• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazio one up. But even if they go out i can't see Bender or Kramer leaving the club for that reason only. It could however force the club to sell, as they would miss out on massive amounts of money.

Lazio one up. But even if they go out i can't see Bender or Kramer leaving the club for that reason only. It could however force the club to sell, as they would miss out on massive amounts of money.

It's not going to make them want to leave, but we'd have a much tougher time convincing either to leave a CL club for us.

How do Lars Bender, Kramer and Illaramendi compare?
If in a rainbow-coloured universe we were able to choose one to join us come 1st Sept, who would it be? And why?

How do Lars Bender, Kramer and Illaramendi compare?
If in a rainbow-coloured universe we were able to choose one to join us come 1st Sept, who would it be? And why?
For me Illarramendi is very similar to Modric. Taller, but same control with the ball. Good vision, very good passer of the ball. Not very quick, but quick enough to play as a CM. He's not a typical bone crusher, he doesn't need to do that as he reads the game like Luka.
Can't even think about us being even close getting him, but here's for hoping!
Lars Bender is a great allround midfielder. Not a typical DM, more a CM as he is more gifted with the ball than his twin brother Sven. Chips in with a few goals and assists. But even if he isnt playing as a DM, he sure can tackle as well. Good speed with and without the ball, quite tall, strong, captain of Leverkusen.
Would solve a lot of our problems in the middle of the park. I'm hoping Leverkusen dont go to the group stage of the CL - could give us a slight chance of getting him in.
Kramer is more a DM. Tall, but isnt built like a rock. Good ball control, not like Illarramendi - but good enough for a DM. I also think he is quick enough to cope with the pace in the PL.
Was loaned out to Mönchengladbach last season, and played very well.

All three of them would go straight into our first 11 IMO, but I would have picked Lars Bender to be most suited to play in England as I can see it. Would love Illarramendi though, brilliant player. Pity for him that Luka and Kroos is world class.

For me Illarramendi is very similar to Modric. Taller, but same control with the ball. Good vision, very good passer of the ball. Not very quick, but quick enough to play as a CM. He's not a typical bone crusher, he doesn't need to do that as he reads the game like Luka.
Lars Bender is a great allround midfielder. Not a typical DM, more a CM as he is more gifted with the ball than his twin brother Sven. Chips in with a few goals and assists. But even if he isnt playing as a DM, he sure can tackle as well. Good speed with and without the ball, quite tall, strong, captain of Leverkusen.
Would solve a lot of our problems in the middle of the park. I'm hoping Leverkusen dont go to the group stage of the CL - could give us a slight chance of getting him in.
Kramer is more a DM. Tall, but isnt built like a rock. Good ball control, not like Illarramendi - but good enough for a DM. I also think he is quick enough to cope with the pace in the PL.

All three of them would go straight into our first 11 IMO, but I would have picked Lars Bender to be most suited to play in England as I can see it. Would love Illarramendi though, brilliant player. Pity for him that Luka and Kroos is world class.

Thanks. Appreciate the reply...

Great post! I would say Illaramendi is the most realistic of the three, because he's not playing regularly, and haven't been for years. It should also be mentioned that Sven Bender is a more realistic target than the three. He's also the one we've been most heaviky linked with. From the little I've seen of him he's more of a pure dm. A bit like Sandro, and has a similar injury record too...

I don't know how the subject got moved from Sven to Lars Bender. I've not seen one media link to the guy.

Mauricio Pochettino is having second thoughts about his prime target for the central midfield position - Borussia Dortmund star Sven Bender.

The 26-year-old has suffered numerous injuries in recent years and that has led Pochettino to consider other options.

Last season’s preferred pairing of Nabil Bentaleb and Ryan Mason have yet to start a Premier League match alongside one another so far this term, with Pochettino opting instead to field defender Eric Dier in a central role.

Apart from N'Jie, Tottenham's signings have all been in defence with Kevin Wimmer, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld joining the side.

However, only Alderweireld, who moved from Atletico Madrid for £11.5m, has played for the club in the Premier League so far, and he admitted after the draw with Stoke City last weekend that Spurs were lacking a defensive screen in midfield.

"At Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box - it makes it easier for defenders," he said.

Only now Poch realises that Sven Bender has suffered injury problems?

Mauricio Pochettino is having second thoughts about his prime target for the central midfield position - Borussia Dortmund star Sven Bender.

The 26-year-old has suffered numerous injuries in recent years and that has led Pochettino to consider other options.

Last season’s preferred pairing of Nabil Bentaleb and Ryan Mason have yet to start a Premier League match alongside one another so far this term, with Pochettino opting instead to field defender Eric Dier in a central role.

Apart from N'Jie, Tottenham's signings have all been in defence with Kevin Wimmer, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld joining the side.

However, only Alderweireld, who moved from Atletico Madrid for £11.5m, has played for the club in the Premier League so far, and he admitted after the draw with Stoke City last weekend that Spurs were lacking a defensive screen in midfield.

"At Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box - it makes it easier for defenders," he said.

Only now Poch realises that Sven Bender has suffered injury problems?

Why don't you give a source so we can ridicule this piece of "Journalism" properly

No wonder you did not include the link in your first post, the Standard for Christ sake the steps some fans go to have a dig at managers ;)

most copy and pastes automatically include the page link at the bottom, i know that happens with the Daily mail

just passing on an article, i thought it was relevant to this thread

I read on here a while back that Wanyama was the fallback option.
They'll never sell him. They've already sold Schneidelin. Why can't we just try to sign the players we want, and if we fail, we move on. What are we waiting for? Why would clubs drop the price of their first team players just because the tw is about to shut.

They'll never sell him. They've already sold Schneidelin. Why can't we just try to sign the players we want, and if we fail, we move on. What are we waiting for? Why would clubs drop the price of their first team players just because the tw is about to shut.
Often if the player is the subject of a lot of speculation the club will publicly consider them part of the first team, but in reality be preparing for life without them. For example; I'm not sure West Brom would have spent more than £20m on three new strikers if they weren't half expecting Berahino to leave for roughly that amount. So as the transfer window starts to close, those teams can find themselves with a "first team" player they actually need to offload in order to balance the books and keep the wage budget under control.

Not saying any of that applies to Wanyama (or that West Brom need to sell Berahino - I don't know what their finances are like). But that's a reason why player prices might fall a little bit on deadline day. Even those who are officially considered part of the first team.

I'd say in this situation (our need for a DM), the only players that will upgrade us already have reason's to stay at their respective clubs. Players like Illaramendi and Kramer might leave but only if we can convince them and things don't workout where they are (Leverkusen missing out on Champs League, Illaramendi falling to 4th choice at Real). They also know that they could go elsewhere so they wait to see what their options are before making a decision. If we are still there then it will be us, but if we move on and pick up a lesser player purely because we can integrate them quicker then we miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back