• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Decent squad player, but when you are relying on him to play almost every game then he is bound to let you down sooner or later and he’s basically cost us twice in a week now. We shouldn’t be in a situation where he is first choice, not his fault.

Behave. A lot of our problems are down to the guy who got top 4 in the 5/6 seasons he was here? Come on mate, that’s flimflam.

He kinda cost two very crucial goals in the last two games. A pro, but doesn't add much going forward, and isn't the best defensively.

His signings were terrible and we are now struggling to get rid of them.
Said it numerous times, great coach, terrible at signing players.

Can see the logic in signings like Ndombele and Lo Celso. He never had much chance to work with them. Other than that…for every Fazio, there’s a Son, for every Stambouli, there’s an Alderweireld. Poch is in no way responsible for our current predicament IMO.

Can see the logic in signings like Ndombele and Lo Celso. He never had much chance to work with them. Other than that…for every Fazio, there’s a Son, for every Stambouli, there’s an Alderweireld. Poch is in no way responsible for our current predicament IMO.

Most of the early Poch signings would have been the clubs with Poch acting as coach. It was the latter years when he wanted to control transfers.

Poch was DL's dream manager at the beginning. He'd take average players with potential and elevate them.

Last edited:
Most of the early Poch signings would have been the clubs with Poch acting as coach. It was the latter years when he wanted to control transfers.

Poch was DL's dream manager at the beginning. He'd take average players with potential and elevate them.

He spent the latter years saying he should be called Coach because he didn't have control of transfers

"Sell, buy players, sign contract, not sign contract - I think it is not in my hands, it's in the club's hands and (chairman) Daniel Levy," The Guardian quoted Pochettino as saying.

"The club need to change my title and description. Of course I am the boss deciding the strategic play, but in another area I don't know. Today, I feel like I am the coach."

Said during his last preseason after we had signed Jack Clarke & Ndombele.

Last edited:
He spent the latter years saying he should be called Coach because he didn't have control of transfers

Said during his last preseason after we had signed Jack Clarke & Ndombele.

Lets let's cut this Poch is to blake gonad*s right out of it

He might have not got everything he wanted, but there's no doubt his power increased through his tenure. At the beginning he was a coach with the club determining signings. At the end he was a manager who felt like a coach when he didn't get his way. That quote was maybe in relation to Clarke being loaned back to Leeds?

It is not about blaming Poch. Signings are made with the whole management team. You don't spend 60m without having everyone behind a transfer. The fallout from Poch - the biggest issue - was he elevated average players. Mourinho thought he was taking on players who were better than they were. Without Poch carefully bringing them on, they reverted to mean. Poch probably is attracted to these flawed genius players as he can sense the potential. But he needed different players to Ndombele and LoCelco who set him and us back in hindsight.

He might have not got everything he wanted, but there's no doubt his power increased through his tenure. At the beginning he was a coach with the club determining signings. At the end he was a manager who felt like a coach when he didn't get his way. That quote was maybe in relation to Clarke being loaned back to Leeds?

It is not about blaming Poch. Signings are made with the whole management team. You don't spend 60m without having everyone behind a transfer. The fallout from Poch - the biggest issue - was he elevated average players. Mourinho thought he was taking on players who were better than they were. Without Poch carefully bringing them on, they reverted to mean. Poch probably is attracted to these flawed genius players as he can sense the potential. But he needed different players to Ndombele and LoCelco who set him and us back in hindsight.

There certainly is doubting that when you take on board the quote i posted where he literally says he doesn't have control of transfers - the season before the clubs hands were tied with the costs of the stadium build whoch resulted in no signings so that's at least his last 2 seasons where he couldn't/didn't get what he would have wanted in the market.

There certainly is doubting that when you take on board the quote i posted where he literally says he doesn't have control of transfers - the season before the clubs hands were tied with the costs of the stadium build whoch resulted in no signings so that's at least his last 2 seasons where he couldn't/didn't get what he would have wanted in the market.

Come on. It was all about backing Poch that summer. Finally putting some money behind him. He could say some out-of-kilter things at times, and maybe he didn't get everything he wished for, but he was the manager and we spent 100m or more. What is it you think he didn't get that he wanted?

Come on. It was all about backing Poch. Finally putting some money behind him. He could say some out-of-kilter things and maybe he didn't get everything he wished for, but he was the manager and we spent 100m or more. What is it you think he didn't get that he wanted?

Backing in the transfer market on the targets he wanted and on the players he wanted to move on, obviously. Some/a lot of that is due to outside circumstances of the position the club was in wrt the stadium build/delay etc so I'm not just piling on the club, it was what it was, but you cannot just ignore or play down the quotes I posted from that summer, they are as clear and concise in their meaning as you can get.

Backing in the transfer market on the targets he wanted and on the players he wanted to move on, obviously. Some/a lot of that is due to outside circumstances of the position the club was in wrt the stadium build/delay etc so I'm not just piling on the club, it was what it was, but you cannot just ignore or play down the quotes I posted from that summer, they are as clear and concise in their meaning as you can get.

You could make the argument that the problems occurred when Poch took on more control of transfers. He wanted power but it clearly didn't end well.

You think the issue was the club didn't give him enough control of transfers? Not citing his one quote ad infinitum, just reading between the line.

Reading between the lines is what you do when there is no evidence or quotes that spell it out for you. Luckily i don't need to be doing that here.

Reading between the lines is what you do when there is no evidence or quotes that spell it out for you. Luckily i don't need to be doing that here.

In which case, you are saying that the club didn't give Poch enough control of transfers. Fair enough.

That's what Poch says, but you seem to think you know otherwise, based solely on his change of title it seems?

I think there was clearly tension there. At the beginning there wasn't a power struggle, and things worked well. As Poch became a great manager for us, he commanded more control of transfers. But he never had complete control, he never had absolute power. It worked better at the beginning imo.

Back