• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barclays Bank Busted

I changed from Barclays to Natwest two weeks ago - sods law Natwest fudges up royally and now Barclays fudge up royally.

Wanna know why I changed from Barclays to Natwest? Because Barclays broke FSA rule about Continuous Payment Authority. I asked them to cancel a certain CPA regarding a magazine subscription and they didnt do it. I even fudgein sent them the FSA regulations yet they came back with a "you can get it back on Visa chargeback it is not our policy to cancel CPA". Hopefully the fudgein ****s get fined even more so.

I changed from Barclays to Natwest two weeks ago - sods law Natwest fudges up royally and now Barclays fudge up royally.

Wanna know why I changed from Barclays to Natwest? Because Barclays broke FSA rule about Continuous Payment Authority. I asked them to cancel a certain CPA regarding a magazine subscription and they didnt do it. I even fudgein sent them the FSA regulations yet they came back with a "you can get it back on Visa chargeback it is not our policy to cancel CPA". Hopefully the fudgein ****s get fined even more so.

This could cost them big time.

This could cost them big time.

It will cost other banks too. To be honest Banks like Barclays think they are a law unto themselves. The FSA is not doing enough to crackdown on these ****s. My example related to a regulation that was passed in circa 2009 yet the banks havent implemented them. It shouldnt take three years to crackdown on them ****s.

You make recommendations and impose regulations on them and you FOLLOW IT UP you dont just communicate the importance and THATS IT. The FSA have to do more.

Im hoping this will kickstart that but very much doubt it.

Luckily I'm with HSBC who rarely seem to be in the news for wrong reasons like the other banks.

I've just blagged an HSBC premier account from them so I'm going to switch everything over to them now. Biggest mission is moving your direct debits, not sure I trust the banks to do it on my behalf.

HSBC are being linked with this story as well as with a few others.

Luckily I'm with HSBC who rarely seem to be in the news for wrong reasons like the other banks.

They are in the brick as well.

They were mis-selling the PPI, sub-prime loans etc....it's just that they are so fudging massive and make most of their money in Asia these days they haven't be as badly effected.

TBH, to let the economy recover we need the banks, to continue to put them over ones knee and give them a spanking isn't helping anyone.

Yes they are ****s, but who are the biggest ****s if they all collapse because we/media don't let them recover.

I've just blagged an HSBC premier account from them so I'm going to switch everything over to them now. Biggest mission is moving your direct debits, not sure I trust the banks to do it on my behalf.

HSBC are being linked with this story as well as with a few others.

Blagged the account?

You'll have it free and then they'll start charging. I'm with Barclays Premier.......I pay for the Premier Life package as its good value, Green Flag, Worldwide Annual Travel Insurance, Legal Advice, Preferential rates on loans and a personal banker, plus a hotline that rings and picks up straight away.....it's decent....but there's no such thing as a free lunch!

TBH, to let the economy recover we need the banks, to continue to put them over ones knee and give them a spanking isn't helping anyone.

Yes they are ****s, but who are the biggest ****s if they all collapse because we/media don't let them recover.

The BoE has pumped in £300 billion and the ****s still wont lend.

Just create a National Entrepreneurs Bank and fudge these cretins off.........they have zero appetite for risk anyway!! Try getting a mortgage without a 40% deposit.

I agree that we need them to lend, but TIME AND TIME AGAIN they keep taking the tinkle. They've learned NOTHING since 2007, it's all a get rich quick mentality in banks, they don't give a fudge about 1-2 or even 5 year strategies and a long term view, it's all about make as much money as possible, by any means possible...and fudge teh law and the consequences!

These clowns should be fired and banged up, not 'subject to disciplinary action'.

White collar crime is just as bad as a street mugging IMO.

To add, as a bank I've never had any complaints with Barclays....but that's because I've actually got money and so they're falling over themselves to try and lend to me as i'm low risk.

If there is sufficient evidence then yeah take criminal preceedings, but doing so that a bank collapses, especialy Barclays is the wrong move, alot of pension money is tied into alot of these banks. Persoanlly, I think the govening bodies who are watching the banks are the real culprits for letting this brick happen, simalar to the other day when Moody downgraded, if Moody was watching close enough, 2007 would have been avoided, but there employees were probably too knee deep in caviar and bollinger to even notice.

Classic comment from somebody in the audience on question time the other day

He said, "So hang on, the banks failed and we pumped billions into them. So we cover their debts, they don't lend to our businesses, and they take the profits."

"So why didn't we just create a new bank, specifically setup to lend to our businesses, AND WE take the profits"

Good point

Back