• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
Plenty of time to improve as well if he's only 21, full backs don't tend to impress till 24/25 these days and even then it's usually in an attacking sense they catch the eye before getting better defensively

I can't believe that Davies is only 21! I thought he was at least 24.

Good signing for the fee, look forward to him holding aloft the Spurs shirt. I just hope that Chelsea don't use this as a green light to beat us to yet another player!! After all, they might decide that they need a new left back with Cole leaving.

BrVJ8aTIcAAtGF3.png

And what if you set it to "per game" filter or "per 90 metrics"?

Straight up numbers, when Davies has played 50% more games, doesn't really give a true picture (other than the Defensive Errors stat, which is very much in Davies' favour, having played more games).

And what if you set it to "per game" filter or "per 90 metrics"?

Straight up numbers, when Davies has played 50% more games, doesn't really give a true picture (other than the Defensive Errors stat, which is very much in Davies' favour, having played more games).

rose is ****..i imagine most left backs wold have beat him

rose is ****..i imagine most left backs wold have beat him

That's probably true.

But I'm interested in finding out how much better than **** Ben Davies really is.

If it's not by much, then we should be looking elsewhere.

That's probably true.

But I'm interested in finding out how much better than **** Ben Davies really is.

If it's not by much, then we should be looking elsewhere.

Well Rose is 24 and Davies is 21. So even if his stats were the same, Rose has 3 years of development and is only level with him, so you would imagine with good coaching, Davies will be better than Rose, even if his stats were the same, which it doesn't look like they will be.

Mirror is the least accurate paper out of all of British tabloids.. they have a scatter gun approach.. Say 50, get 2 right.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper_statistics.aspx

Saying that the link above shows they have improved.. or maybe the others are desperate and using more bullets and more ****e

I think the Mirror are one of the worst for making stupid links up like linking us to every young Belgian player, or players that happen to score in the world cup.

That's easy money for the tabloids, it sells papers.

This is a bit different though, to claim that the deal has been agreed is pretty much sticking their neck on the line. Does make me think the journo in question has some actual info and that the claim whether correct or not, isn't just based on nothing.

Dont have strong opinions on Davies however think we all agree that LB is a priority so good to see that, if this is true, MP agrees and is getting in someone who he presumably rates. Also will be good to ahve him in early so that he can bed in - we often do too much business too late in teh window

Well Rose is 24 and Davies is 21. So even if his stats were the same, Rose has 3 years of development and is only level with him, so you would imagine with good coaching, Davies will be better than Rose, even if his stats were the same, which it doesn't look like they will be.

Doesn't necessarily work like that.

Firstly, Rose didn't come through as a full back. He was always a midfielder until he started playing occasionally for the first team. If Davies has always played at full back, then you might expect him to be further advanced in his development in that position.

Secondly, Davies has had a very solid run of games since he broke into the first team at Swansea two years ago. Danny Rose has never had a solid run of games anywhere other than at Sunderland. And he ended up as their player of the year that season. In all, Danny Rose has only played 20 more league games at first team level than Ben Davies. And he has actually played 7 games fewer at Premier League level. And definitely fewer at full back.

That's not to say that Danny Rose is good or that he is likely to improve. It's just that I'd like to see how Ben Davies compares on a per game basis and whether he is genuinely much better than Danny Rose. If he isn't, then he isn't good enough for us.

Back