• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Que? Such a bizarre metric and a follow up response that I openly do not understand.

What relevance do Chelsea have in a discussion about top four?
i still see them as top four. you don't think its a rebuild and do you not expect them to be in the top four against with the wealth of young talent they have?

i still see them as top four. you don't think its a rebuild and do you not expect them to be in the top four against with the wealth of young talent they have?

You can see whoever as whatever you like but the top four changes pretty much every season as does the needs of the teams who comprise it.

Davies finished in the top four last season, as such he is a top four player. Chelsea won't finish in the top four so aren't a top four club - Hope this helps clear things up for you :D

I'd assess if the likes of man u, Emirates Marketing Project, Pool and Chelsea would want Davies in the squad. (we ought to be top five, not lower , given our spending m)

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
He is no worse than the back up at pool, and imo the first choice at Chelsea and city arguably… if you can work out who that is. So he would be in their squad for sure IMO

Best left wing back at the club

Played two good games there and then gets moved to left centre-back where he was really poor because of our lack of squad depth ( to avoid playing Sanchez or Tanganga) and we put a weaker player at left wing back in Perisic , which made the team weaker in two positions.
Couldn't believe conte made that decision it was a really poor decision by the manager.

Always gets labeled a ‘good squad player, not quite good enough for the big clubs’ but he’s coming towards 10 years of service and has seen off how many LB/LWB/LCB competitors?

His consistency and longevity make him the type of player that all teams need. The type of player Alex Ferguson thrived on.

Played two good games there and then gets moved to left centre-back where he was really poor because of our lack of squad depth ( to avoid playing Sanchez or Tanganga) and we put a weaker player at left wing back in Perisic , which made the team weaker in two positions.
Couldn't believe conte made that decision it was a really poor decision by the manager.
What was the alternative though
Play Sanchez CCB? He could have done that
Sanchez was fine when he came on via Milan

Always gets labeled a ‘good squad player, not quite good enough for the big clubs’ but he’s coming towards 10 years of service and has seen off how many LB/LWB/LCB competitors?

His consistency and longevity make him the type of player that all teams need. The type of player Alex Ferguson thrived on.

Exactly that, most teams have one TBF.

Also people often lump him in a bad performances as not good enough, but can never nail down regular his bad individual performances. He is a solid defender, shown that time and again for us and Wales. Others have been alot worse but he blatantly gets lumped in the not good enough pile to enhances the transfer strategy arguments

I've thought the same about him, the sort of player that Ferguson had in all his successful teams. Players like Darren Fletcher - a player none of would get have got excited about had we signed him - yet he played an important part in very successful United sides.

I've thought the same about him, the sort of player that Ferguson had in all his successful teams. Players like Darren Fletcher - a player none of would get have got excited about had we signed him - yet he played an important part in very successful United sides.

Spot on, all teams have players who are there and can be relied on to do a good job and Davies is one of them. It makes me laugh when some supporters look at players and criticise them when they are not as stand out as others in the team. I have watched football for a very long time and i have not see many teams that do not have players like Davies in the side.

I'd assess if the likes of man u, Emirates Marketing Project, Pool and Chelsea would want Davies in the squad. (we ought to be top five, not lower , given our spending m)

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Pool have Milner, so they don't need Davies. :p

Back