• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Battlefield 3 Thread

Yeah great for leveling up. I was on one that had friendly fire turned on and no rules against the use of RPG or M320!! I had to quit the game it was that ridiculous!

How ironic that having friendly fire on makes the game more retarded when it's supposed to be more realistic and hard core. I always just wonder, "What do these suckasses waste their time with this game for?" It's one thing when you're not playing well and aren't causing your team harm, but it's a whole other when you're 3-20 on the Attacking team and you're a liability to the team.

How ironic that having friendly fire on makes the game more retarded when it's supposed to be more realistic and hard core. I always just wonder, "What do these suckasses waste their time with this game for?" It's one thing when you're not playing well and aren't causing your team harm, but it's a whole other when you're 3-20 on the Attacking team and you're a liability to the team.

The worst use of FF is on TDM! Whats the point of having FF turned on in team death match coz i really can't see why? It's just a hindrance more than anything, especially if you have one of those players you mentioned who are 3-20 and keep team killing! Plus some games (thankfully rarely) you'll get some complete bellend who finds it "funny" to go round teamkilling!!

I don't mind having FF turned on in some matches... Mainly conquest. It limits noobtubers atleast

Lately, I've been having some annoying crashes. I can sometimes see it coming up (chat stops working, weird glitches), but it happens often enough now to really annoy me. Since I put BF3 on the backburner a bit lately, I'm not sure when these crashes started happening. Probably after the patch from a few weeks ago. Also, I've seen this crash come up regardless of nvidia or ati.

Any other PC users experienced this before?

Lately, I've been having some annoying crashes. I can sometimes see it coming up (chat stops working, weird glitches), but it happens often enough now to really annoy me. Since I put BF3 on the backburner a bit lately, I'm not sure when these crashes started happening. Probably after the patch from a few weeks ago. Also, I've seen this crash come up regardless of nvidia or ati.

Any other PC users experienced this before?

I experienced something similar on BF: Bad Company 2! Had to stop playing after a while coz i was getting blue screen hard crash and when i looked it up online i found many people were getting the same crash but no one really had a solid solution... Some things worked for some but not everyone. A shame as BF: BC2 was decent online but can't play it now till i find a cure to these crashes.

Hope u find a solution soon, i haven't had any crashes as yet and hope i don't. Was worried id get the same ones i got on BC2 but luckily so far so good. Have you searched online yet? Usually find a BF3 forum there'll no doubt be someone else with the same issue unless its a hardware issue?

Just had 2 absolutely shocking matches... So much so i had to turn it off!
One was TDM 1000 ticket on "canals".... Was literally spawn/die/spawn/die/spawn/die. Went 24-43 on that game (the leader was 138-34 or something... But was something fishy bout his gameplay, possible Aimbot hacker). Then i played the dreaded SQDM, went 14-23, was doing reasonably well then just went to pieces towards the end. Was only playing to get a few more PDW ribbons as i now only need 2 more for the medal. Think I'll stick to Conquest for a while atleast

I don't even bother with TDM... I have to scrounge up a few SQDM victories to finally get that assignment, but at the very least, those games do tend to end quickly.

Sooner or later, I want to write up a vehicle guide. There's lots of great videos out there, but sometimes you see the actions of the player without the reasoning behind the maneuvers. Being in a jet often gives you a lot to think about at any given moment, and the least of those worries should be figuring out how to even turn the freaking thing around.

Yeah i just fancied a change of pace plus was looking to earn a few more weapon proficiency ribbons and TDM is the best place to do this, seeing as you need 7 kills per ribbon for each weapon type.

But anyway had 2 much better matches today, on Conquest nonetheless. Nothing amazing, finished mid table on my teams leaderboard on both and only got single figure kills... But had a good run in the Attack Heli, bagging a jet kill and 2 infantry kills ;) also the guy who co-piloted on the machine gun commented how good my flying was :) a first! Think that co-op mission with the Heli really helps.
Attempted some jet flying, but as usual i suck at it lol... Still haven't unlocked flares uet so don't las too long once in the air, certainly not long enough to get the hang of flying one.

Oh and i also got a 373m headshot last night! And again today i got a 307m one! Was rather chuffed with those as my sniping skills certainty have room for improvement! Finally unlocked the MAV so will have to try that out soon too

I've gotten a few in the half-kilometer range. Since my cousin almost exclusively snipes (again, that's why my recon percentage is ridiculously high compared to other classes), he bagged a ~630m kill. I think it was off the carrier in Kharg Island.

