• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB out or not?

AVB out or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • Give him a few more game to turn it around

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, not everyone. Not at all. I would counter that the continual deification of him, without any criticism, is what triggers suh to and fros from everyone. By the way, did you buy his book? I did. Good read, funny, but also confirms much of what has been said about his managerial style. I will agree he was certainly a lot more cheeky-cheerful and warm fun than AVB, much better ear-candy for us billys and monster monster for the media!

And from what I've seen so far (so far being the important bit) a better manager.

Is it true that Hiddink is available?

if we can get him and he is more than happy to come then i've changed my mind to being indifferent to AVB staying or going

AVB out mayne!!!!

Only if we can actually get hiddink

Would Hiddink be a short term (possible) solution? I think Levy is looking to bring in someone (ideally young) to kick-off a revolution; to create a culture (like Wenger) where we will bring in players to fit rather than change our system. I've always been on the AVB bandwagon (admiteddly baffled by some decisions but then again, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors) however having missed the City game (and refusing to watch highlights!) I cannot see beyond the scoreline.

AVB must have presented a blueprint to Levy prior to getting the job, I'd assume he had timelines to achieving this (obviously predicted timelines). Losing a player like Bale and not being able to get targets like Moutinho and Willian would have set him back in achieving certain goals. The test for him will be how he does this season, will he be anywhere near creating a particular system and culture? He has the support of Levy and I imagine Baldini but will he end up having the support of the players? I honestly believe we have to give him time as much as the current viewing may be hard to stomach.

If AVB goes, we'll end up with Capello (and a caretaker like Deadwood or Hoddle till after the WC).

That's something the banshees need to start thinking about.

Is it true that Hiddink is available?

if we can get him and he is more than happy to come then i've changed my mind to being indifferent to AVB staying or going

AVB out mayne!!!!

Only if we can actually get hiddink

Hiddink retired from club management in 2006 (and even by then he'd moved up into a more DoF role). Only Anzi's billions briefly convinced him otherwise. His interest hasn't been on the training pitch in a long long time.

If AVB goes, we'll end up with Capello (and a caretaker like Deadwood or Hoddle till after the WC).

As amusing a description as that is, there's no need to further an "us and them" attitude around here. Please refrain.

As amusing a description as that is, there's no need to further an "us and them" attitude around here. Please refrain.

Hmmm quite.

There's been an alarming increase of posts over the last week or so which appear to be attempting to establish another Us Vs Them situation - you'd have thought after the ugliness of last time it would be something we'd all try and avoid.

If he's lost the dressing room (according to some reports) then he hasn't got long.... But beat Man U and a few other decent results and he becomes safe again...

Lose badly to Man U and he's gone as the 'dressing room' story will arise once more.

I like AVB but he should never have said that the scum were on a downward spiral when we beat them back in March (or was it February)... They have hardly lost a game since. Don't **** off other teams! Also he said recently he wasn't concerned with our lack of goals.... Must be the only bloody one!

I don't think you should put so much stock into what managers say in the press. Most of it is designed to a purpose rather than their actual opinions as far as I can see. Sometimes you can tell with some confidence at least, that someone is telling the truth based on body language and tone, but in general it's much better to assume that they're just saying what makes sense to them there and then.

In the end what he said about the scum probably didn't have much of an effect either way. As long as they went on to finish ahead of us whatever he had said could have been construed to somehow have inspired them to do better. Had they gone on to finish below us whatever he had said could be construed to have put additional pressure on them and thus hurt them. I don't think a comment like that from AVB would have made much difference at all.

Similarly what he said about goals can be seen either as him not taking it seriously enough (if we continue to struggle going forward) or as him trying to instill confidence in the team that we can turn it around (if we improve). The outcome will color how this is interpreted whilst the outcome will most likely have little to no influence on what the outcome is.

Hiddink retired from club management in 2006 (and even by then he'd moved up into a more DoF role). Only Anzi's billions briefly convinced him otherwise. His interest hasn't been on the training pitch in a long long time.

you dont think he wants to work anymore? just for money?

Just priceless coming from you.

I really can't see Levy going for someone of that age again, I reckon he'll go for another young manager, although maybe someone not quite as young as AVB.

I think Hoddle has a lot to prove, and this time around he has a better bunch of players to work with. It's a shame his reputation was tarnished before....I believe in Ghod!

I know things need improving but does anyone else feel that there is a lot written in the media that is more personal than necessary about AVB? I read some articles on Monday that would have me thinking we were bottom of the table with 'serious relegation fears'.

AVB does need to improve things, but does anyone remember the story in the Sun just before our trip to Old Trafford last year?? What was it? Something like Villas Boas has lost the dressing room, the players all hate him, blah, blah, blah. We then win at Old Trafford for the first time since before the dawn of football (1992), and the story never surfaced again, until now.

I'm not saying we will beat Man Utd - despite them not being the team they were, they are still champions - but if we get a result will all be forgotten again?

Again, I don't want him gone but this is a ridiculous argument. It suggests that the only option open to us is to hire currently out of work managers, which is patently untrue.

Though at least the discourse on the more extreme side of tunnel visioned AVB support (and by this, I mean those who wished to discredit and quiet any criticism) does seem to have finally shifted away from no questioning of AVB, the man is an exceptional manager who will come good to some acknowledgements of faults.

AVB is not going to get sacked. I'll put money on it

No and it would be stupid to do so. We allowed him to spend 100 million this summer, give him at least a season to sort things out, barring a horrendous collapse. We should have sacked him and allowed someone else to spend the money if sacking him after 12 games was even an option, regardless of how unlikely.

Again, I don't want him gone but this is a ridiculous argument. It suggests that the only option open to us is to hire currently out of work managers, which is patently untrue.

Though at least the discourse on the more extreme side of tunnel visioned AVB support (and by this, I mean those who wished to discredit and quiet any criticism) does seem to have finally shifted away from no questioning of AVB, the man is an exceptional manager who will come good to some acknowledgements of faults.

out of work premium managers i'd say, I don't think anyone we would want isn't already in a better job

Back