• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I thought it was very poor of our medical team to let him carry on after the keeper had clearly knocked him half way to Hades. Not worth it, just take him off, don't give him that decision to make when his brains are scrambled. I thought there were new rules about this sort of thing, a new test they perform, did they do it?

What the fudge was he doing playing for Wales?
How can they not be aware of Second Impact Syndrome and how vulnerable the brain is evens weeks after a concussion to a second impact.

The guy had a concussion on the 18th March. It was badly handled on the pitch. He should have went straight off no questions asked.
In rugby at even amateur level the guidelines are you take part in no physical activity for 14 days. Don't play for at least 21.

Its unfortunately going to take take some Muamba type incident to sort this out in Football. You'd think the threat of a future lawsuit would be enough.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has identified Tottenham and Wales defender Ben Davies as his “top” transfer target, according to a report.

The Sun has exclusively revealed that Davies “is wanted list for his ability and to keep within Premier League regulations”.

And while that may be a rather obvious line, Chelsea do need to pay attention to their home-grown numbers, with only six registered in their squad of 22.

Premier League rules state eight homegrown players have to be named in a club’s 25-man squad and the report suggests Conte knows he has to add to his homegrown contingent.

Davies, who will cost at least £20million, has been identified as a player who can play on the left side of a three-man defence that Conte favours.

The 23-year-old, who arrived at White Hart Lane from Swansea for £10million in July 2014, played in a back three for Wales at Euro 2016, while the Neath-born star can also play as a regular left-back.

Danny Rose is Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino’s preferred left-back and Davies, who has three years remaining on his Spurs deal, could become a subject of interest from Chelsea in January.

Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson and Burnley’s Michael Keane are also on Conte’s radar as the Italian prepares to replace John Terry, who is winding down his Blues career.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-defender-is-top-target-for-chelsea-boss-conte

If we sell to them, we should take them to the cleaners with the fee. That said after the Willan saga we should not be even considering dealing with those Nazis

I would not sell he is a very good left back, don't think we can get a better back up. IMO a much better defender than for instance Luke Shaw who can't defend.

What's going on here... this story, and then Ben Davies suddenly dropped for the game?

Yes it does seem odd. Conspiracy theories and all that but the timing is a bit suspect. I can't believe there's anything in it though. And nothing could happen until January in any case. Davies is a perfectly competent back up for Rose. Not the same player going forward but he is sound enough defensively.. I've been out of touch for a week or so, so have no idea how Davies has played in Rose's absence. But this seems like mischief making a best. If Poch didn't rate Davies then he would have been on the 'out' list this summer - and not to Cheatski - no way would we be considering helping them achieve their transfer aspirations.

I thought he did well when he came on, better than midweek when he looked rusty - like it was his game of the season or something! He'll get more adventurous as he beds in. He's competent going forward too once back in the rhythm of playing.

Poch wants to rotate the fullbacks v Gillingham imo, and ecause Rose is injured, he went with Vert today at left back.

Davies did well when he came on though. Solid pro.

Poch wants to rotate the fullbacks v Gillingham imo, and ecause Rose is injured, he went with Vert today at left back.

Davies did well when he came on though. Solid pro.

I don't know how to use the like button, all these daft conspiracy theories make you laugh.

Looks like he will be out for at least the next 3 league games with his ankle injury.
Sure but we have Rose.
Rose is one league booking away from a one match suspension.
Rose will do well to get through the West Ham game without getting a suspension for the Chelsea battle.

And Vertonghen, the only other choice at left back, is on 4 bookings too.

Looks like he will be out for at least the next 3 league games with his ankle injury.
Sure but we have Rose.
Rose is one league booking away from a one match suspension.
Rose will do well to get through the West Ham game without getting a suspension for the Chelsea battle.

And Vertonghen, the only other choice at left back, is on 4 bookings too.
The player that everybody here hates and apparently said he wanted to play instead of being on the bench (GHod forbid! How dare he!), and is now playing very good in Germany, was fantastic at left back . But we don't need players like that . . . . .

The player that everybody here hates and apparently said he wanted to play instead of being on the bench (GHod forbid! How dare he!), and is now playing very good in Germany, was fantastic at left back . But we don't need players like that . . . . .
Steady on. Not EVERYBODY hates him. He was brick in his last few games, and our Head Coach felt he didn't belong in the squad. Also, can you provide details of all the times he was fantastic at Left Back? I can remember one.

Back