• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Battlefield 3 Thread

Is there any single player value in BF3?

Short answer: no.

This seems to be the trend for most of the warfare shooters... best save your appetite for a game like the new Bioshock if you're looking for a good single-player campaign.

Cheers Papa, a shame but I'll save my money then.

It's been the awful trend for first-person shooters of the past 3-4 years or so to deliver half-assed campaigns with intelligence-insulting plotlines and sub-par gameplay. The real draw of games like BF and CoD these days is the multiplayer, where the vast majority of time is spent.
So while you won't get your money's worth from the single-player alone, I've gotten my money's worth a hundred times over from the multiplayer. The Battlefield franchise has been traditionally multiplayer with its trademark large, open maps and vehicular combat. You're only sampling a small slice of the pie by playing only the single-player.

Stopped playing BF3 and went back to COD after BLOPS2 was released. Sorry peeps, but for me COD is just a much more enjoyable game and does multi so much better. Especially since it tweaked the killstreaks to make them scorestreaks

Its horses for courses I spose mate. To be fair they are two very different games that share few similarities hence why most people tend to prefer one or the other. For me COD is an all out arcade style shooter, fast paced and frantic... I enjoyed this for quite a while until the games started going stale. Although Ive not played BLOPS2, and I probably wont, I cant see a great deal of change from one game to the next.

Battlefield is a different rythem. I dont like to say slower as it can be fast and frantic too, but there is really such thing as "a quick game" of Battlefield. Also its not all about who gets the most kills but whos the best team player... Thats not everyones style of course.

I've recently been playing the old maps mainly tho as I think the original ones were the best. Dont get me wrong some of the new maps are fantastic but cant beat a game of RUSH on Metro

I loved Bad Company 2 and 1943 though, I really think DICE blew out the magic touch they had with their previous games, maybe I just don't like the frostbite 2 engine as much

I loved Bad Company 2 and 1943 though, I really think DICE blew out the magic touch they had with their previous games, maybe I just don't like the frostbite 2 engine as much

BF1942 will always be a classic. Spent so much time trolling/getting trolled by people with vehicles. I can't think of many other games that gave me such a good laugh either... there's just something about seeing a fully laden humvee driving off the cliff's edge in Damavand Peak or a chopper (also filled to the brim) taking off, only for it to be smashed into the side by a friendly jet. So yeah, the stupid teammates are pretty much a staple of the game (or any game for that matter).

Personally, I love the direction the series has taken. In fact, my only gripe is that I don't think the environments are destructible enough. Some buildings just won't go down, and while I understand there needs to be some constraints in place, it can be slightly immersion-breaking.

Just think the maps are too sparsely populated on the console. Sometimes you'd be buggering about for ages before you actually found another person.

The maps that are more frantic are the smaller ones, but then it feels more like COD anyway.

I think the official BF4 announcement (we all know it is coming) will be happening at the same time as when the PS4 is announced later today.
Also, BF3 will be going on sale so if you haven't picked it up yet, now might be a good time to do so.

Back