• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Do you know what kind of club Academica are and what kind of situation they were in?

Yes they were fighting relegation he took them to safety. How many good teams are there in that league? 3? In a league of 16. He took them to 11th. Good IMO but not great. My point is there is so much hyperbole attached to this guy.

In which case, how qualified do you feel to dismiss his victories over there. If more than "very little", why?

You misunderstand me . I am not dismissing his victories at all. I just don't think you can extrapolate from them evidence that he should not have been sacked by us or that he would have been a success given time. But many people will try to do that over the coming months I'm sure.

Last edited:
You misunderstand me . I am not dismissing his victories at all. I just don't think you can extrapolate from them evidence that he should not have been sacked by us or that he would have been a success given time. But many people will try to do that over the coming months I'm sure.

In reverse you can't extrapolate that he wouldn't have been a success given time

Hopefully Andre' managerial style gets the best out of, that fellow former North London record breaker, Andrei Arshavin...

@paddypower: VIDEO: It's Andre Villas Boas looking wistful and posing in a tweed jacket, not a Gilet in sight: http://pdy.pr/OxiJYk
[tweet]457455128455696386[/tweet]

@br_uk: Zenit Release Bizarre Arty Video of Andre Villas Boas Photoshoot Watch: http://bit.ly/1i47yXU #thfc #avb

[video=youtube;dDMYAd7pvdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMYAd7pvdk[/video]

Last edited:
Villas-Boas breaks Russian record with another win for Zenit

Former Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has done wonders since taking over at Zenit St Petersburg.

Was sacking Andre Villas-Boas the right move from Tottenham Hotspur? It seemed so at the time. The club let him go in December last year after losing 5-0 to Liverpool - but the reality was that the Portuguese manager had lost the fans.

So letting him go was perhaps the best option - however he is now proving his worth once again away from the poisoned chalice that was the Premier League.

The former Porto boss took charge of Zenit St Petersburg of Russia in March after Italian coach Luciano Spaletti was given the boot.

And his time in Russia has gone from comfortable, to impressive, to sensational in just six games.

AVB watched his side win again yesterday - defeating Volga and staying top of the league in the process.

But the 2-0 victory was also his sixth win in his sixth game in charge of the club.

Zenit have now beaten Krylya Sovetov, Amkar Perm, Rubin Kazan, Krasnodar, Anzhi Makhachkala and now Volga leaving AVB with an outstanding 100% record since taking over.

His record of six in six is also a record - nobody has ever started a managerial career in Russia with such a streak.

Tottenham won yesterday - but the season has been a disappointment in the long run.

But you just wonder what would have transpired had Spurs given AVB the time to fulfil his vision.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...als-former-tottenham-boss-soars-as-spurs-toi/

---------------------------------------

It is nice to see AVB doing well now, albeit outside England. Really wish Levy had let AVB stay on until the end of this season. Afterall, what did we achieve by sacking AVB ? Nothing !

I wish him all the best over there and I hope it works out for him but no matter how well he does there, it won't change the fact that he left Spurs because of broken relationships behind the scenes and that it was the right thing for all concerned for him to go.

I still can't believe AVB took that job in that league. CL + big money to spend are obviously more important to him than rebuilding his managerial career with a decent team in Italy, Spain, France or Germany (assuming he'd had it with England).

He'd have got a job somewhere like Hamburg, Bordeaux, Parma, Valencia or whatnot - all big clubs in the doldrums. Why not grind his reputation back up, and challenge himself, through those good domestic leagues?

I sense he just thinks he belongs in that top tier of elite Galactico coaches who care more about CL than the domestic league they're in, and spend Monopoly money on mercenaries to get the job done. I do find that whole mode of thinking rather nauseating.

I was disappointed when we sacked him - although I hated the way he was running the team - but with each passing day I'm more glad he's not at Spurs any more. Even if his bloody 4-2-3-1 goes on to conquer the world I don't care. Well rid.

I still can't believe AVB took that job in that league. CL + big money to spend are obviously more important to him than rebuilding his managerial career with a decent team in Italy, Spain, France or Germany (assuming he'd had it with England).

He'd have got a job somewhere like Hamburg, Bordeaux, Parma, Valencia or whatnot - all big clubs in the doldrums. Why not grind his reputation back up, and challenge himself, through those good domestic leagues?

I sense he just thinks he belongs in that top tier of elite Galactico coaches who care more about CL than the domestic league they're in, and spend Monopoly money on mercenaries to get the job done. I do find that whole mode of thinking rather nauseating.

I was disappointed when we sacked him - although I hated the way he was running the team - but with each passing day I'm more glad he's not at Spurs any more. Even if his bloody 4-2-3-1 goes on to conquer the world I don't care. Well rid.

There's a lot of money to be had in being in that group of coaches who swap jobs every couple of years, although it does suggest that he is settling for a fat bank balance over meaningful trophies

i'm sure the money helps but lets not forget he has some friends there already and he had nothing else to do with his time, plenty of managers give themselves a break then get forgotten about and don't get another chance, might just be he was desperate to get back so took the first offer

i'm sure the money helps but lets not forget he has some friends there already and he had nothing else to do with his time, plenty of managers give themselves a break then get forgotten about and don't get another chance, might just be he was desperate to get back so took the first offer

It doesn't really fit with all the talk of "projects" that accompanied his time with us.

not at all, but maybe working with Levy opened his eyes to that naivety

its a shame its gone that way but there few chairman willing to ride through a rough patch anymore

not at all, but maybe working with Levy opened his eyes to that naivety

its a shame its gone that way but there few chairman willing to ride through a rough patch anymore

I suspect that he has just decided to cash in whilst he can.

Back