• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barton gets record ban - 12 games

He didnt get 12 games for 1 thing though. 4 games for the red card, 4 games for the kick, 4 games for the headbutt. About right.

the ban is correct, but as has been said his crimes are nothing compared to Suarez so I feel a little for him,he may be a scumbag but at least he doesn't claim otherwise

I respect his honesty about the incident as well, we've all played sat/sun league, that's rule number one, get a red card and you try and get someone else off behind you

I think Barton is brilliant. Takes no brick from anyone and reacts immediately to tacos. I love him.

I've heard that one of the problems qpr have is he is on high wages. What club is going to take a player who will miss 12 games to start the season(and likely more as it goes on & he resorts to his usual c***ishness), is toxic to a dressing room and who is likely to be a club's top earner? I'm sure Hughes would love to be shut of him, but where?

Seems a bit harsh. Banned for 1/3 of the season or not much. I think the press and pundits overreaction stitched him up as much as anything else.

Joey Barton punched in the face outside Garlands nightclub in Liverpool

QPR midfielder Joey Barton has been attacked outside a nightclub in Liverpool, Merseyside Police have confirmed.

Police were called to Eberle Street in Liverpool's city centre at about 05.30 on Monday morning following reports of a disturbance outside the Garlands nightclub.

Barton, 29, was confirmed to have been injured in the attack in which he was punched in the face, but voluntarily left the scene.

Two 21-year-olds are being held on suspicions of a public order offence and are in custody.

Barton has been involved in violence in Liverpool in the past, and spent 77 days in prison in 2008 after being found guilty of common assault and affray during an incident in the city in December 2007.

He will serve a 12-game suspension at the beginning of the 2012/13 Premier League season for hitting out at several Emirates Marketing Project players after being sent off in QPR's final game of the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9310181/Joey-Barton-punched-in-the-face-outside-Garlands-nightclub-in-Liverpool.html

=D>

Back