• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

It was a top down failure last week, that happens here.

Most of his career he’s 6/7 out of 10 player.

You get eleven players who do that every week and you’ll never lose.
Hey I’m fine with Ben Davies
But he has had some poor game and some brilliant ones
We need more consistency to win more games now

I think Perisics late cameo puts Davies at LWB for the foreseeable.

Seems like Perisic just likes to foul people these days. He’s a good player or at least he was. I won’t write him off but he definitely is on the bench with Davies lwb for the foreseeable as you said. I also think that this will help to unlock Son’s best form again.

Good game in circumstances that suited him. Not sure about him being ahead of Perisic at the moment, partly because of what Perisic brings in the final third, but also because I think he's a better LCB than Lenglet.

Very good to have Davies at LWB as an option though.

Not much has been made of Davies getting another call up at LWB.

It could be argued he was up against a pretty crap team in terms of threat but another solid performance, even if he didn't manage an assist to Royal today.

The guy is an intelligent footballer and we are lucky to have him at the club, top signing and from what I can see, he seems to be a top human being too.

Not wanting to make it a for/ against argument as such but I am realistically glad to see him get the nod over Perisic in the last two games....

Last edited:

It could be argued he was up against a pretty crap team in terms of threat but another solid performance, even if he didn't manage an assist to Royal today.

The guy is an intelligent footballer and we are lucky to have him at the club, top signing and from what I can see, he seems to be a top human being too.

Not wanting to make it a for/ against argument as such but I am realistically glad to see him get the nod over Perisic in the last two games....

Very much agree. For some games at least a better fit than Perisic. Really good player.

Think we'll see Perisic back in the starting lineup in the not too distant future.

Quality player

Often get lumped in the poor defender argument as guilt by association but he is far from it, he is a very very good pro

He has been very good in those games
Showing some pace that wasnt apparent at CB for sure

It's interesting, one of my main concerns with Conte is it seemed we needed WC WB's in both positions to make the system work.

But it seems Davies (with Richi in front of him) and Royal are starting to make it work

Again, always been a fan of Davies, but tonight showed up his shortcomings...he looked well off the pace, and simply nowhere near good enough for this level.
Udogi cant arrive quick enough.

Again, always been a fan of Davies, but tonight showed up his shortcomings...he looked well off the pace, and simply nowhere near good enough for this level.
He looks knackered in his defence
And he was playing CB tonight don’t forget, so not Udogie role
He also had a shocking player in front of him helping with nothing

Yes of course you're right, Davies is a good squad player nothing more.

I never get the "top four" quantification, especially in this case as he has frequently been a starter in teams that finish in the top four.
I'd assess if the likes of man u, Emirates Marketing Project, Pool and Chelsea would want Davies in the squad. (we ought to be top five, not lower , given our spending m)

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back