He's a bench warmer at the end of the day. A super sub, who has never, and will never be pivotal to what Man U achieve.

You misunderstood my point completely

I said he always buys his strikers in the Prem - i.e. during the PL era, not that he only buys from the Prem

still rules out Hughes though, he was pre-Prem

I dont think anyone is doubting his contribution, bit of a straw man there Arcy.

I also think his stats arent "good" but great - near 1 in 2 is a fantasic return.

We all know Utd tried to gazump us when we bought him.

I think (unless totally mistaken) the point is more why did Fergie buy him when he did?

At this point Berbatov never seemed an appropriate fit to their side (there was countless comment to that effect here), and his lack of game time (or faith shown in him) seems to bear this out. Despite his fantastic return he still cannot establish himself in the team.

Some pedal a story where he's been some kind of flop or failure

He contributed around 16 points to their PL campaign alone last year with winning goals.

Look at Hernandez - top dog last season -> bench to Welbeck this year for whatever reason. Keeping 4 top strikers isn't easy. We have 2 and the one is always moaning.

The only guaranteed striker in that team is Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back