• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Battlefield 3 Thread

Thought they were joking/trolling with the "press F5" suggestion but that was what actually fixed the problem lol. Cool now I can get UK servers agian :)

GG is back minus a few pages... But nothing major missing from this thread really. Just my take on the CQ map pack.

So I'll just put the Premium excluse video up to do all the talking;

[video=youtube;09UtKC6I7uA] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09UtKC6I7uA[/video]

Been playing it alot the last couple days. Really like the new maps and especially one of the 2 new modes "Conquest Domination".
Very fast and sometimes quite chaotic gameplay at times but also can really rack up some xp points on this.
I've ranked up twice and compleyed 2 of the new assignments plus 2 medals just playing this mode.
I said that the new maps only support 32v32 from what I had seen and based on their size... Turns out i was wrong as I've since played on 48v48 and 64v64 matchs. But warning: that amount of players on these tight maps is just pure chaos. Spawn/die/spawn/die/spawn/die/etc. If your lucky you may get a kill. Stick to 16v16 or maybe 32v32 at a push.

Also next map pack is only a couple months away (september) and rumours are this will be huge vehicle based maps to ballance out from the infrantry based CQ maps. No news on the other 2 map packs tho

I'd make my dinosaur joke again but it was too much like hard work the first time.

dinosaurs.jpg

I finally got around to getting Premium, quickly played two of the new maps...
All I can conclude is that people suck at this game. The first time I was playing a map, I was in second place on my team. I haven't played in months either. Pathetic ;)

Seriously though, the maps were not as cramped as I thought they'd be and they are stunning, with shafts of light piercing my eyes and debris flying in all directions.
We don't get any new weapons from the get-go, right? All need to be unlocked through assignments? I still have a bunch of B2K ones I need to unlock...

I finally got around to getting Premium, quickly played two of the new maps...
All I can conclude is that people suck at this game. The first time I was playing a map, I was in second place on my team. I haven't played in months either. Pathetic ;)

Seriously though, the maps were not as cramped as I thought they'd be and they are stunning, with shafts of light piercing my eyes and debris flying in all directions.
We don't get any new weapons from the get-go, right? All need to be unlocked through assignments? I still have a bunch of B2K ones I need to unlock...

Yeah all assignments im afraid mate... I unlocked the L86A2 fairly quickly along with the one above it (forgotten... ACR? Cant remember). The Premium assignments are only dogtags which is dissapointing but hope they add more later.
Yep maps are suprisingly spaceous especially when you can blow holes in the walls to make new routes and flank the opposition. Adds a more frantic but fun aspect to the BF3 gameplay and I welcome it.
Currently have my server search set up to only CQ maps at the mo

Double XP this weekend. Already squeezed a couple games in this morning before my busy day.

One thing im noticing and not liking tho is the growing number of people with shotguns on these new maps. They are still, for me, too overpowered and im often getting 1 shot killed despite firing several shots back at the enemy! Extremely frustrating and im hoping its not a trend we'll start seeing in the CQ maps.
Hopefully some servers with a "no shotguns" rule as you often find ones with "no rpg/c4" etc.

I don't have much experience with the shotguns. Should be a fun new set of weapons to learn, especially in these tight spaces. Still haven't gotten on much of BF3, but a bunch of us should link up and cause some havoc this weekend.

I don't have much experience with the shotguns. Should be a fun new set of weapons to learn, especially in these tight spaces. Still haven't gotten on much of BF3, but a bunch of us should link up and cause some havoc this weekend.

Forget my earlier rant... Shotguns are fun especially on these maps! Just not fun being on the recieving end. I'll be on most of tomorrow (wednesday is game days as the misus goes to her mums) might try squeeze couple hrs at the weekend too tho

Gonna be on Battlefield for most of this afternoon (after I've done all the boring stuff like shopping) so if anyone fancies a game and hasnt added me yet my tag is edgey642 and im on PC (if you hadnt guessed).

Got work.... still haven't tried all the new maps yet but I really want to rampage with my new gun Shotty Parker

Got work.... still haven't tried all the new maps yet but I really want to rampage with my new gun Shotty Parker

Yes, start off with DAO as it's fully auto and holds 12 rounds fires fairly quickly too. Most people will cal you "DAO Noob" just like they do with Famas, RPG, Claymores, etc. But fudge em!! Not really tried any other shottys but only a few pistol kills away from unlocking the SPAS!!! (CQ assignment). Never been one for Shottys in games, love precision bursts or full auto room spray!! Don't really use pistols either. Gonna start exploring more of the unused weapons in my collection. Need to get a service star for both my Support and Recon class now!

Will be on in an hour or so if anyone does fancy a tare up??

I tried playing for more than half an hour last night and it was pretty fun. The new gunmaster mode is a lot of fun and pretty different from all the other modes. It's great for people like me who don't use handguns or shotguns too often, but since everyone starts on a level playing field, it gives you the opportunity to rack up the kills with those weapons. Granted, last night was the first time I've ever played this mode and the new maps and I was still getting close to winning (I always manage to bottle it at the end with the sniper rifles). Just unlocked the SPAS-12 so I'll definitely be playing around with that.

The maps themselves do offer a ton of destruction. As I run around them, I pretty much want to shoot everything just to see how much debris I can make. The problem is I never have a second to stop and admire my handiwork... too busy dodging bullets.

Didn't someone post a huge guide to this a while back or was it lost in the server crash?

Only just set up my PS3 in my new flat, been 6 months since I turned it on. Looking forward to a good session.

Guide?.... shoot everyone with a red dot above their head.

but yeah i think the guide was lost in the crash, not sure who posted it

It was me...
Maybe I'll write up something for the new CQ expansion since it's more catered to infantry fights in close corridors. I guess I have to spend more time playing it to get a better feel before I write this guide...

It was me...
Maybe I'll write up something for the new CQ expansion since it's more catered to infantry fights in close corridors. I guess I have to spend more time playing it to get a better feel before I write this guide...

Double XP all week i believe!? Crazy

Back