• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bentley

Why haven't we released him and Gallas yet, should get things moving.

Gallas' contract is till the end of June. I'd imagine we'll wait till he's decided what he's going to do (retire, go to UAE or QPR etc) before we jump in with our 'wish him well for the future' statement.

I still think Bentley is here till June 14 and we'll have to find a buyer, even if it's free and with us subsidising wages, like with Jenas.

I thought with his crossing ability he would be able to do for us on the right similar to what Becks did for Utd, especially as at the time Lennon's crossing was not the best. Well I so got that wrong

If we hadn't sold Berbatov (and not replaced him) a fortnight after Bentley made his debut, who knows what might have been.

Gallas' contract is till the end of June. I'd imagine we'll wait till he's decided what he's going to do (retire, go to UAE or QPR etc) before we jump in with our 'wish him well for the future' statement.

I still think Bentley is here till June 14 and we'll have to find a buyer, even if it's free and with us subsidising wages, like with Jenas.

I thought all contracts run to 30 June?

I dont see why we cant announce intention to release players right away and wish them well at same time. Gallas sorting his own future doesn't really matter though I can see your point about waiting till contract is officially over.

I find the whole Bentley saga to be really sad tbh. Spurs have had so many crap players over the years but here was a talented player who we've turned to complete brick (bit like Ade). Yes the player has to take some of the blame but there have been plenty of prima donna players who have made it so I don't get what's gone wrong and would love some behind the scenes insight. Redknapp the supposed great man manager failed. AVB has done no better His set pieces, crossing and passing were awesome at Blackburn before we bought him. How we needed some of that last season when Lennon was injured and people were slagging off levy for not buying cover. I want to believe we can still get something out of this bloke.

If we hadn't sold Berbatov (and not replaced him) a fortnight after Bentley made his debut, who knows what might have been.

I agree. We signed a player who can cross (and not do much else) and then sell the only striker that we had who could control a cross

I thought all contracts run to 30 June?

I dont see why we cant announce intention to release players right away and wish them well at same time. Gallas sorting his own future doesn't really matter though I can see your point about waiting till contract is officially over.

I meant June 2014. I think Bentley's got another year to run yet.

A typical 4+2 deal would mean next summer, but Bentley himself claims to be out of contract now:

"I'm out of contract with Tottenham in the summer and I will re-evaluate what I do then"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8557934/Blackburn-Rovers-loan-star-David-Bentley-is-not-thinking-about-his-future-at-Tottenham

Yeah - a 4+2 from summer 2008 goes to 2014. Same as Gomes, who signed the same window.

Perhaps Bentley had just been told he was being let go - i.e. we'd facilitate his exit one way or the other, like we did with Jenas

Good riddance!

Look what you could get for the money we have spent on Bentley.

No guesses for which will contribute more to our club...........no wonder DL feels twitchy on big money purchases

training-centre-main-building.jpg

David Michael Bentley

Signed for £15m in 2008

Wages £40000 x 52 weeks x 5 years = £10.4m

Total cost = £25.4m :eek:

The 40 grand is a guess, but it seems around that mark and I know, we have recouped a litte bit from his loan spells, but still;

Unbelievable Jeff #-o

Who was it on the old board that new Bentley? Got him to hold a note to mark 10,000 posts

Pity it didn't work out for him, Spurs fan himself. Suppose he always has that goal at the Hemmarhoids to remember him by

Who was it on the old board that new Bentley? Got him to hold a note to mark 10,000 posts

Pity it didn't work out for him, Spurs fan himself. Suppose he always has that goal at the Hemmarhoids to remember him by

munz wasn't it?

Back