• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
Re: Poll - Ben Davies

Closed until he has put pen to paper*.

*when will you people learn?

Have I got this right? We are signing Davies and Vorm and its costing us £3.5m and Sigurdsson? Sounds like a good deal to me

yes if that is the deal then it is very good for us, potentially of course. a strong 2nd choice GK and a new first choice LB all for a midfield player surplus to requirements and 3.5 mil on top.

Why are we signing a goalkeeper of Vorm's quality as a second choice when Lloris has just signed a 5-year deal?
On paper it's great for us as I think he is a top keeper; but why would HE choose to come to us to act as Lloris' understudy??

Also, is it worrying that Swansea have effectively sold him in favour of Flappyhandski??:eek:

Why are we signing a goalkeeper of Vorm's quality as a second choice when Lloris has just signed a 5-year deal?
On paper it's great for us as I think he is a top keeper; but why would HE choose to come to us to act as Lloris' understudy??

Also, is it worrying that Swansea have effectively sold him in favour of Flappyhandski??:eek:

You answered your own question... He will be second choice at Swansea anyway; which would you prefer, second choice to that reject from the scum or else to Lloris, probably with a clear commitment to play in Europa League games?

As to the worrying part: we once sold Pat Jennings and kept Barry Daines.... nuff said.

You answered your own question... He will be second choice at Swansea anyway; which would you prefer, second choice to that reject from the scum or else to Lloris, probably with a clear commitment to play in Europa League games?

As to the worrying part: we once sold Pat Jennings and kept Barry Daines.... nuff said.

Thats how I see it too. Might get to play 4 or 5 cup games at Swansea, could get an extra 8/10 or even more cup games with us

But why is Vorm all of a sudden second choice at Swansea?
Makes no sense o me, considering that it's Flappyhandski that has deposed him; I just don't get it

Could it not be the case that Vorm has actually become really crap?? Crap enough to be behind Flappyhandski??

I would take the gamble that he hasnt regressed that much, if at all. Better 2nd choice than an up-and-coming Archer and another-year-older Friedel

2 years ago, he was one of the best keepers in the league. Hopefully Lloris can learn how to kick and throw like him.

[video=youtube;FhkYa0WeQkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhkYa0WeQkA[/video]
[video=youtube;sSIRyEtTOtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSIRyEtTOtQ[/video]

Last edited:
Could be two reasons for Vorms exit IMO

1. Has one year left on his contract... and doesn't wish to sign a new deal because he fell out over beoming second fiddle last year, which could be another reason he became second fiddle of course.

2. Could be a Moutinho/Rodriguez situation whereby Vorm's previous club has claim to any future transfer, thus Swansea hiding any true value in a multi player deal.

2. Could be a Moutinho/Rodriguez situation whereby Vorm's previous club has claim to any future transfer, thus Swansea hiding any true value in a multi player deal.

Thats a good point actually

Found the following

Utrecht hoping Swansea sell Arsenal, QPR target Vorm

Utrecht are watching Michel Vorm's situation closely at Swansea City.

The Dutch goalkeeper has been linked with Arsenal and QPR since the end of last season.

Utrecht general manager Wilco van Schaik has revealed the financially-struggling Eredivisie side have a huge 30% sell-on clause for the highly-rated stopper.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-arsenal-qpr-target-vorm-3231511#.U8w1pLHIz30

We could be planning for the 15/16 season. Would not be surprised if a release clause of some sort has been negotiated in his new contract that is likely to be triggered next summer if certain aims are not met this season. Signing a long-term contract means nothing these days. In fact, it all seems rather ominous when a player that is in serious demand at a less fancied club signs a new deal, of late it often seems to suggest that a transfer out the club is looming. Two similar cases that spring to mind are Bale and now Suarez.

Hopefully i'm wrong and this doesn't pan out the same way.

Back