The MAV is one of my favorite tools. There's a reason they called it Recon, not Sniper. They have a lot of useful tools up their sleeves that really aid a team, oftentimes outweighing the importance of sniping.
I believe the key to sniping is finding one gun that you really like (M98B, drool) in tandem with a particular scope, usually the 8x or 12x ballistic scope. This way, you get a feel for how much the bullet drops at certain distances. When counter-sniping, I usually hide behind a rock/tree/piece of cover, whip out my MAV and try to find my mark. If they're a newb sniper, they will generally make it easy for you to paint the wall behind them red.

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy flying vehicles more. I hardly remember how frustrating the jets were at first (except the new vertical take-off ones from B2K... that one blows). I feel right at home in one and there's ways to survive without flares, but it requires daring flying. I've had some pretty funny crashes, and I've had some weird, glitchy crashes where my jet bounces off the ground or clips something on the battlefield, but I take no damage and just slightly change course. All in the name of entertainment!

So yeah, I'll try to write up a concise vehicle guide, just with tips, no prose.

Yeah see what you mean by the recon class. It does have some pretty cool unlocks, and I'll be honest... I've not done a great deal of Sniping to unlock them. Alot of the time I'll equip the PP19 just to level up quicker. I got the 373m headshot with the M39 EMR (unlocked via Co-op I believe) but not tried the M98B yet. Wanna unlock the L96 which I'm not far from now. But 630m kill is damn impressive!!!

Yeah the jump jets on B2K are a nightmare to control, asif the jets aint hard enough at the mo... do you use Mouse/Keyboard or a pad? I love the Mouse/Keyboard controls on a Heli and feel really confident flying them now, was getting some real low flying inbetween buildings on one match. But I've leveled my Attack Heli up just as much as the Main battle tanks!

Look forward to your vehicle guide. There'll be some who'll prob benefit alot from it, myself included

Tried the MAV yesterday.... Gonna take some getting used to trying to fly that thing! Had a fairly decent match on Conquest, was getting spanked 2-11 KD but pulled it back to 20-19 to finish and earned over 4000xp, although it was a 1000 ticket game. Was a bit too vehicle heavy tho, alot of my deaths were by M1 Abrams or BTV!

Ok gonna list a few weapons I'd love to see in the next BF3 expansion:

The SA80 (L85) "mini me"

31sa80a2k_2.jpg

The SA80 (L86) LSW (Light Support Weapon)

L86.jpg

The GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun)

gpmg.jpg

The Kriss Super V

sbr-eupv.jpg

continued due to image per post limit....

The M200 Chey Tac Sniper Rifle

ares-m200-cheytac-intervention-gas-sniper-rifle-black-clip.jpg

The XM8 Assualt Rifle

ScalGum_XM8od.jpg

The Magnum .44 Desert Eagle

k226296_loaded-desert-eagle-web.jpg

I kinda have a chubby

That holo'd out desert eagle looks like it would put a hole in a tank!

Haha yeah, suprised tho there isn't a Deagle already in the game? Thought it was standard for a modern warfare or shooter to have one these days lol

Haha they whine bout everything, "tank newb", "rpg newb", "m320 newb", even had "Famas newb"! Can't fudging win lol

Haha they whine bout everything, "tank newb", "rpg newb", "m320 newb", even had "Famas newb"! Can't fudging win lol

[video=youtube;PlLlUE0xmBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLlUE0xmBU[/video]

Has this been posted before? if not, enjoy. epic, epiiiiiiiic meltdowns!

[video=youtube;PlLlUE0xmBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLlUE0xmBU[/video]

Has this been posted before? if not, enjoy. epic, epiiiiiiiic meltdowns!

No not seen that before, the guys a dingdong but some funny rage's! I'm glad my mic on my PC doesn't work at the mo with some of the brick i come out with... Been kicked from servers begore for what i type in the chat box tho lol.
Altho nothing as bad as that kid who screams "what daaaaa, what daaaa fudge!" haha

I had such a raging boner the first time I saw that and he's a real GHod damn hero. But I also think you need to be on drugs to do brick like that.

Back