• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Press Conference

Hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahha.......

Durham just said West Ham should go for Harry, and if they get him, they will finish above us with AVB.

Hahahahahahahahah!

Lol.....how many different WUM angles??

Just the biggest fail ever.

I want to see him tortured

I think you're just trying to convince yourself it is on.

No.

Like most of us, I've heard too many people in involved in football say one thing to a journalist one day and do the precise opposite the day after.

I'm also not someone to rush to a judgement on the basis of a tweet that contains no quotes. But maybe I'm alone in that?

because a goalkeepers responsibility is an 18 yard box. A right winger or any outfield player for that matter is free to move around a giant sized football pitch (including the 18 yard box may i add) so naturally they're going to have more freedom and given more in depth instructions by the manager. As i said before, i think a mangers instruction to a "sweeper keeper" is "come of your line and distribute the ball quickly" that's it.

So what if the managers' desire is for his team to retain possession, even if the opposition is putting the team under massive pressure and pressing our defenders? Do you not think a goalkeeper needs to be comfortable being closed down quickly if he is taking a back pass, and needs to be comfortable finding a team-mate when he releases the ball, rather than simply hoofing it. Maintaining possession is a completely legitimate tactic, the more the team has the, the less the other team has it. And if the goalkeeper is weak, the opposition will realise that to get the ball they need to press high up, force the team back to the keeper and watch him kick it out of play.

It's like me saying there's nothing to golf because all you do is hit the ball. Just because you don't see/know that there may be other aspects it doesn't mean that there aren't.

Lol.....how many different WUM angles??

Just the biggest fail ever.

I want to see him tortured

Thing is, if I thought he was saying it just to wind people up, but he actually believed that AVB had some sort of talent and there's actually no telling how he will do at Spurs, I wouldn't be so incensed.

But it truly seems like he actually believes that AVB will almost get us relegated, and that West Ham will finish above us if they get Harry. I think he does believe it.

Thing is, if I thought he was saying it just to wind people up, but he actually believed that AVB had some sort of talent and there's actually no telling how he will do at Spurs, I wouldn't be so incensed.

But it truly seems like he actually believes that AVB will almost get us relegated, and that West Ham will finish above us if they get Harry. I think he does believe it.

He did this last pre-season.
He said that with the signings Stoke were making they'd definitely finish above Spurs. Stupid cnut.
It just annoys me that no one called up (at pretty much anytime last season) and rammed that ridiculous statement down his throat. Tw at!!

He said 'he's an interesting player', nothing more (possibly the equivalent of Arry's 'he's a triffic player')

Did I miss the rest?

Did you see the Moutinho interview on him last week? Wasnt a confirmation like "Im in talks", was more a whole piece blowing sunshine up AVBs ass - including the line "I would work with him again tomorrow" which I took to be a little too gracious, it was bordering on "come and get me"

ok so he used the dreaded word 'project' in that interview, 1 down, 200,000 to go (just as worse as the legendary 'top top' and 'triffic'

Is this the AVB press conference thread or talk about potential targets ???

Did love the way AVB kept saying WE

Last edited:
wish he'd stop with the title talk. it makes us look like mugs when we trail off the top teams after xmas. a bit like the mind the gap t shirts this season.

also CLEAR YOUR fudgeIN THROAT ANDRE jesus it drives me mad when i hear him talk. makes me cringe.

I think in talking of titles he doesnt mean just winning the league, but winning cups as well. At least thats how I understood it in the context of the interview

This is much better:
[video=youtube;P4XXHSoSld8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4XXHSoSld8[/video]

superb interview, it does seem he has learned some lessons from his Chelsea experience

good luck AVB!!!!

Very impressed with what i've seen of him around the club. Theres a real buzz in the build up to the season. Title talk is not making us look like mugs, its changing the mentality of the club, hes a winner and will bring in winners, and make winners of us!

COYS!

Back